NYX Butter Gloss

4.5

Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, Ceresin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragran May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), D&C Red 6 Na Salt (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Ca Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 28 Al Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake (CI 15985:1), FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake (CI 19140:1).

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in 'angel food cake' which is a gorgeous transparent pink-nude. I love the consistency and colour but unfortunately it wears off within a half hour therefore I wouldn't repurchase.

on 8/28/2015 2:02:00 AM

Love these butter glosses! I had heard of them, but never got it until it had the 40% off from Ulta! (Ulta is the best.) I love the shade called Peaches & Cream. The gloss isn't sticky, love the pigmentation from it and it's just the best! Highly recommend you buy it, especially when there is a sale to get it at $3 or sometimes less! :)

on 8/26/2015 11:53:00 PM

I have this in creme brulee and UGH I love this! My HG nude lipgloss. It makes my lips look so juicy plump and gorgeous! It feels so silky and smooth and has the right about if stickiness so that it lasts. Smells so good and you can't taste anything. I've had this about 9 months and I'll deff rebuy for forever!!

on 8/26/2015 5:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

These are the best glosses! Not sticky at all. Long lasting, decent colour selection, great price. I have them in the shades Creme Brûlée, Maple Blondie, Vanilla Cream Pie, and Peach Cobbler. They're all gorgeous.

on 8/16/2015 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have this gloss in Peach Cobbler and Cherry Pie. Such pretty colors! And it feels great on my lips. I'm excited to try a few other colors.

on 8/11/2015 7:39:00 PM

5 STARS!!! These glosses are perfect for everyday use!!! I picked up maple blonde and was scared to try such a bright color bc of the packaging, but the product inside is stunning and perfect for everyday! I usually wore pale nudes, but since getting maple blonde I've been trying out more summery pinks! Such a beautiful universal color. Don't be intimidated by the packaging

LOVE. A definite favorite.

Packaging: Very cute bottle with a doe foot applicator. The color on the bottle is identical to the color that goes on the lips. Very nice.

Formula: WONDERFUL! Feels smooth and non-sticky. It moisturizes my lips very well and keeps them moisturized after the gloss has worn off. It has a thicker formula which aids in longevity. I personally love the consistency.

Lasting: 2-4 hours depending on the shade. For the lighter colors, 2-3 hours, and for the darker colors, 3-4 hours.

Scent: Vanilla. Yummm

Colors: I currently have Fortune Cookie, Creme Brulee, Tiramisu, Angel Food Cake, Vanilla Creme Pie, Maple Blondie, Strawberry Parfait, Cupcake, and Red Velvet. They are all beautifully pigmented and creamy. Definitely recommend! Give these a try!

on 7/27/2015 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I had this in the shade Creme Brule, a nice nude pink shade. I'm not generally a fan of NYX products but these glosses are the exception. They feel SO smooth and comfortable on the lips and smell delicious. Can settle into lip lines if you apply too much but it's not a big problem.

Removed one lippie because it rolled off my counter into the litter box, rendering it useless. NYX needs to work on the packaging to prevent such mishaps.

on 7/26/2015 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Feels amazing on lips. I have peaches and cream, cherry pie and tiramisu. Love them all.

on 7/18/2015 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I put off buying these for a while because I thought they were just a regular and standard lip gloss that wasn't worth the hype, in my opinion. BUT I WAS WRONG. These are amazing! When I finally did give in and purchased these, little did I know it was the best decision I ever made. They don't really feel like a standard lip gloss, they're not sticky and messy and globby on the lips which I love. They give shine to your lips just as a gloss does, but you don't have that tacky feeling which prevents you from talking with globs of gloss sticking your lips together.
I have the shades Creme Brle, Vanilla Cream Pie and Tiramasu (my personal favourite). They're all nude shades, except Vanilla Cream Pie is more of a pinky-nude colour on the lips. They smell BEAUTIFUL, they smell like a sweet vanilla cream or something. It's not over powering or perfumey and it's also not TOO sickly sweet as some products can smell like. It smells like a bake shop, too. Like you could almost eat the product out of the tube, it's so good.
The only issue I had was the price. I also had only bought these because they happened to be on sale at my local Rexall drugstore for $7.99 CDN, and the regular price is $9.99...PER TUBE. For a little thing like that, I wasn't going to pay $10...if I paid full price for 3, it would've been $30, and that's not acceptable for drugstore products in my opinion. But NYX is a good brand and they're cruelty free so I like them a lot.
OVERALL: Wear nicely, last a long time, smell divine, good colour selection, packaging is nice (the colour you see on the tube is the colour you get), can be pricey.
I will definitely repurchase in the future, as I do have my eye set on the shade Angel Food Cake.

Popular Lip Glosses