NYX Butter Gloss

4.5

Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, Ceresin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragran May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), D&C Red 6 Na Salt (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Ca Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 28 Al Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake (CI 15985:1), FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake (CI 19140:1).

on 3/29/2015 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I used to love lip-glosses back in the early past decade and then for some reason they stopped looking cute on me and I couldn't find a gloss that worked for me because they were either watery, sticky or the texture was nasty looking on my lips. I decided to try the NYX Butter Glosses since I read so many good things about them. I have to say I am so satisfied with this glosses because the amount of pigmentation, the texture, the way they look on my lips and the way they feel is just perfect.

They are very moisturizing, they won't leave that nasty white thing in the middle of your lips that other lip-glosses do, they are very creamy, not watery or sticky. They apply beautifully and smooth. It doesn't feel uncomfortable on your lips and they smell like cupcake.

If you can't afford to buy the whole collection at once I recommend you to buy Cupcake or Strawberry Parfait if you are into pinks and Ginger Snap if you are into Browns.

on 3/24/2015 9:23:00 PM

I have the Red Velvet and I love it. It's the perfect amount of thickness and it smells great, but it doesn't blend well with other lip products Other then that, it is a fantastic product!

PROS: Lots of gloss. Good amount of opaque color, especially in some varieties. Inexpensive. Accessible at Target and Ulta, at least. Even have matte versions. Stay on okay. Not too sticky, like some are.

CONS: Some of these don't play well with SOME of my lipsticks.

ALTERNATES: Revlon glosses are okay but have a bit of an odd smell and are more expensive.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I went into ULTA today to pick up a few things and ended up walking over to where the NYX products were. I saw the NYX Butter Glosses and had to pick one up to try. I ended up picking the shade BLG13 or "Fortune Cookie." It's a super cute light baby pink, and it's absolutely amazing. It's very moisturizing and has amazing pigmentation. It has a slightly thick texture, but I don't mind at all. It smells amazing and doesn't make your lips feel sticky while you wear it. It doesn't last through drinking though, which is expected with a gloss. I absolutely love this product and I can tell I'm going to be buying it again and again!! (:

on 3/17/2015 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have this in Cherry Pie, which is a light red colour! This is the perfect gloss that deserves all the rave reviews! It's thin, moisturizing, non sticky, and light on the lips. It has a light vanilla scent that doesn't bother me personally. It lasts about 2 and a half hours on me!

on 3/16/2015 8:14:00 PM

I never thought a gloss could be not sticky until I found this. Honestly I hate lip gloss but I LOVE these the colors are so creamy and pigmented and they are not at all sticky they feel like a thick balm but look like a gloss and make lips look so plump, the also smell so nice and I love the packaging you know exactly what color is which just from the package

on 3/12/2015 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I absolutely love the NYX Butter Glosses! My favorite color has to be "Tiramisu". For me, it's the perfect nude shade. It looks exactly like my natural lip color and I keep it in my bag at all times. It's definitely my go to color both for everyday and for special occasions. I love the color range, I love the consistency, and I absolutely love the sweet smell! What I love most though has to be the price. However I feel like that lasting power isn't all that great, but I honestly don't mind, because it smells so good.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I like the fact that this product, different from MOST glosses I've tried, feels pretty moisturizing on the lips instead of sticky. It doesn't dry out my lips at all. It adds a nice shine to the lips as expected, but the color intensity is non existent, which is the only thing I don't like about it. I expected bright magenta lips but only got slight pink.
Overall, it is inexpensive, and feels really nice on the lips!

on 3/5/2015 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

*** I did a specific review for Praline since it had its own tag.

I love these! I have C40-NC42 in MAC Studio Fix.

I got four colors in NYX Butter Gloss: Madeline, Praline, Angel Food Cake, and Raspberry Tart. Madeline was blah (too light for me) but the rest are pretty awesome. It's a slightly browner version of MLBB. Angel Food Cake is a slightly pinker MLBB. Raspberry Tart just looks awesome on me; a very neat soft fuschia. Trust me, it's awesome.

The only sucky thing is the smell. Too saccharine sweet but only when you first put it on. I didn't notice it later.

Price point is great.

on 2/23/2015 11:17:00 AM

Of all glosses expensive and not, this is one of my favorites! It has great pigmentation, and stays on for a fairly long time, although u may need a touch up! I got the meringue, and can't wait to try more shades! For only $5 it's well worth it!

Video Reviews & Tutorials