February 27, 2015 | 1081 users online

Moisturizers - Caudalie - Huile Divine

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2015 7:06:00 PM More reviews by nlutes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this to use on my face because I liked the assortment of oils in it. However, I had to return it because it was just too irritating.

Three lippies because:
1. I really liked the consistency and texture
2. I liked the smell
3. It was noticeably moisturizing - it made my skin look fantastic. Until, that is, it started to itchy and dry out after a few days of use...
4. I liked the packaging - the pump bottle means you don't have to pour it in your hand and inevitably pour out too much.
5. It contains ingredients which are irritating.

This is probably great for body/ hair but for my face it was, unfortunately, not right.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2015 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Swimblock

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I disagree with Kicking's review below. IMHO the scent of this oil is wonderful. It is very fresh but also warm. I first sampled the perfume at Sephora and could not stop sniffing my arm, it was so gorgeous! It is very different from anything I currently own which leans more towards classics like Chanel #22 & #5 Eau Premiere, Carvin Le Perfume, Guerlain Shalimar Ode a la Vanille, Dolce & Gabbana Pour Femme, Prada Infusion de Iris, Hanae Mori Butterfly. I first ordered the kit which included the oil & perfume. Loved the oil (and the perfume) and have since purchased a second oil, the larger size this time. I then ordered the candle from Caudalie which is also fabulous. I am in love with the scent of Divine. My skin has been very dry and this dry oil has really helped moisturize my skin. It is a dry oil so it absorbs and does not feel greasy at all. If you are unsure of the scent or if the oil is right for you, do sample it at Sephora if you can. Caudalie offers a lot of specials with purchase plus 3 samples with every order. Here's the scent description from Caudalie's website: "Float away on a cloud of alluring scents with notes combining Bulgarian rose absolute, Moroccan rose essence, Virginia cedar, vanilla, and spicy pink pepper." They also describe it as a subtle floral, sun-kissed fragrance with woody notes. IMHO the Divine Oil, Perfume & candle are all DIVINE!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2015 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Kicking

I received a sample of this oil. I was excited to try it as I love the smell of the Nuxe dry oil and the reviews for the Caudalie Huile Divine are all excellent. Maybe something is wrong with the sample I received but it smells horrible. If the Divine perfume has the same smell I will be staying well clear it's vile :( The only thing it has going for it is it is moisturizing and sinks in well but I could not use it due to the smell!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by foxy14

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff says grapreseed oil so since i spend alot on skincare and make up i thought i would save some money and buy pure grapeseed oil ..........no chemists do things to products we buy caudalie oil makes my hair beautiful grape seed oil makes my dry hair and skin oily and dry at the same time....buy the caudalie oil

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by PorscheGirl1

I tried it at sephora and loved how it made my skin feel. I was skeptical and walked away without it, but I regret it so I am ordering today and updating this review soon

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2014 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Cat1104

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great oil. I use it on my hair, body, and occasionally face. My skin is reactive and breakout prone. Surprisingly, it has never caused breakouts. It makes my skin feel soft and smooth. The scent is light and warm... woody with a hint of floral. I'm not sure when it was reformulated, but it no longer contains sunscreen filters. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by glitteratti1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this to use on my very dry cuticles, but will probably also use it for my face as it gets colder and drier. I haven't used it long, but so far, I'm pleased with how quickly it absorbs and seems to be keeping my hands and cuticles in better condition. I wash my hands a lot, so I do reapply frequently. It only takes a very small amount, so I should think this little bottle will also last awhile. I'm not offended by the scent, either. I'll update this review as I use it longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by sandsvespa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Have been using this product for over a month now on my hair. Haven't tried it on my face yet, a little scared to do that as I have extremely sensitive, dry and blemished-proned skin making anything with a perfume in it or an "oil" sound like the absolute worse idea ever. But I have to say, on my hair, it's been nothing short of magic and I don't go anywhere without it in my purse. It tames fly-aways and frizz, leaves my damaged and dyed ends shining and doesn't weigh any of it down.
The smell is gorgeous! maybe not for the younger crowd but it lasts all day, it's sophisticated, sweet, warm and almost a little soapy which I LOVE because it makes your hair smell naturally perfumed and I haven't hugged a single person without a compliment on the smell since I've started using it..

Only concern: I have noticed a few pimples on the back of my neck. Could just as well be because I'm experimenting with shampoos lately so not sure it's this product's fault but I'm watching to see any drastic changes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by remychic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this oil. It is a bit pricey but a little goes a long way and the smell in amazing. I use it at night to keep my legs and arms soft and during the day if I need a quick boost of moisture on dry parts of my legs. The smell is subtle and doesn't seem to interfere with whatever perfume I am wearing. I still consider Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse to be my favorite but this is a close second. I also love that, in addition to the regular size bottle, it also comes in a really small bottle that is great for travel or to throw in your purse.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by alexandrag

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So far, I love this. I put it on my face last night before bed, and this morning it's already smoother and more even and feels way way better (and not greasy!). Yes, it's an oil, so right after putting it on it's greasy and oily but now it's all soaked in, and nice. I wouldn't use it as a day moisturizer though. The smell can be overpowering if you're sensitive (luckily I am not) and a lot of people don't like the smell (I do - somehow!) but it's personal preference there. I'll update after using it for a week or two but so far so good!