July 29, 2014 | 1884 users online

Highlighters - Rimmel - Wake Me Up Instant Radiance Shimmer Touch - 001 Flush of Pearl

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca122123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this today on sale for $4. I have been looking for a cheap drugstore highlighter and after reading good reviews about it I decided now would be a good time to try it, since it was on sale. I love the shimmery, dewy glow it gives my skin; I used it on my cheekbones, cupid's bow, brow bone, down the bridge of my nose and chin. It blends easily and isn't too glittery. I wish it came in a larger size, but a little of this product goes a long way. This also had a bit of a smell to it, but it was light and pleasant. Glad I got it on sale, new makeup routine staple! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by remyhay

In general, I really liked this product. The first time I swatched it in my local Target I was amazed - the color is beautiful and it does give a really dewy, glowy look. I really like the way it applies on my skin as well. However, when it says shimmer, it really does mean shimmer. There's quite a bit of glitter in this product, which gives it that "radiant" look that they're talking about.. but boy, when you're in the light, you really sparkle. I also wasn't a huge fan of the packaging - the little tube is cute enough, I like the colors, but I find that you need SO LITTLE of this product to get the right amount of glow, and that's just hard to get with a tube.
But if you want a really fresh, radiant look, I totally recommend this product! Absolutely great for otherwise-minimal makeup days, it applies beautifully ... just use a tiny amount and don't use flash!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by anhitchcock

I'm a sucker for anything Rimmel, so I decided to try this and I LOVE it. It's such a gorgeous, subtle shimmer and adds so much radiance to my face. A little goes a long way with it, I just put a tiny bit on the back of my hand and blend it into the top of my cheekbones with my fingers. For the price you really can't beat this highlighter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 2:06:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

I'm pleasantly surprised! This works magnificently well on my yellow undertones, medium to fair skin! The shimmer in it is not quite as fine as Benefit's high beam but is by no means chunky glitter. I haven't had any problems with blending - I put a tiny amount on the back of my hand and use a stippling brush to blend onto the top of my cheekbones. Love this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by chrissadonner

I absolutely cannot RESIST highlighters, so I saw this on display and bought it on a whim. I must say I was expecting a lot more. Maybe it's just my skin tone, because other reviews were positive, but for my medium-olive skin, this just sat and didn't blend in as well as I thought it would. It really didn't complement my skin. So I say if you're looking for a nice subtle glow, and you're a lighter skin tone, give this a try! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by michellybelly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so excited when I saw this product, highlighters are one of my favorite makeup tricks! I have fairly pale skin and this is such a great highlighter for me! Nice and shimmery, not glittery, and lasts! A drugstore highlighter for under $5? Now that's exciting! I wouldn't pay more for a high end highlighter after finding this. Major score! Go check it out if you have paler skin! My guess is it would also work well on Medium skin as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a sucker for highlighters and any product that claims to add illumination to my complexion so when I found this new product at my local Walmart for $6 I had to give at least one a try. There are 4 shades available in the collection, 001 Flush of Pearl, 002 Radiant Rose, 003 Peach Glow,and 004 Shimmering Sand. All 4 come in a squeeze tube with 14mls of product. Sadly no testers were available so I took a chance on the lightest shade of 001 for my fair complexion. The texture is creamy mousse like consistency and initially comes out of the tube as a concealer-like colour, but once blended out the concealer like colour disappears.This product is very pigmented, easily blendable, and departs a lovely iridescent shimmery champagne colour with slight pink undertones onto my complexion. I do notice a slight scent which reminds me of fresh floral, but it quickly dissipates. I use this product either mixed into my foundations or directly applied onto skin as a highlighter for my cheekbones, down the nose bridge, and at the cupid's bow of my lips with great success. Lasts all day without fading, oxidizing, or smudging and does not interfere with my foundation's performance when mixed into it. Overall I really like this new product from Rimmel as it preforms exceptionally well, is highly pigmented, and the 001 Flush of Pearl shade is perfect for my fair (MAC NC15 or Matchmaster shade 1) complexion.