Caudalie Huile Divine

4.2

Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil*, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil*, Isoamyl Cocoate*, Coco-Caprylate*, Fragrance, Ethylhexyl Palmitate*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Extract*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Hibiscus Sabdariffa Seed Oil*, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil*, Tocopherol*, Palmitoyl Grape Seed Extract*, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract*, Citric Acid*, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol.

on 5/31/2015 11:18:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I received this in a sample size in a kit from Sephora awhile back and I have recently rediscovered it. The scent is warm and amazing, but I can't describe it. It smells and feels luxurious. I like to use this on my legs after I shower since they tend to get dry/ashy the most for whatever reason. I just use a few drops and apply, massaging it into my skin. My skin is very moisturized and lasts even throughout the following day, not to mention the sexy warm scent, too ;) the sample size was just a glass bottle with a screw off top which I didn't care for so I ended up putting this in an amber glass bottle with a pipette for easier application and you don't end up wasting product. I would probably only get this in a sample size since I feel like the regular size is pretty expensive. It lasts a long time, tho!

on 4/3/2015 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Smells great and moisturizes well. It really feels luxurious and the bottle is so pretty as well the color. It's not the most moisturizing body oil as jojoba oil can do the same, but it's nice

on 3/29/2015 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I wish there would be a maybe tab, because I do like the use of this oil but don't love it. If I was out of my argan oil, this would be a suitable replacement.

This is a great multi-purpose oil. I use it on my face, dry hair, and body (elbows and knees only). Texture is spot on for easy application. The oil is made of of several oils: grapeseed, sesame, sunflower and argan oils to name the top ones. I find I do need about 4 drops of this oil to use on my face rather than my 2 drops of argan oil. So in my hands, I will use this up a lot faster than a like to. But it will last a very long time as only a few drops are required. Absorbs quickly, will not leave greasy mess on your pillowcase.

My only issue is the scent. I don't like the scent on my face, but elsewhere I'm fine with scent. It's very pleasant and light. Scent lasts all day.

Price point is not too bad. Cheaper than my usual argan oil.

The scent is lovely. Keeps my skin soft & smelling heavenly hours after a shower. Def. Worth the money.

on 3/12/2015 12:20:00 PM

Sorry cannot give this oil more than one lippie.
The oil itself might be “divine” (or at least that’s what it’s called), but when I tried to use it, the spraying mechanism did not work!!!
I took a can opener and broke the top off, as I wanted to get to the content of the bottle. It smells nice, action wise it’s just oil, and every time I use it, it creates a lot of mess, as I have to pour it out of the bottle, that is not designed for pouring!
If you ask, why I have not returned it – the answer is simple. I live in UK where it’s not easy to find Caudalie products; so I bought this bottle when on holidays in France, in Bordeaux, where they have that nice big Caudalie spa hotel in the middle of the grape fields. Not driving all the way there again just to return that far-from-divine bottle!
I was upset with the whole experience, as in general I think Caudalie products are not that bad. They are not the best around, but not bad.

on 2/19/2015 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this to use on my face because I liked the assortment of oils in it. However, I had to return it because it was just too irritating.

Three lippies because:
1. I really liked the consistency and texture
2. I liked the smell
3. It was noticeably moisturizing - it made my skin look fantastic. Until, that is, it started to itchy and dry out after a few days of use...
4. I liked the packaging - the pump bottle means you don't have to pour it in your hand and inevitably pour out too much.
5. It contains ingredients which are irritating.

This is probably great for body/ hair but for my face it was, unfortunately, not right.

on 2/3/2015 10:59:00 PM

I disagree with Kicking's review below. IMHO the scent of this oil is wonderful. It is very fresh but also warm. I first sampled the perfume at Sephora and could not stop sniffing my arm, it was so gorgeous! It is very different from anything I currently own which leans more towards classics like Chanel #22 & #5 Eau Premiere, Carvin Le Perfume, Guerlain Shalimar Ode a la Vanille, Dolce & Gabbana Pour Femme, Prada Infusion de Iris, Hanae Mori Butterfly. I first ordered the kit which included the oil & perfume. Loved the oil (and the perfume) and have since purchased a second oil, the larger size this time. I then ordered the candle from Caudalie which is also fabulous. I am in love with the scent of Divine. My skin has been very dry and this dry oil has really helped moisturize my skin. It is a dry oil so it absorbs and does not feel greasy at all. If you are unsure of the scent or if the oil is right for you, do sample it at Sephora if you can. Caudalie offers a lot of specials with purchase plus 3 samples with every order. Here's the scent description from Caudalie's website: "Float away on a cloud of alluring scents with notes combining Bulgarian rose absolute, Moroccan rose essence, Virginia cedar, vanilla, and spicy pink pepper." They also describe it as a subtle floral, sun-kissed fragrance with woody notes. IMHO the Divine Oil, Perfume & candle are all DIVINE!

on 1/29/2015 8:50:00 AM

I received a sample of this oil. I was excited to try it as I love the smell of the Nuxe dry oil and the reviews for the Caudalie Huile Divine are all excellent. Maybe something is wrong with the sample I received but it smells horrible. If the Divine perfume has the same smell I will be staying well clear it's vile :( The only thing it has going for it is it is moisturizing and sinks in well but I could not use it due to the smell!!!!!

on 11/11/2014 5:19:00 PM

This stuff says grapreseed oil so since i spend alot on skincare and make up i thought i would save some money and buy pure grapeseed oil ..........no chemists do things to products we buy caudalie oil makes my hair beautiful grape seed oil makes my dry hair and skin oily and dry at the same time....buy the caudalie oil

on 11/7/2014 4:53:00 PM

I tried it at sephora and loved how it made my skin feel. I was skeptical and walked away without it, but I regret it so I am ordering today and updating this review soon