November 1, 2014 | 1074 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Dressed to Kill

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 6:11:00 AM More reviews by mariann7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely raspberry red lipstick infused with gold shimmer. However, it is a little bit dry compared to the other Nars lipsticks, several of which I love (Afghan Red, Damage, Gypsy, Flamingo). After a few hours I find my lips are parched. The color pay off isn't that great, as I need to reapply every 2 hours or so. Nonetheless, the color is beautiful & I will continue to use itbecause of its beauty. But the evening after, you will need a lip balm to rehydrate. Buy it again? Probably not due to the dry feeling afterwards which I think comes from the glitter in the formula.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by mhanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a big fan of Nars l/s in general. I probably have most of them. In general, I find the formula to be comfortable and long lasting. I find them to be reasonably moisturizing but I have started to add a lip balm under the l/s when the weather is chilly. This l/s is no exception. Good quality lipstick that has no fragrance to my nose. On me, this color is a deep berry with gold flakes and it is opaque even on my pigmented lips. I do not get any coral undertones but the gold flakes do warm the color up a bit. The glitter does make the texture a bit gritty, very similar in texture to Nars Beautiful Liar l/s. I do not really care for the gold flakes (especially during office hours) but I do like the berry color, so I have been wearing this lippy with a cream (non-sparkly) l/g to tone down the glitter. While I do not care for the gold shimmer I do like that they do not travel all over your face, but stay on the lips. I like this color but will be keeping it for evening or wearing it with a gloss to tone it down. Due to its lack of versatility I will not be repurchasing this l/s.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 8:03:00 AM More reviews by tortue

Dressed to Kill is part of the Nars Spring 2013 collection and is described as fuschia with gold shimmer which is completely accurate. As with all Nars Satin l/s, it's absolutely necessary to prime with a good lipbalm to give it some slip, and even more so with the shimmer making Dressed to Kill a bit gritty.

The shade itself is extremely pretty but wears off rather quickly, leaving you with only the (big) gold shimmer particles and since reapplying takes a bit of work, this is a bit of a PITA. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Conny68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

New for Spring 2013, this is a deep rose with golden shimmer. The shade has a lovely "warm" quality that makes it a nice Spring shade as well as a more Autumnal one.
I do not find the shimmer to be gritty or frosty: it just adds a bit of a spark.
I would call this Flair's warm-toned sister!