November 24, 2014 | 1214 users online

Lipstick - Stila - Color Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by afernau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have these in the colors Betsey (hot pink), Elle (watermelon coral), and Avery (peachy coral). I absolutely love these! At first I was hesitant about the durability because they are a balm, but I have been able to get a good 6 hours in on these including eating and drinking with minimal color fade. I haven't noticed the mint smell nor have I experienced any tingling upon application. Although this could be due to the fact that I've used a lot of mint Burt's Bees lip balm in my time and I may have just grown accustomed. I wouldn't say they're drying, but they do set to a pretty matte finish which can feel dry. I've tried these both with and without lip balm underneath to see if that made any difference with the dry feeling. I found that the pigmentation is a lot better without lip balm underneath, but applying a thin layer of lip balm helped a lot with the dryness and gave it a more smooth application with a semi-glossy finish. The diameter of the balm is quite a bit larger than your typical lipstick, close to that of a quarter. I was worried that this would make application messy and difficult, but it hasn't caused me any problems. Overall, a surprisingly nice addition to my collection, albeit on the pricey side.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by liorak

Not horrible but not my favorite. These aren't very smooth to apply, which I find odd because it isn't drying on the lips. I do not like the tingling feeling as well, it is VERY mild. There is also a slight minty smell, which I am not a fan of since I don't like mint.I do love the fact that you can go for a bright lip for evening if you apply more, or subtle for day if you apply lightly. And it does sit well on the lips. However the smell, application and feeling on my lips is my I said this is average. It says its a balm, so I expected it to go on A LOT smoother. Personally I prefer my ysl lipsticks to this. They have a similar effect on the lips, MUCH smoother to apply. And they don't tingle on my lips. They are more expensive though. If you are willing to spend 12 dollars more go for the ysl lipsticks!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Misha

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the look on my lips, love the shade (Olivia). That's the good news.
It fails miserably, though, because of the peppermint oil in the lipstick, an irritant and can be drying too.
My lips burned after I applied the lipstick. They felt irritated and felt like that hours after I wiped it from my lips.
I was very disappointed as I love the shade and the look, but the peppermint oil doesn't do anyones lips any favors.
So, I'll try to find the same shade, without the irritants.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have these in Gabrielle (light candy pink) and Avery (light pinkish coral). First, the packaging is a nice silver bullet. The lipsticks themselves are opaque color with the feel of a balm, and a nice peppermint scent. I would say they're a satin finish, not matte, but not overly glossy or shiny either. The color selection is nice, and the texture is very comfortable to wear. These are not long-wearing, but then again, nothing with "balm" in the name is going to be. They are very reminiscent of Revlon lip butters, although I would say those colors are more sheer than the Stila balm lipsticks. Overall I am pretty happy with these, and will repurchase if needed.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by MadHungarian

Lovely packaging and color payoff. It made my lips very dry, though, with or without Chapstick or other balm under it. Nasty peeling mess by the end of the day, which was embarrassing in a work meeting. Then again, my manager shouldn't make us meet at the end of the day anyway :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Not a very big Stila fan, I recieved one of these Color Balm Lipsticks as gift. The packaging is a nice silver bullet that looks and feels higher end as it should for the price. Goes on feeling like a light balm but is definite full coverage highly pigmented lipstick. As a bit of shine, not as much as a gloss as Stila claims, I actually wouldn't mind a little less shine but for what it is, this lip product looks really moist and creamy on lips despite it feeling moist but not so much creamy. The thinner texture is not given away in its appearance which is kind of cool.

The color I have, Sonya, is described as a dusty merlot. At least on me, that description is deceiving. It is actually a cool pinky berry shade and is a shade that manages to make teeth look whiter which is an added bonus. It is a very clean and fresh looking color, with no shimmer.

The wear on this particular shade is fantastic. It lasts for hours and once touched up it seems to wear even longer. The color fades mostly evenly when it does start to fade and leaves behind a nice stain.

The downsides of this? A bit pricey. The peppermint scent ( I am just not a fan). And finally the fact that it does get a little drying on my lips as it wears on, which totally negates the whole color BALM thing. After an hour or so the thinner texture starts to feel a little drying.

But overall it is a good pigmented lipstick and I would be interested in trying other shades.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddict1982

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have the colors Betsey & Elle, Betsey is a gorgeous bright bright pink, with a strong blue undertone, I love it the color, Elle is also a gorgeous corally pink that leans very pink & without any orange, none & seems very similar to MAC's Viva Glam Nicki .....but the shape of these lipstick, round why would you make lipsticks round? my lips are semi full & I have a hard time with precision applying these lipsticks & no I don't like to apply my lipsticks with a lip brush...way to much work + Elle is so dryingggg my lips literally feel & look like raisins after applying Elle, Ugh in summary @ $22 +tax each, I would not repurchase, gorgeous colors...but raisin lips are not cool.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 5:23:00 AM More reviews by angelicafabrey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I got this in the shade Elle and the color is really cute! It's the perfect shade of pink (not too bright) and it really matches my skin tone (i have fair-medium skin). I also love the minty cooling feeling it gives my lips. However, I noticed that it makes my lips look quite dry, though i've never had a problem with dry lips before so i normally wear this over lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

I figured this would be a high-end dupe of Revlon's lip butters. It's FAR better! The formula is rich and moisturizing: my lips feel great wearing it! It also has something in it that feels cooling, so I can wear it over chapped lips. The coverage is more than a balm, yet it's not thick or opaque. It also wears pretty well for a balm. And it's not sticky at all!

I have this in Shari and Vivienne. These are both earthy cool colors that look fantastic on my skin tone.

The steep price tag is a bit of a downer, but overall this is worth repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Makeuplover1110

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Super cute! I use it as my everyday lipstick. Its a little drying tho make sure to wear some lip balm underneath.