September 30, 2014 | 1962 users online

Makeup Brushes - NARS - Smudge Brush 15

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Amberbock363

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this brush so much I bought a second just to use to fill in my hot pink eyebrows highly recommend

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by jadorelechoc

I *love* this brush. I use it for smudging eyeshadow or liner and I even use it with gel liner! Has never failed me. Very well made, the hairs are densely packed and smudges evenly whatever it's supposed to smudge. A definite repurchase if I had to. Give me this and the NARS 16 Wide Contour brush and I am set for my eye makeup.
I cannot seem to be able to find any second cut hairs in mine, therefore this is not a scratchy brush. It is as soft as it should be to get the job done well. True love.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by CookieNSpice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is great for smudging eyeliner. Even though I want to buy the push brush eventually, this brush is also great for applying powder eye shadow to my top and bottom lash line. I also use it to apply eye shadow on my outer V

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 3:33:00 AM More reviews by bellyhead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When does one start to develop the weird habit of picking out more and more specialized brushes? I'm not sure, but when I saw this and read about it, it went on my list. You know, my list where I prioritize my makeup acquisitions and tools. This went pretty high up.

Funny shape, this one. It is flat and the bristles form a flat arc. Not sure what animal it is from, but it is some bushy animal. This definitely is not one of the more soft brushes I own (like the Suqqu ones), but the combination of its density and arc shape makes it a wonderful tool.

I've been primarily using it to smudge (heh! how novel! smudge with a smudge brush!) eyeliner or shadow in both the upper and lower lash line. Others have noted it picks up a lot of product (if you dip it into eyeshadow) and I think this as well. I try to tap a bit off so I don't load up too much. A couple of strokes back and forth and the effect is nicely smoky and smudged.

Can I live without this brush? Probably. So before I had this, I've used cottons swabs (the cosmetic kind with the pointier tip) and other brushes, but really how well it performs its function really makes it a neat little brush. This is my first Nars brush. I'm very happy with this purchase. Very highly recommend it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by cainca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Really love this for putting on powder eyeshadow as eyeliner. It is better than the Paula Dorf one that I used to own. I love the texture and length of the bristles - fabulous and wish I had bought it sooner.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by MacAtFirstSight

This brush is heavenly! I've been using it nonstop since getting it from beauty.com
I wanted a smudge brush that was soft enough to use around the lashline and lower lash line. Let me tell you that this brush definitely is soft and gentle enough for your sensitive eyes. I have Laura Mercier's smudge brush as well, but i think the brushes are different enough to own both. LM's is smaller while this is wider and a bit more flufflier. LM's is somewhat scratchy at first use but i feel that it softens throughout time. Nars smudge brush is great because it picks up so much product w/ just a tap and applies them smoothly on your lids. it's heavenly for smoking and blending out as well. the brush is very dense and thick while being soft, the perfect combinations.

This brush has replaced my mac 219, which I find too pokey for my sensitive eyes.

and at $26, i wouldn't even consider brush to be expensive. some mac brushes cost even more than that.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by moonbeam62

This is my favorite smudge brush and my favorite Nars brush. Its bristles are much shorter and dense than other smudge brushes out there, great for smudging liner and places eyeshadow right where you want it without fallout.
It isn't expensive at all when you realize how often and how many years you will use it. Great brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2010 6:27:00 PM More reviews by newkie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this for smokey eyes and think it's only ok. Perhaps I'm not using it right, but I just don't love it. Too imprecise.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by pquiles

For about 4 months now I've been using this brush to smudge out my liner or to apply e/s as liner. I really like it b/c it's soft and makes it easy for me to have a softer, blended smoky look. I'm not a MUA by any means, but this brush makes me feel like I am b/c of the ease of application when I use it. It's definitely a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2010 6:06:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

This is my first NARS brush, I use it for smudging eyeshadow and eye liner on my lower lashline. It's dense and soft, good for packing on eyeshadows on my small asian eyes. I got it for $26.50 on NARS website.