July 26, 2014 | 1356 users online

Makeup Brushes - NARS - Wide Contour Brush 16

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by rachelleanita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this brush for applying my brow bone highlighter because it puts on the perfect amount of color and blends it nicely. It is also perfect for blending in the harsh crease lines or mistakes. I haven't used it for applying the crease color, but I'm sure it would work for that too. A must have for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by jadorelechoc

An exceptional multi-purpose and versatile brush, I use it to get into my crease or soften harsh lines, but also for shadow application of the lid. If you have this and a liner/smudger brush (for me it's the NARS #15) then you're set for your eye makeup. Does the job for you and does not require any kind of expertise. I would definitely repurchase it in the unlikely event of its falling apart one day (I am not too vigorous a user!). Two thumbs up.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by moonbeam62

This brush is great for so many things, blending, getting in the crease, but I tend to use mine to highlight my browbone. Love this type of brush and also have a really nice flat version of his by Bobbi Brown and another contour thats similar by Trish McEvoy and love them all. Great brush, would definitely repurchase if it ever needs replacement.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by pquiles

Got this b/c I wanted another blending brush and was fascinated by it's shape and thickness. Plus, I'm soooo into NARS at the moment.
Anyhoos... I find that it's blends harsh lines exceptionally well. I also use it to apply my darker or brighter colors too as it gives a sheer application rather than a heavy disposal of color so it doesn't leave me looking clownish.
Overall... I like. Will I repurchase? If I lose this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2008 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Scrappydoo

Great quality and excellent for blending, but not for a wash of color as its so soft it doesn't pick up the shadow well and you get a lighter less intense wash of color. I even compared it on my hand with other shadow brushes(UD and Stila) and the same shadow and it doesn't apply the color half as vibrant as the others, it thins it. Wouldn't buy again, but it's such sturdy good quality I don't think I would ever have to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 5:42:00 AM More reviews by PrincessScuzzlebutt2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this brush. Its very large hoof shaped brush. Its wonderful for using in the bridge of your eye if you have a light color and want a really natural blended look. I also like to use this brush for glitter shadows. If you use a cream shadow first, than apply a glitter shadow in a kind of stamping motion with this brush (i mean to press the shadow on your lid with it), you'll get INTENSE color with very little if any fallout. Its also great for blending to soften up harsh lines.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2008 6:58:00 AM More reviews by bellefranjic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with most of the comments below. This brush is very soft and is good for overall shading, especially across the brow bone. The contour makes it particularly effective. Most importantly, it holds its shape very well after many uses and washes. I also use this brush for applying Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder around the inner and lower corners of my eyes and even (very gently) under my eyes. Not a staple, but good to have and fun to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2007 11:02:00 PM More reviews by kristina_145

The wide contour brush is fantastic for doing an all-over wash of colour. I also sometimes use this for highlighting my brow bone. I purchased this brush off ebay, and have a feeling that it is a fake. I would reccommend anyone considering purchasing a make-up brush to do so from a reputable seller, so you don't get ripped off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2006 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Marguerite

NARS Wide Contour Brush 16 feels incredibly silky on my delicate eyelid skin and makes the application of color to the crease nearly effortless. It also works like a dream for a quick wash of color or for blending eyeshadow over the entire lid. The brush measures approximately 18 cm or 7 in long from the tip of the handle to the top of the angled brush head; the hairs are 50 percent goat and 50 percent squirrel (SOFT-SOFT-SOFT); the handle is weighted for ease of use; and the shiny ferrule is not crimped *sigh* but hugs the handle securely and looks super sleek. Over the years I have acquired a few other brushes to do the same job, but this one is a winner and my new favourite of all. It just rocks! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2006 11:50:00 PM More reviews by verityhl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an awesome eyeshadow brush! My favorite. :) I have a lot of space between my lashline and brows, like an inch and a half, and doing a wash was annoying with smaller eyeshadow brushes. This one hugs the browbone and my eyeball and is fantastic for crease contouring. Blends beautifully!