November 28, 2014 | 836 users online

Fragrances - Nude by Rihanna eau de parfum

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by zanderae

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The first time I tried this fragrance I was ALL ABOUT IT. So, consequently, and characteristically for me, I went out and bought a whole bunch of it. Well, that was a bad idea - it's like the initial rush of a new love. Sooner or later the thrill gets gone. Now I have a bunch of stuff that I'm hesitant to use, and here's why.

Rihanna has other fragrances that I really like, and I was SO excited about this when it was released. I thought it would be a skin scent, as the name implies. It may be, the day after you initially apply it. But it's way too strong and way too fruity straight outta the gate - if you're into fruit, well, this has got it, but to my thinking "fruit" is not "skin scent." And it sho as hell ain't "Nude." I don't spray with abandon, either; for me it's one shot on the breastbone and that's it. Unfortunately, the one shot is too much. While I will give this fragrance credit for EXTREME staying power, it never developed on me past the initial blast. No drydown, no development, no unfolding, nada.

In my initial love-rush I bought a tester, and a couple of marked-down gift sets after Xmas last year and, now that I think about it and now that I've read other reviews, I plan to use the lotion/shower gels as a base for layering with other scents - thanks, SorceressOfTheDark! Great idea - but the juice itself is going up for auction or as a giveaway or whatev.

(Not to pile on, but the bottle design, as with other fragrances in this line, is just awful. Those fragrances get a pass cuz I like 'em, but this one doesn't. DISCLAIMER: I do love Rihanna's other fragrances and due to that fact will be sure to try more of hers in the future, but this one was a SERIOUS letdown.)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 9:33:00 AM More reviews by sillage

For a "nude", this is good but just a little too sweet for me. It's like 2/3 J Lo Glow (which I love!) and 1/3 La Vie Est Belle (which I think is wayyy too sweet!).

I had high hopes, and I like it, for the most part -- but I really wish it had been more musky & just-plain-nude, without the added sweetness.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 7:42:00 AM More reviews by kristamb

I love this stuff! I sampled nearly every perfume in the line up at Kohl's one day looking for a good, new scent. This one was the only one that stood out; as soon as I sprayed it I loved it! It is definitely a skin scent, but it lasts all day on me. I wore it throughout the winter, and now that it's spring I probably won't use it again until fall. But I definitely LOVE it! I bought a large tester bottle off Ebay for $20 free shipping. What a deal! I highly recommend if you like musky skin scents...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 12:33:00 AM More reviews by nicolegryne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff stinks. If you like smelling like Snuggle fabric softener go ahead and use this. That's what it smells like on me. Definitely raking this one back.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nude is quite the proper name for the third fragrance by Rihanna. When one thinks of the word nude, the term au naturel comes to mind. Completely unclothed and bare. And thatís what Nude is all about.
It sits close to the skin, itís innocent, itís a light fragrance and frankly, itís barely there. There is an initial blast of a fruity, sweet, tropical scent that hints of something beautiful ahead. And if youíre familiar with the two previous flankers, Rebelle and Rebíl Fleur, youíre thinking perhaps the longevity will be wonderful. But it isnít. disappointment looms ahead. Nude is just what the name implies and suggest. I applaud the title. It is spot on. Nude is good as a bed-time scent because youíll fall asleep soon enough and not need a perfume with a longevity factor.
Thereís a muskiness to it that keeps it interesting for the older range group along with the younger target audience. The woodiness keeps Nude a simple perfume thatís not seductive or mind-boggling or even memorable. Itís really more of a comfort scent to wear with an over-sized sweater and jeans. But bear in mind, this is one youíll have to re-apply often unless you enjoy a scent that lies so close to your skin you have to burrow your nose in your arm to smell it.
Itís pretty, yes. Itís relaxing. It wonít offend a soul. I purchased it as a set with the lotion and body wash included which are very decent products. Since the price I paid were from a clearance shelf, I cannot complain. Iím only out $12.50. Had I paid more for just the perfume, I would have been highly disappointed. I expect more for my money.
If youíre looking for an extremely light, tropical, woody, musky scent that doesnít last long, one that you have to re-apply often, and you donít have to worry about it offending the people around you, hereís your choice. If youíre thinking along the lines of Rihannaís other perfumes, do not compare Nude to them.
As far as the bottle, Iíve said it before with Rebelle and Rebíl Fleur, this is one of the worst designs Iíve ever encountered. the bottom is too large to hold while the neck is too slim to manipulate the sprayer at the same time. Pretty to look at tho.
Nude is definitely a sample before you buy. As an after thought, I layered this with Cotyís Vanilla Musk and the combo of the two made for such a delightful mix that lasted for hours, I was finally happier with Nude. Itís better to use for layering. For those of us who like our perfumes on the heavier side, or those of us who are used to stronger perfumes or for those who just want some oomph in their fragrance, Nude just wonít make the cut. Itís too simple. If youíre a veteran perfumista, this one might just be too much on the simple side.
When celebrities hawk their fragrances at the department store launches, wouldnít it be nice if they knew some information about their perfume? Maybe describing some of the attributes by notes, how long it lasts, the nose they worked with to develop the perfume are all interesting topics that show the consumer the celebrity perhaps had a hand in the development of the fragrance. As far as Rihanna, here she is on an interview at Macyís talking about her perfume during its inaugural launch.
When questioned on what her perfume is about in by two different interviewers, this was Rihannaís response:
ďI love that it changes in the morning when you wake up naked the next morningÖit smellsÖit smells reallyÖgood. It gets better and it keeps getting better.Ē-that was Rihanna talking to Bella Sugar/Pop Sugar TV about Nude Perfume.
ďWhen I was a little girl my Mom actually used to work behind a counter selling perfume in a store like this so I always was very familiar with fragrances from a really young age and I could still recognize thingsÖperfumeÖjust by ÖI could smell it and know itÖeven from young so I always wanted to make my own fragrance and now this is my 3rd one. Itís been super successful so far and Iím excited that people even like it and want to smell like me. The interviewer from Extra TV then asked Rihanna, ďWhatís this one smell like? The name is Nude.Ē Rihanna responded, ďItís all nude. Itís a sassy fragrance. Itís not stripped down in any way but itís the way you want to smell naked. My women and my guys trust me-you want your girls to smell like this.Ē
Loads of info there from the face behind the perfume. Itís ďsassyĒ. Oh-and itís ďnudeĒ. Just in case you didnít realize the correlation between the name on the box and the juice inside. Hype. And more Hype.
Donít buy a perfume because of the face behind it. Thereís a chance you wonít like it. Test it first. If you do like it, itís a win-win.
More importantly? If the person hawking the perfume canít describe the product that has their name on the box, you really need to question their motives for introducing perfumes at the height of their career. And if your purchase is simply because youíre a fan and itís a blind-buy, or youíre buying a celebrityís perfume simply because youíre a fan, well, hey, thatís what disposable income is for. Your disposable income is now part of their gross income.
Top Notes: Guava, Mandarin Orange, Pear.
Middle Notes: Orange Blossom, Jasmine Sambac, Gardenia.
Base Notes: Sandalwood, Vanilla Orchid, Musk.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by MadchenRogue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

purchased for a co-worker. at heb they didnt have a tester....just looked online for reviews and bought it. well when my co-worker was spraying it (she loved it) i asked her to sprits my wrist....wow.....it reminded me of a very expensive french perfume i owned. if you like amber scents.....like a marriage between sensual amber from bbw and twilight wods with a dash of floral, you will love this. and as the time progressed, it smelled even more beautiful. i asked a few guys to smell it and they loved the perfume. i do not listen to rihanna nor care for her music, but out of celebrity scents i have smelled, this girl got it right. i will purchase it and reccomend it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 9:22:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I first sprayed this during a bored moment in Macy's and was taken aback by how good it smelled. SO loved it also because it is warm and feminine without being overpoweringly sweet. I can detect a hint of jasmine (which I dislike) but the way it is blended in this fragrance is not overpowering and actually makes me like the fragrance more than I normally would.

It is a soft floral with vanilla, sweet but not a girlish sweetness. I bought a couple of small purse-size sprays of Nude, and I still like it but not as much as that initial first time. I don't know what it is that made me like it less, possibly the proliferation of generic celebrity scents around that have the same kind of smell. I wouldn't buy it again but it's not that it's a bad fragrance (it isn't, it is lovely) I just think that my tastes have become a little more sophisticated than these lower end generic fragrances.

From the Macy's website: "Guava Nectar, Mandarin and Pear. The center of the fragrance opens into a sultry softness with a blend of Orange Blossom, Gardenia Petals and Velvet Jasmine Sambac. The seductive, milky gourmand base weaves together Sandalwood and Second-skin Musk, with the fresh and feminine hints of Vanilla Orchid."

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a huge Rihanna fan and I must say that I am disappointed in this fragrance. With a name like "nude", I hoped that this would be a warm or vanilla scent. It's actually a sweet- fruit scent. Hasn't Katy Perry, Justin Bieber, Shakira, and Nicki Minaj have taken that same route too? I will not purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by levintage

Scent suitable for Autumn, top notes are vanilla and some fruity scents are the dry down, lasting power is quite decent, 3-4 hours :-)
Purchased at priceline 30 mls roughly $24, wasn't too expensive but wasn't dirt cheap. It's almost more like a refreshing version of Vera Wang Princess, doesn't get too cloy

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Ronivi

I love it! Fresh sexy sweet smell, gives me good mood.