April 20, 2014 | 965 users online

Moisturizers - Caudalie - Huile Divine

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by redmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What don't I love about this???

The smell is heavenly - it's warm and faintly rose, but not lingering or overpowering. It reminds me of being at the spa. The texture is smooth like butter, and it feels like silk as the skin drinks it in.

Oh, right... the price. That's what I don't love. Yes, it comes in a super cute bottle with a fairly decent spray mechanism, but the price still makes me cringe.

Here's some good news, though - I found Garnier Fructis Miracle Dry Oil at my drugstore recently. The packaging is not as svelte as Caudalie, and the formula isn't quite so posh. BUT...and this is a big BUT...it's less than $7 a bottle. The scent is similar, and it works well enough for me to save the Caudalie for really special occasions, and use the Garnier on a daily basis.

If only Caudalie were a little cheaper, it would be perfect.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

I couldn't imagine using this on your face as the sunscreen filters in it (abovenzone and octinoxate) are unstable and cause skin damage when combine , especially in sunlight
I wouldn't want to use this on my body either for the same reason
The only place I'd use this is hair . Which is super overpowering in terms of fragrance and greasy
Straight avocado oil is cheaper and more nourishing

Skip, this is a waste of money

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by ultraVIOLETnikki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing stuff - well worth the price. I received this in a Caudalie sampler I purchased, figuring it would be a nice indulgence to use in place of my usual body lotion. The smell is lovely, a light and clean but warm "skin" scent, it feels fantastic and absorbs quickly. Despite being an oil, it isn't greasy, and is what I would call a dry oil. One night I decided to try a little on my face since I get incredibly dry skin in the winter (but I am also clog prone, so I watched my skin carefully for any kind of reaction) and wow - my skin looked amazing after a couple nights of using this! I wouldn't use it during the day under makeup, but it's a great nighttime moisturizer. YMMV of course, but my skin likes (some) oils, and this worked well for me. Also works on hair, apply a little to your hands and run through your hair, smooths it out, tames flyaways, and of course leaves a lovely scent. It is definitely pricy, but a little goes a long way, and I'd definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 5:43:00 AM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought a sample from Sephora China of 15ml. I use it on my hair and I hair feels smooth and shiny, similar feeling to my Kerastase Elixir.
The price is very high in China, but once my sample is over I am going to buy a new one.
Usually, I use either Caudalie line and have almost all of their problems (some of them I hate like the sticky Make-up Remover Cleansing Water), and some I really like.
The smell is a bit strong but I'm ok with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 8:06:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't imagine using this on my face - too scented and a bit too heavy - but for hair and body, BLISS! I was surprised not to see a review for this in the "Body Care" category and will probably do a review there, as that is why I purchased Huile Divine.

Actually, the initial reason I bought this is that for Christmas, I bought a bunch of Caudalie Huile Divine products for a dear friend - a gift set that included a full sized bottle of the oil as well as substantial trial sizes of the scrub and tinted leg cream. I also got her a full size of the Huile Divine body scrub. When she opened these and we smelled them, I decided then and there that I had to get some of this for myself. I'm in the depths of a Canadian winter (-17C yesterday) and my skin needs all the pampering it can get. I apply this oil after a shower, on damp skin, and it seems to help lock in the moisture and it is very soothing and rich but absorbs nicely. And the scent is, well, "divine". I've yet to try this on my hair, though I will. I'm a real fan of oils for face, hair and body. I've tried in past to use the Neutrogena body oil but the scent of that is so sickly sweet/stinky and off-putting and in Canada, I've not been able to find the unscented version. The Caudalie Huile Divine is considerably pricier but it's such a lovely indulgence and a little seems to go a reasonably long way. I know this is going to remain a "must have" product for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 9:58:00 AM More reviews by sophiedecay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use it on the ends of my hair and also face ( tiny bit on the eyes ). Feels very light weight, non greasy and very moisturising. On days when my skin feels bit dull, it does give a nice glow even underneath makeup.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 2:08:00 AM More reviews by annachristina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the 9USD bottle of this from Sephora because I always wanted to try it. I spritz twice into my hand and massage into my still moist face at night in lieu of night cream. The excess is rubbed into the backs of my hands.

I have oily skin, but radiator heat and mid-Atlantic winters dehydrate me beyond belief. This works better than Pond's, in my opinion. I wake up with dewy skin that is smooth and not greasy. I've been using the oil for a few weeks now and haven't experienced any breakouts.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I purchased a small size of this oil and I am glad that I did. Although it did a good job of moisturizing (like most oils do), I could not get over the scent of this product. It does not smell natural to me. In fact, it smells like an old oil and I could not stand applying this oil to my face. I use it on dry spots on my body. I also cannot read and understand the majority of the ingredients list- which is a big clue that there are more chemicals than natural ingredients in this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 4:58:00 AM More reviews by Andee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

In my quest to keep my skin feeling as great in winter as it feels in summer, I have been experimenting with skin oils. I intended to use this only for body. The other oils I have tried are the Nuxe, one from Clarins and one intended for babies from Burt's Bees. I hate the strong honey odor the Nuxe gives off and the Clarins smells extremely medicinal. The Burt's Bees smells like lemon. I have no idea why anyone would want one's baby to smell like a lemon or even would want their baby to give off any strong fragrance. Although I prefer my body moisturzer unscented to avoid conflict with my fragrance, this does have a pleasant scent, very similar to the perfume from Serge Luten called Douce Amere, imo.

But, this oil is quite expensive for the amount I have to use to cover my whole body, it takes longer to apply than a moisture lotion and it is not as moisturizing as my current favorite from Alba Botanica. I'll use it up, but I am not likely to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by aquarianrabbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm partial to oils for my face, body and hair, so of course, I bought this. It gives off a very luxurious, summer in the south of France vibe. Sadly, I'm not thrilled. I was really excited at first because it is packaged beautifully in a bronzed glass bottle with a spray top and wooden cap and has a bunch of grapes indented into the back, but no. As a dry oil, it works decently although I wish it were more moisturizing. At the end of the day, what ruined it for me was the smell. It smells nice at first, but after awhile, the scent seems to be very synthetic and nutty. It's also pretty expensive for the full sized bottle and I prefer the NUXE Huile Prodigieuse or any Clarins Body Treatment Oil. If you're thinking of getting this, make sure to test it out first and sniff periodically.