September 2, 2014 | 952 users online

Moisturizers - Caudalie - Huile Divine

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by sandsvespa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Have been using this product for over a month now on my hair. Haven't tried it on my face yet, a little scared to do that as I have extremely sensitive, dry and blemished-proned skin making anything with a perfume in it or an "oil" sound like the absolute worse idea ever. But I have to say, on my hair, it's been nothing short of magic and I don't go anywhere without it in my purse. It tames fly-aways and frizz, leaves my damaged and dyed ends shining and doesn't weigh any of it down.
The smell is gorgeous! maybe not for the younger crowd but it lasts all day, it's sophisticated, sweet, warm and almost a little soapy which I LOVE because it makes your hair smell naturally perfumed and I haven't hugged a single person without a compliment on the smell since I've started using it..

Only concern: I have noticed a few pimples on the back of my neck. Could just as well be because I'm experimenting with shampoos lately so not sure it's this product's fault but I'm watching to see any drastic changes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by remychic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this oil. It is a bit pricey but a little goes a long way and the smell in amazing. I use it at night to keep my legs and arms soft and during the day if I need a quick boost of moisture on dry parts of my legs. The smell is subtle and doesn't seem to interfere with whatever perfume I am wearing. I still consider Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse to be my favorite but this is a close second. I also love that, in addition to the regular size bottle, it also comes in a really small bottle that is great for travel or to throw in your purse.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by alexandrag

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So far, I love this. I put it on my face last night before bed, and this morning it's already smoother and more even and feels way way better (and not greasy!). Yes, it's an oil, so right after putting it on it's greasy and oily but now it's all soaked in, and nice. I wouldn't use it as a day moisturizer though. The smell can be overpowering if you're sensitive (luckily I am not) and a lot of people don't like the smell (I do - somehow!) but it's personal preference there. I'll update after using it for a week or two but so far so good!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by bebeimages

I found this little gem at a extra long checkout line in sephora. I love oil on my hair, and will sleep with a "mask" of oil on my hair once or twice a month, so I am always on the lookout for a nice hair oils. And hey, at only $9, what could go wrong? Well I am currently on the tail end of this bottle and will most definitely be replacing it. The scent is heavenly compared to other oils, it's lightweight and non greasy. It's luxe and velvety and has permanently found it's way into my beauty routine!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by mariasara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this to use on the face. It has a lovely smell (ylang-ylang, very calming), but for me it is too strong to be used on the face. As this was my purpose, I will have to mix the oil with some other product. I think I will not buy this Again, I will buy unscented oils instead.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 7:29:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not a fan of this dry oil. I think it is too expensive for the amount of product and the ingredients involved. Divine oil is essentially a blend of grapeseed oil and sesame oil with a hint of shea butter and argan oil thrown in plus some unknown chemicals. It absorbs easily into the skin but did not perform better than any drugstore lotion. Pure grapseed oil, joboba oil or safflower oil works wonders on the skin and all are much cheaper than this product. Lastly, the horrid stench of this oil must be mentioned. It smells old and rancid, like a 99 cent musk oil one could find late at night in a gas station located deep in the holler.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by redmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What don't I love about this???

The smell is heavenly - it's warm and faintly rose, but not lingering or overpowering. It reminds me of being at the spa. The texture is smooth like butter, and it feels like silk as the skin drinks it in.

Oh, right... the price. That's what I don't love. Yes, it comes in a super cute bottle with a fairly decent spray mechanism, but the price still makes me cringe.

Here's some good news, though - I found Garnier Fructis Miracle Dry Oil at my drugstore recently. The packaging is not as svelte as Caudalie, and the formula isn't quite so posh. BUT...and this is a big BUT...it's less than $7 a bottle. The scent is similar, and it works well enough for me to save the Caudalie for really special occasions, and use the Garnier on a daily basis.

If only Caudalie were a little cheaper, it would be perfect.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

I couldn't imagine using this on your face as the sunscreen filters in it (abovenzone and octinoxate) are unstable and cause skin damage when combine , especially in sunlight
I wouldn't want to use this on my body either for the same reason
The only place I'd use this is hair . Which is super overpowering in terms of fragrance and greasy
Straight avocado oil is cheaper and more nourishing

Skip, this is a waste of money

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by ultraVIOLETnikki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing stuff - well worth the price. I received this in a Caudalie sampler I purchased, figuring it would be a nice indulgence to use in place of my usual body lotion. The smell is lovely, a light and clean but warm "skin" scent, it feels fantastic and absorbs quickly. Despite being an oil, it isn't greasy, and is what I would call a dry oil. One night I decided to try a little on my face since I get incredibly dry skin in the winter (but I am also clog prone, so I watched my skin carefully for any kind of reaction) and wow - my skin looked amazing after a couple nights of using this! I wouldn't use it during the day under makeup, but it's a great nighttime moisturizer. YMMV of course, but my skin likes (some) oils, and this worked well for me. Also works on hair, apply a little to your hands and run through your hair, smooths it out, tames flyaways, and of course leaves a lovely scent. It is definitely pricy, but a little goes a long way, and I'd definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 5:43:00 AM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought a sample from Sephora China of 15ml. I use it on my hair and I hair feels smooth and shiny, similar feeling to my Kerastase Elixir.
The price is very high in China, but once my sample is over I am going to buy a new one.
Usually, I use either Caudalie line and have almost all of their problems (some of them I hate like the sticky Make-up Remover Cleansing Water), and some I really like.
The smell is a bit strong but I'm ok with it.