December 22, 2014 | 1797 users online

Lip Gloss - FLOWER Beauty - Pretty in Petunia

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2013 6:13:00 AM More reviews by arianell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I found this gloss to be pretty average. The color is a pretty and versatile one, with no shimmer. It's fairly pigmented, and it has a nice doe-foot applicator wand. Staying power is decent. That said, the texture is rather sticky, and it has a chemical floral smell that puts me off. I like floral scents, and I understand that the whole theme of the FLOWER Beauty range is "florals", but this particular scent is an artificial, unpleasant one and having it on/near my mouth is... unappetizing.

If the scent doesn't sound like it would bother you, and if you prefer thicker/stickier lip glosses, this might be a good one to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Ladyleopard805

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm very surprised to see such sparse reviews for this AMAZING product.

I currently own this shade Pretty-In-Petunia, and Iris I could fly. For reference I am an NC35 or Lancome 320 Bisque (w), both shades are very flattering on my skin tone.

I love the fact that this gloss smells like roses, the name FLOWER Beauty very much fits.

This gloss is very opaque (I always do 2 coats of gloss with any lip gloss), and has pretty good lasting power. Keep in mind it's a lipgloss and not a lipstick. The formula is lovely it's a creme gloss, very opaque and not at all sticky (which is a huge turn off for me).

Even after the gloss has worn off, you are still left with stained lips which I love:)

If you have been eyeing this little gem, go ahead and treat yourself. It's worth it, even though the price point is a little higher than some other you will not be disappointed. I plan on owning every single one of the glosses this line comes out with.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Shelbsca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really love this lip gloss, it is such a pretty color and would look great on a wide variety of skintones. I think for all of the shades in this line, the color of the tube looks way more of an intense color than how it actually looks applied on your lips. So don't be fooled, this is a very natural, pretty pinky coral shade!

Packaging- I actually really do not like the packaging for one reason- the applicator. It is very stiff/inflexible and doesn't pick up much product, so you have to dip the applicator back in several times to get a reasonable layer on your lips. Because the applicator is so stiff, it sort of pulls the products along your lips instead of other gloss applicators, which evenly and softly deposits and swipes the gloss across your lips. It's not really a huge deal to me, so that's mainly why I took off a star. But for people who would get really annoyed with that sort of thing would definitely have problems with this, because it affects the application process.

Application/Texture- see paragraph above. The texture is like that of a normal lipgloss. Although, it did feel slightly sticky on my lips. Not really anything to keep me from repurchasing though, it was barely noticeable.

Staying Power- standard for a lip gloss- good, around 2-3 hours, but nothing amazing, about what you'd expect from a lip gloss. But what I like about this lip gloss is that once the gloss part fades after a few hours, it leaves your lips with a pretty natural stain!

I would absolutely repurchase. Such a pretty, staple color to add to my collection!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I have been wearing this around all week. It's lovely. Now as opqaue as the color in the tube suggests, but it's a gloss.

I love how these feel like MAC Cremesheen lip glasses. Adheres to the lip without being sticky. I also love how they don't have as much slip as the Revlon Colorburst lip glosses, nor do they have the irritating grit of glitter. These are milky washes of beautiful color, lasts about an hour on me (I chew my lips ferociously, bad habit).

It's not moisturizing, but doesn't leave me feeling like I've been in a life raft on the ocean either.

And frankly, I love the smell! it fades after about 5 minutes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by samii

I really like this lip gloss, it has no shimmer and a beautiful color. It's also not too sheer or sticky. Sometimes sheer glosses end up not very pigmented but this one gives me a lot of color. I have naturally very pale lips so it gives a nice wash of color and shine. The packaging looks very good for the price. I like that it is made in the U.S. and the product itself is not tested on animals. I think it is nicer than many other lip glosses in the same price range and I will most likely try out other colors in the line!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been on a sheer lipstick kick lately but when I saw the color of this gloss I couldn't resist. Its a difficult color for me to describe. Its a sort of a bright medium warm watermelon pink color. It reminds me of my Dior gloss in color pearl pink veil but without the shimmer and a little deeper and warmer colored. Personally, I prefer this shade though the two are fairly close other than the shimmer factor. There is a tiny bit of shimmer in the tube of this one but it doesn't show up on the lips. The color is a really pretty natural looking pink that makes my lips "pop". It looks nice with my fake tan but I think it will look pretty on my pale days too. The texture is thin. I like that its not thick and goopy. It does dry a little sticky (which I don't like) and the fragrance is really strange. Its a flowery scent (fake rose?) which I find unpleasant on my lips and I can sometimes taste (yuck). The color payoff is quite good.