October 25, 2014 | 1171 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Lasting Finish Matte - Kate Moss 109

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2014 9:00:00 AM More reviews by makeuplovesme2

horrible texture... very drying and flaky no matter how much i moisturized my lips... within 1 hour i was looking like i had halloween lips done.. :(
two stars are because the color is very pretty... may be if they do same color in their moisture renew formula...it will work better...
but this one is jus plain no...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Love the silky feel and finish, the way it stays on and most of all...the gorgeous color. I have bad lips for matte anything too, and until Kate Moss mattes, I could only pull off Bobbi Brown, but who wants to spend 20 something every time one wants to buy a lipstick? So it's perfect for the Spring / Summer and I ll wear it instead of my Maybelline Electric Orange as that one for some reason did not work out on me no matter what I tried under or over it. Kate Moss makes great lipsticks indeed. I recently bought her 105 and have her 114 (not matte) and love them all. Excellent products at a very inexpensive price.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2014 3:56:00 PM More reviews by slauslau

Unfortunately, this matte is flaky and drying. Love the orangy coral color though. If Mac puts out a Retro Matte in a shade like this, i'd snatch it up in a second.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 4:41:00 AM More reviews by maeb2uty

This is my go-to shade when I want a want a colorful but still day-appropriate lip. Definitely requires a coat of lip balm underneath to keep from drying your lips, as with most matte lipsticks, but looks absolutely gorgeous.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

I got super into coral lips and have a range from shockingly pink to orange-ish. This is one I was eying online but never found in stores and one day there it was. I decided to go for it (knowing I could return) and I liked it enough to keep it. I don't use this a whole lot, but having a matte (yea, it's my only one!) is kind of cool, and it has a nice simple feel (looks wise) even though it's quite an odd color. The biggest issue for me is that it does feel dry, I guess to keep it matte, and I don't love that. I tend to take it off mid day, scrape my lips (that I didn't know were dry or in need of exfoliation) and reapply. I don't mind the smell since I'm just used to these type of lipstick smells and the tube is cute. The staying power is pretty darn decent too since it's not slick. Overall I'm glad I bought it but probably won't repurchase, (if it would even still be available when I run out) but something about this is quirky and I dig it.

Hey guys, I just uploaded 2 pics of lots of swatches. It's impossible to get the pictures to capture correctly, that's why I made a comparison image. Oh and since buying this, I bought like 5 more Kate Mattes and many of her shiny Rimmel line! This is the driest one, but the rest are so fantastic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Shade description: warm orange

Pros

- pigmented
- creamy
- long wearing

Cons

- drying
- scent

Comments: I hate the way these lipsticks smell, but it fades. The color is a nice warm orange. It's very easy to wear as it's a little deeper and not so in-your-face bright. I like it.

Will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by ktmacup

Product does not last and does not stay on the lips!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by aleachhunter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm shocked that I actually like this. I haven't really bought into the whole orangey lipstick trend. However, I'm happy to report that this color is actually really great. It's not as oompa-loompa-y as others I've tried. It's just dark enough to be flattering. Love the formula and scent too.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by trisheee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally, a bright (almost red) shade that really flatters my medium NW30 skin tone! When turned 45 I had to rethink the whole red lip look as I felt it further aged my features. I actually grieved for the days when I could slap on any color and go. Since then, I'm 51 now, I've searched in vain for a red that I could wear with confidence knowing it looks great. 109 is the one! The most perfect red with a bit orange (70/30) that's not too bright but just bright enough to light up the complexion. It's matte but not drying. And its opaque but not thick and gloppy in texture. It glides on like silk...expensive silk with substance! I adore this shade...and it adores me! And, as if it weren't enough to find the perfect shade the formulation is out of this world amazing! I've had absolutely no issues with dryness, uneven fading, or patchiness. I apply a very thin layer of lip balm under it and I get about 5 hours of wear before I need to re-apply. In addition, there's no unsightly traveling in the fine lines above my lip...this stuff stays put. I can't sing the praises of this lipstick enough. I'll have to get more shades 'cause I'm wearing this one out! But you can bet I'll get a backup of this gorgeous color! It's perfect for spring and summer...and so affordable, too. I never thought I'd say this but, this is my Holy Grail lipstick!!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by dlittlegarden

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do agree with the other viewer who said that after this lipstick sets it tends to feel powdery and can clump into strange patches, but if you apply a light lip balm over the top that helps a ton.

I have two other colors from the Kate Moss for Rimmel lipstick line and I adore the scent and color selection -- great deep reds, neutrals and pretty pinks. For this particular shade, there is another comparable color in the line that was slighter more "watermelon". I was torn, but opted for this lovely coral shade in the end.

Also, compared to other drugstore lipsticks, Rimmel is priced slightly cheaper, while I don't think the quality lacks.

One final con -- while the lipstick tube looks nice from the outside, all three of the lipsticks I own from Rimmel are slightly maimed - they don't sit centered in the tube, so when you screw the lipstick up and down in the tube, the plastic scrapes the lipstick.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No