August 22, 2014 | 1854 users online

Lipstick - Stila - Color Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have these in Gabrielle (light candy pink) and Avery (light pinkish coral). First, the packaging is a nice silver bullet. The lipsticks themselves are opaque color with the feel of a balm, and a nice peppermint scent. I would say they're a satin finish, not matte, but not overly glossy or shiny either. The color selection is nice, and the texture is very comfortable to wear. These are not long-wearing, but then again, nothing with "balm" in the name is going to be. They are very reminiscent of Revlon lip butters, although I would say those colors are more sheer than the Stila balm lipsticks. Overall I am pretty happy with these, and will repurchase if needed.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by MadHungarian

Lovely packaging and color payoff. It made my lips very dry, though, with or without Chapstick or other balm under it. Nasty peeling mess by the end of the day, which was embarrassing in a work meeting. Then again, my manager shouldn't make us meet at the end of the day anyway :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Not a very big Stila fan, I recieved one of these Color Balm Lipsticks as gift. The packaging is a nice silver bullet that looks and feels higher end as it should for the price. Goes on feeling like a light balm but is definite full coverage highly pigmented lipstick. As a bit of shine, not as much as a gloss as Stila claims, I actually wouldn't mind a little less shine but for what it is, this lip product looks really moist and creamy on lips despite it feeling moist but not so much creamy. The thinner texture is not given away in its appearance which is kind of cool.

The color I have, Sonya, is described as a dusty merlot. At least on me, that description is deceiving. It is actually a cool pinky berry shade and is a shade that manages to make teeth look whiter which is an added bonus. It is a very clean and fresh looking color, with no shimmer.

The wear on this particular shade is fantastic. It lasts for hours and once touched up it seems to wear even longer. The color fades mostly evenly when it does start to fade and leaves behind a nice stain.

The downsides of this? A bit pricey. The peppermint scent ( I am just not a fan). And finally the fact that it does get a little drying on my lips as it wears on, which totally negates the whole color BALM thing. After an hour or so the thinner texture starts to feel a little drying.

But overall it is a good pigmented lipstick and I would be interested in trying other shades.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddict1982

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have the colors Betsey & Elle, Betsey is a gorgeous bright bright pink, with a strong blue undertone, I love it the color, Elle is also a gorgeous corally pink that leans very pink & without any orange, none & seems very similar to MAC's Viva Glam Nicki .....but the shape of these lipstick, round why would you make lipsticks round? my lips are semi full & I have a hard time with precision applying these lipsticks & no I don't like to apply my lipsticks with a lip brush...way to much work + Elle is so dryingggg my lips literally feel & look like raisins after applying Elle, Ugh in summary @ $22 +tax each, I would not repurchase, gorgeous colors...but raisin lips are not cool.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 5:23:00 AM More reviews by angelicafabrey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I got this in the shade Elle and the color is really cute! It's the perfect shade of pink (not too bright) and it really matches my skin tone (i have fair-medium skin). I also love the minty cooling feeling it gives my lips. However, I noticed that it makes my lips look quite dry, though i've never had a problem with dry lips before so i normally wear this over lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I figured this would be a high-end dupe of Revlon's lip butters. It's FAR better! The formula is rich and moisturizing: my lips feel great wearing it! It also has something in it that feels cooling, so I can wear it over chapped lips. The coverage is more than a balm, yet it's not thick or opaque. It also wears pretty well for a balm. And it's not sticky at all!

I have this in Shari and Vivienne. These are both earthy cool colors that look fantastic on my skin tone.

The steep price tag is a bit of a downer, but overall this is worth repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Makeuplover1110

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Super cute! I use it as my everyday lipstick. Its a little drying tho make sure to wear some lip balm underneath.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by fuzzysham

I have this in Betsey and I LOVE it!
I'm a huge fan of MAC's Candy Yum Yum but it is so drying and to me, this is a dupe but it's nice and moisturizing and never dries my lips or accentuates flakes or cracks. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by funnygirlup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is without a doubt, a pricey coloured balm but really its stila and a higher price is to be expected. i purchased evangeline wanting a daily kind of colour. it smells minty and feels cool on the lips. the balm glides on smoothly and isnt sticky. it tastes nice and lasts decently. the colour is pretty and natural. the packaging is a slim silver container that is pretty but nothing remarkable. i would repurchase. id like to try the brighter shades soon too

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by julieglee92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best thing I love about my lip balm is the color - I got the Valentina (orange poppy, which is a red-orange). My only critique is that I don't feel that it is moisturizing enough. I always combine it with another plain balm. Nonetheless, the variety of "poppy" colors is a winner in my book!