October 2, 2014 | 976 users online

Cleansers - Murad - Time Release Blemish Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2014 3:11:00 AM More reviews by amoenaonline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this cleanser, though there are some downsides too...

Good things:
- My face feels completely clean after I use this product, but it's not drying
- Helps with blemishes
- I love the cooling effect on my skin on the morning!!
- Lasts a long time
- I like the package and design
- The product itself feels and looks really nice too

Bad things:
- Not really suitable for removing make-up, especially eye makeup because of the cooling effect
- Price
- Have to order online (Murad is not available in my country)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2014 7:17:00 PM More reviews by foxyknoxy

I found that this cleanser doesn't remove makeup. I'm looking for multi-purpose cleanser and this isn't it. I like the ingredient list excluding the menthol. Not sure what the purpose of including this was. For those with sensitive skin....beware of the menthol.

Pros:
Hydrating
Great Ingredient List
Large Tube....I had a sample so I couldn't say how long it would last

Cons:
Won't Remove Makeup
You will probably need to use this product twice.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by blossom844

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really, really like this cleanser. I have struggled with acne since I was 14 years old (I'm now 24) and after trying countless over-the-counter as well prescription acne products, I was finally able to get my acne cleared with Accutane when I was 18. Now, I still have acne-prone skin, but it is mostly in my T-zone. I need a product that can help keep my acne at bay but isn't too drying on my skin, which most acne products are. For a while I was using both Neutrogena's pink grapefruit cleanser as well as La Roche Posay's Effaclar cleanser, but I found that after a while they were just drying out my skin and making my skin texture and acne worse.

I first tried this product about 3 months ago and loved it immediately. I liked that it had enough salicylic acid to regulate my somewhat oily, acne-prone skin, yet not enough to dry it out. I love the creamy texture of the cleanser. It is certainly on the pricy side, but a little of the product goes a long way. I also found that, after using the cleanser, my skin tone was more even, softer, and brighter. 3 months later, the results are still the same and I still love this product. Would definitely recommend for those with similar skin types to mine.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think I got a bad tube of this. It was if the cleanser had gelled in the tube; it was difficult to queeze out and was chunky and thick in texture, making it almost impossible to apply to my face. For some stupid reason I stuck it out instead of returning it. This was no better against breakouts than a drugstore acne cleanser, and I hated the "low-foaming" feature. My skin just didn't feel clean after using this. I won't buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by yellowease

I'm 22 and I recently started breaking out. It was not acne all over my face however there were problematic areas. At my nearest sephora I purchased the Murad spot treatment but opted for a cleanser because I didn't want to continue spot treating everyday. I've heard raving reviews on their clarifying cleanser but seeing as my skin was sensitive and not acne-prone I preferred the Murad Time Release because it contained 0.5% Salicylic Acid. I tried it for about a month and just returned it.

There was nothing wrong with the cleanser but it didn't help me with my skin and I only had a couple pimples across my eyebrows. In fact, I began to break out all across my forehead and chin and decided against using products that neither helped or calmed my skin. I enjoy cream cleansers over those that lather because my skin is very sensitive. The product was gentle and mild (maybe too mild) but never irritated my eyes.

Maybe one day I'll repurchase when I am older (as it is targeted for more mature skin).

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by nfa160

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hi. I'm 27, fair skinned, dark hair, light eyes. I bought this cream two weeks ago exactly. I have combination, dehydrated and dry skin areas, meaning that if I put on cream foundation you could see flakiness around the nose extending slightly to the cheeks, with an incredible shine just a short while later! I occassionaly suffer from acne, only when I'm close to my period, and on the corners of my face, outer jaw, below the ears which have left a few marks and blemishes over time. I used this product day/night, everyday since I bought it two weeks ago and have used Clinique's age defense moisturizer for combination/oily skin after. Here are the results so far:
1. Skin that is bright looking and healthy in the morning when i wake up
2. Lesser oily complexion after a loooooonnng day at work, includes movement from one place to another, and outdoors sometimes (but, I need to apply a blotting paper to remove some shine at around 5/6 hours after cleansing)
3. The two (hard/menstrual period) spots I got began to dissappear after 3 days. There is still some hardness to one of them now (4th day), but the one next to it healed with a mark still there diminishing (note that I am using clearasil blemish control on it, but it is faster now than with using clearasil before)

There was no "wow" effect with the results. I was expecting it to be more cleansing and foamy, but it is not foamy at all, and if you wear foundation, you need to cleanse with make up remover wipes or cream. I won't buy it again, and I advise any potential buyer not to, considering that with the cost of this product being 29£, its results were closer to 5£...Still on the search for a great cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by beachesatnormandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried this on a whim after I ran out of my previous cleanser. It was a bad choice, as it broke out my skin like nothing else has. I got 3 huge nodular spots, and then 10-15 small pimples that flared up on parts of my face that I have never gotten acne before. Just an FYI - I have sensitive, acne prone, ridiculously combo skin. This product also burned a little bit after I would wash my face/get out of the shower. As soon as I stopped using it my face cleared up for the most part.

It is a thick and gel consistency which I normally prefer, and it did make my face soft. But it also broke me out at the same time. I agree with a previous reviewer that this is probably for someone who doesn't actually have acne or sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 2:51:00 AM More reviews by fenimore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Finally! I have acne-prone, sensitive, combination skin. This means that it's prone to overdrying and becoming flaky and super oily, so most acne cleansers are too harsh and out of the question... but normal and sensitive cleansers tend to leave pore clogging residue or simply have no effect effect on my breakouts/shine. I was starting to get frusterated, thinking that I'd never find an appropriate cleanser.

I don't know if the "time release" part is anything more than a gimmick, but I don't care - this face wash has managed to clear up my skin at light speed. I was recovering from months of horrible, deep nodules triggered by The Body Shop's tea tree line, and was losing hope of ever finding a good cleanser. Within two days of trying this - which I purchased after scouring facewash reviews here and on sephora.com - my skin was looking light years better. My breakouts were clearing up with no new eruptions, my skin looked matte and fresher, and I wasn't getting dry patches. The reaction was so immediately positive that I might be declaring this my "HG" cleanser.

Note that this product functions as a cleanser and toner, so if you try to continue using a toner I'd imagine it could be drying. It doesn't get super foamy or lathery, so keep that in mind. It has a pleasant scent IMO, but I can see it being too strongly scented for some.

This cleanser utilizes salicylic acid for exfoliation, menthol for a slight cooling sensation, and tea tree and willow bark for antibacterial/anti-inflammatory properties, so if your skin is sensitive to any of those, take a pass. But if you think your acne is due to bacteria/dead skin buildup or you have weird combo skin like me, it's worth a shot!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by cbk821

I think this product is meant for older individuals with less-sensitive, tougher skin. I am young and this product just didn't do it for me. It left me with less than perfect skin, and gave me 'ye ole' cystic acne on the chin' that the reviewer before me mentions. Lol. I think it has a lot of 'moisturizing and wrinkle hydrating' ingredients to target the older clientele, and these are a lot of ingredients my already oily/acne prone skin doesn't need. Therefore if you are looking to use a time-release acne face wash by Murad, try the Clarifying Skin Cleanser. It works beautifully for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2013 3:33:00 AM More reviews by ChickenBear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nope.

I caved in and bought this after an SA at Sephora gave me the hard-sell. Even though I knew in my heart of hearts that is was a gimmick, I really wanted to believe in the 'time-release' aspect.

After a few days of use, my sensitive, acne prone skin had had enough. I started getting the ole' cystic acne on my chin and back to Sephora it went.

Other things I don't like about this cleanser: it doesn't foam. That's fine for sensitive/dry types but for people with oily or acne prone skin, I truly believe you need a foaming action to really get all the dirt out of the pores- I don't care how many chemical exfoliating ingredients it has.

Problem #2: It's kind of menthol-y and sting the skin. Some people think this is a sign of 'deep cleaning' but I think it' unnecessary and painful.