Caudalie Huile Divine

4.1

Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil*, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil*, Isoamyl Cocoate*, Coco-Caprylate*, Fragrance, Ethylhexyl Palmitate*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Extract*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Hibiscus Sabdariffa Seed Oil*, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil*, Tocopherol*, Palmitoyl Grape Seed Extract*, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract*, Citric Acid*, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol.

Pro:

SMELLS IS WONDERFUL compared to other oils, though it smells like perfume
Good packaging
Versatile usage

Con:

Smell is too strong... though but its not a bad smell

I know of some reviews that raved about the scent of this body oil, and of some reviews that bashed the scent. I was somewhere in between. While I was not repulsed by the scent, I was not blown away by it either. At first, I was struck by its heady, luxurious, scent. However, afterwards I found it to be overpowering and rather unpleasant. Its initial, top note, scents are nice; however, its bottom notes are not nice. I would apply to damp skin after showering, and towel off. I found that afterwards my towel had the lingering scents of the unpleasant bottom notes of the oil. I had tried it on my hair too, but I found that it did not absorb well in my hair and would leave it oily. Another thing I found was that texture of the oil was kind of grainy, rough, and irritating to the skin. Therefore, I was not interested in trying it on my face. Beauty product review site, paulaschoice.com might conclude that it is because of the (aging) fragrances in the oil. Whatever the reason for its irritating texture, I did not enjoy applying it to my (body) skin (although, applying it to my skin right after showering helped to alleviate the irritation). I had the small, deluxe, size bottle and I really was keen on finishing it rather than throwing it away. I most definitely will not be repurchasing. I am also slowly becoming dismayed by the Caudalie brand. This is another product by this brand that has disappointed me.

Very nice indeed. To me this oil is better than the L'occitane Almond Body Oil because it absorbers quicker and costs a bit less, it is also available in 50ml or 100ml volume or even smaller if you buy a travel set.

I fell in love with this oil while vacationing in Paris and looking for something different. A savvy saleswoman directed me to the gift set which included the EDP. Unfortunately, neither this or the EDP last more than 1 hour no matter what I do, even layering them. I've seen similar reviews elsewhere and hope that with enough "'complaints", the company can tinker with the formula to make this fragrance last. Very disappointing so despite loving it, I will not purchase it again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Fun story: This was included in a Sephora brand 7-8-piece summer deluxe sample kit that I got online while vacationing in Australia last winter (it was summer there) but was shipped to my residence. So, I didn't get to realize the full potential of the product goodies until this summer. I got 1 oz of this product in the kit, which isn't too shabby.

The heavy, cylindrical glass (bottle? packaging? some word to give it justice) container feels luxurious to hold and looks great on a vanity. It has a soft almost musky and flowery scent to it that's not overbearing, and personally reminds me of vintage-era cinema. Definitely gives me a glow and softens my skin when I warm it up in my hands and smooth it all over my face and neck.

As pretty and glamorous as the product is, it's a little messy. There isn't a pump or a suction - it has a screw top and it pours freely from the glass bottle. Think of a beer bottle or a wine bottle. (What I like to do to is pour into my palm as much as I need, then roll the rim on my palm so my palm wipes off any extra that might drip.)

Great product, but there are definite others that do the same. I've reviewed the Palmer's Face Oil and the effect is the same - brand image is different, but the Palmer's one is lso $30 cheaper I believe. So if you want the special feel of a fancy product, go ahead and buy this. Live your life.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I received this in a sample size in a kit from Sephora awhile back and I have recently rediscovered it. The scent is warm and amazing, but I can't describe it. It smells and feels luxurious. I like to use this on my legs after I shower since they tend to get dry/ashy the most for whatever reason. I just use a few drops and apply, massaging it into my skin. My skin is very moisturized and lasts even throughout the following day, not to mention the sexy warm scent, too ;) the sample size was just a glass bottle with a screw off top which I didn't care for so I ended up putting this in an amber glass bottle with a pipette for easier application and you don't end up wasting product. I would probably only get this in a sample size since I feel like the regular size is pretty expensive. It lasts a long time, tho!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Smells great and moisturizes well. It really feels luxurious and the bottle is so pretty as well the color. It's not the most moisturizing body oil as jojoba oil can do the same, but it's nice

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I wish there would be a maybe tab, because I do like the use of this oil but don't love it. If I was out of my argan oil, this would be a suitable replacement.

This is a great multi-purpose oil. I use it on my face, dry hair, and body (elbows and knees only). Texture is spot on for easy application. The oil is made of of several oils: grapeseed, sesame, sunflower and argan oils to name the top ones. I find I do need about 4 drops of this oil to use on my face rather than my 2 drops of argan oil. So in my hands, I will use this up a lot faster than a like to. But it will last a very long time as only a few drops are required. Absorbs quickly, will not leave greasy mess on your pillowcase.

My only issue is the scent. I don't like the scent on my face, but elsewhere I'm fine with scent. It's very pleasant and light. Scent lasts all day.

Price point is not too bad. Cheaper than my usual argan oil.

The scent is lovely. Keeps my skin soft & smelling heavenly hours after a shower. Def. Worth the money.

Sorry cannot give this oil more than one lippie.
The oil itself might be ďdivineĒ (or at least thatís what itís called), but when I tried to use it, the spraying mechanism did not work!!!
I took a can opener and broke the top off, as I wanted to get to the content of the bottle. It smells nice, action wise itís just oil, and every time I use it, it creates a lot of mess, as I have to pour it out of the bottle, that is not designed for pouring!
If you ask, why I have not returned it Ė the answer is simple. I live in UK where itís not easy to find Caudalie products; so I bought this bottle when on holidays in France, in Bordeaux, where they have that nice big Caudalie spa hotel in the middle of the grape fields. Not driving all the way there again just to return that far-from-divine bottle!
I was upset with the whole experience, as in general I think Caudalie products are not that bad. They are not the best around, but not bad.

Video Reviews & Tutorials