October 24, 2014 | 1926 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Palmer's - Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E Moisturizing Gel Oil SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by annachristina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This gel oil is absolutely amazing. The scent is pretty strong, a chocolatey, cocoa butter smell with a bit of perfume. It doesn't bother me, but it could bother you if you like to wear perfume or are hypersensitive to scents.

With that out of the way, I don't have a problem with the consistency and it absorbs in under a minute if you don't use too much or maybe my skin just drinks it up. I'd go with trying small amounts and increasing if you don't see a change in moisture retention. This is nothing like the Johnson's gel oils from a few years back, those just stayed shiny on top of my skin.

It's about $8 for 7oz/200ml which isn't bad considering that I use far less oil than I do lotion. I'd been looking for a body lotion with SPF and, while this is just 15, it fits the bill nicely for me. I only use this in the morning when I'm fresh from the shower and my skin stays well hydrated throughout the day with no itching or dry patches. I'm so glad that I purchased two bottles.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by carolinelovesbunnies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you have super itchy dry winter skin like I suffer from, this is the product that will leave you hydrated all over and feeling comfortable. Recently, this is the only product that will stop me from scratching, and I am very accustomed to body oils and have other very quality ones. This product is super inexpensive and can be purchased at most pharmacies. It hydrates very well, and coats the skin with a protective layer. The flip-side of this is just that: it feels very thick and as if you have a layer of oil on your skin. It will absorb in, but it does take a while. For the benefit it provides me, This downside will not bother me. It smells very strongly of cocoa, in a nice, non-artificial or sugary way, but, this will interfere with perfume. I just accept that. I am a fragrance wearer and am very dedicated to my perfumes, but again, it takes my itchies away, and for that I am grateful. The texture is thick, but a nice gel-oil formulation. It offers a little sun protection (though I can't imagine wearing this in the summer). It leaves a very pretty sheen on the skin, and it helps heal thanks to the vitamin E in the formula. It does not irritate my skin or break me out. I like the bottle since it is not at risk of spilling, but the cap could use some redesigning as it is hard to snap closed (& once I do, it is difficult to open again). For the price, I will not complain, but I just want to point out that I would not travel with this bottle. Other vital ingredients include: jojoba oil & shea butter.