September 20, 2014 | 1835 users online

Cleansers - Garnier - Soothing Remover Towelettes for Sensitive Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 7:36:00 AM More reviews by candybum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really like these! First of all, they do what they say, take off all the makeup, with very little effort. No, the towellettes arent' dripping wet, but they really do work, better than any othe wipe I've tried. Secondly, there was absolutely no stinging or redness or sensitivity of any kind. For $10 Canadian a pack, I'll definitley be repurchasing these when I run out!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

Well, after 8 out of 10 attempts using different brands of makeup removing towlettes went totally wrong with my sensitive acne-prone skin, I thought, "why the hell don't I try this brand? After all, it's on sale for $4 and it says it's a SOOTHING REMOVER FOR SENSITIVE SKIN-NO FRAGRANCE ALCOHOL OR DYE", a statement I hadn't seen on any other brands before! Boy was I wrong! The lippie on this rating stands for it's amazing power to remove all makeup with just a few swipes, even stubborn waterproof mascara, the most powerful makeup removing towlette I've used yet! But, after using it, the usual stinging and redness provoked by makeup removing towlettes started. Why? I've yet to know. I had to run to the sink and irrigate my face with water for a while, because my face was burning badly!!! I really think my skin does not tolerate a certain ingredient present in all makeup removing towlettes!!! The only thing I trust my face with for makeup removing and cleansing is the Pond's Cold Cream (the container with the light green lid), it's pricey but amazing.
All in all, I do recommend this towlettes to people who do not have sensitive skin! Because they clean up the makeup like a dream after all. But it's the first time ever I throw a product in the trash after using it for the first time. This burnt my face, left it bumpy, red and scaly.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Shopah0lic21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Love

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 3:44:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although these don't irritate my skin, they just lack the level of dampness that I look for in a cleansing towelette. I have to scrub more when I wear heavy eye makeup which is a big no-no for me and it does cause some minor clogging around my chin and cheek area with persistent use. I will stick to my Pond's cleansing towelettes as they seem to work out better for me and don't break me out. I really wanted to like this as I like many Garnier products in general but I will have to pass on this. Some pros are that there is no harsh smell to this and you get a nice sized sheet to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by VioletOrchid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I just finished up my second package of these! These towelettes have no smell, are soft enough not to feel scratchy yet have enough texture to facilitate makeup removal, and though others reviewers have found the to be too dry, these have the perfect amount of moisture and aren't drippy-wet. These are perfect.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 9:16:00 AM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think these wipes are just mediocre at best. They didn't irritate my face but they also are not very damp and I have to use two or three of them to remove everything. I think this is a problem with most makeup remover wipes. A lot of them seem to be not very moist at all. I mean if they can make baby wipes practically dripping they can certainly figure out a way to make wipes more moist and efficient.

I found the packaging of this to not be good. I like ones like neutrogena with the plastic flip dispenser in the middle as opposed to this which is just a sticker you peel off and on. By the fourth use the sticker wouldn't even stick anymore!!! I ended up using a piece of tape to hold it on.

Don't buy these. Go with Neutrogena makeup wipes. They are much better in terms of actual removal of makeup, a little more moist and the dispenser makes more sense. I'm only giving this a two because it didn't sting my skin. But I ended up actually throwing these out because I didn't care for them.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by SnowcLovers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to use Clinique's Exfoliating Lotion but stopped when I learned how bad alcohol based products are for the skin, so I needed a new produce to get rid of both my foundation and eye makeup. After standing around comparing products, I eventually went with these because they were the cheapest and did not have parabens in it. I did not like them at all. They weren't as wet as I would have liked and I really had to scrub at my face to get my makeup off. Even then, it didn't get all of my eye makeup off, which was very frustrating. This is also definitely NOT for sensitive skin. I have very tough, oily skin and I can use anything on it and not have a reaction, but these wipes really irritated my skin. After using it I'd feel a burning sensation on my skin and so I had to wash my face every time I used them. It also leaves a sticky and slimy residue, which you can feel when you wash it off with water. I do not recommend these at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

Everybody is talking about SIMPLE, but for me, these are way better! You see, I am allergic to parabens and SIMPLE is full of them so I needed something sans parabens. As I searched for an alternative one day in the store, I stumbled upon these by Garnier. I was attracted to the "soothing" part of the name, so I picked up a pack and flipped them over. I was sold. Bought them, tried them the same day and I've used them ever since. Not sure how long they've been on the market or if they just came out but they are wonderful. It's a Super gentle, soft towelette with no fragrance or dyes, and and NO parabens. And, they are effective... just one towelette removes my makeup completely.

Here is a full listing of the ingredients: Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Ammonium Polyacryldimethyltauramide/Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Cetyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Disodium EDTA, Glyceryl Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Myrtrimonium Bromide, PEG-100 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil/Sweet Almond Oil, Rosa Gallica Extract/Rosa Gallica Flower Extract, Sodium Benzoate, Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum.