Skinfood Kiwi Yogurt Mask

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I grew up making my own yogurt masks, but it's so messy and cold that I get lazy about it sometimes! So I found this on sale at TJ Maxx or Marshall's, decided to give it a try. Though I had my doubts, yep, it moisturizes the same as a yogurt mask, just about. When I run out, I may just go back to using fresh plain yogurt. For those who are wondering, if you use plain yogurt, vary the fat content depending on your needs. 0% fat yogurt can strip your skin of moisture, full fat will give you the max, maybe too much if you have oily skin. I prefer low fat plain yogurt, and I bring it to room temperature before applying. If there are any home remedy herbs/spices you want to benefit from, you can mix it with the yogurt. Greek yogurt is less messy, since the water has been strained out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I personally love yogurt masks because yogurt lightens acne scars, kill acne causing bacteria, and evens out your complexion. Kiwi is full of vitamin C for your skin! I used to make my own mask, but it got too extensive for my busy life, so i bought this. It's REALLY moisturizing. I didn't like this too much during the summer for my oily skin, but I picked it up again during the winter and OMG fantastic. My skin is flakey and dry during the winter (cursed NJ and its snow) but thanks to this I have a solution to combat it. My makeup goes on smoother especially if i do this mask before applying it. It smells great too! I says leave on for 15 minutes, but I don't think thats sufficient time to let the moisture and vitamins soak up into your skin. i usually leave it on for about 40 minutes and rinse off starting with warm water and then with cold water. apply a moisturizer and makeup OR night cream if at night after wards.

Popular Masks