August 1, 2014 | 931 users online

Lip Gloss - LUSH - The Kiss

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a cute little lipgloss, for what it is. Mine is way darker than the one pictured above. I imagine batches vary, but mine is a hot pink that translates to a soft sheer baby pink with slight shimmer on my medium pigmented lips. It's actually very pretty, and makes my lips look soft, plump, and moisturized. I like the scent, also. It isn't sticky, moisturizes, and adds a little shine without feeling heavy, thick, or waxy. I'm happy with it, and will use it up. It doesn't last long, which isn't a problem for me, but it might be if you expect your gloss to last 3-4 hours. I look at it as more of a treatment - the bit of color is just a plus. Also, LUSH's little lip tins can be a major pain. The lids are notoriously hard to get off and on, the product will eventually dry out, and it's not all that sanitary. It would be so much nicer If they used stick form. Also, the price, at just less than $10, is a little steep for what you get. But, I'm not sorry I bought it. I like the natural ingredients, and I'm enjoying it for the moment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by ZebraPrints

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff! It's super soft whipped. Just the perfect baby pink shine for my lips and has a soft anise scent which I absolutely crave! =) The packaging is super cute, also!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I bought this on a whim. I was stood at the counter in LUSH, saw this sitting there, realised I still had about 5.00GBP left on a LUSH gift card I had, so picked it up and paid for it. Lesson learnt? Consider your purchases. Just 'cause you have money left on a gift card, doesn't mean you have to spend it!

For the price (it's 5.00GBP) I was expecting a lot more. Yes, it contains all natural ingredients. Yes, it's nice and soft to apply. And yes, it has a hint of colour, but here are my bugbears. After applying this my lips felt really greasy and slippery, I didn't like the scent of it at all and the colour was a really washed-out pink which just made my lips look a really odd shade. Finally I cannot understand why they've put this product in such a fiddly little tin! The one I had took AGES to open. Then once I'd applied the balm to my lips, the lid was a nightmare to get back on. As a result, this has since gone the way of other products which have annoyed me (i.e. sitting in the back of a cupboard awaiting the day the expiration date comes round and I have a valid reason for throwing it in the trash!)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

It smells good and goes on easy. It's very soft and leaves a sheen/gloss on your lips. I have to reapply ever hour or so, so it doesn't last to long. But after its gone your lips are still soft from it

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by trafficdior

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I mean, it's a great balm overall but I didn't like the color/sheen. The balm itself is ultra softening, creamy in texture and really changed my mind about lip balm in general. I'm sure that it has such a luscious effect because it's packed with organic ingredients. It even tastes sweet as well, which is icing on the cake.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

A brand new limited edition Valentine's 2013 lip gloss, this Lush lip gloss won't be around for long! This gloss contains shea butter, cupuacu butter and almond oil for soft conditioned lips with a delicate pink glittery shine. It's 100% vegan and preservative free so if you're looking for a more natural formula of lip gloss you'll definitely want to try.
I only entered Lush to buy more powder deoderant but was instead talked into trying out 'The Kiss', typical of most visits to Lush - you come in for a single product but end up with everything you never knew you needed. Initially skeptical since I find most lip glosses overly sticky and annoying, not to mention Lush's lip balms - while great - are waxy and hard to use on the go, I tried a little.
The formula is much more creamy soft and aerated than Lush's waxy lip balms. Surprisingly it isn't the least bit sticky, a small amount on the end of your finger is more than enough for a single light application. The scent is subtle, a pleasant fruity berry smell which accompanies the product well. The colour is a soft natural pink with a subtle glittery shine, flattering for just about any skin types. My only complaint is that it doesn't last longer and has to be topped up throughout the day. Not to mention a typical lip gloss applicator and packaging would be much more convenient, although quality of product comes before packaging.
I urge any fellow skeptics to give it a go, the formula is lovely and it's subtle and versatile enough to look great on just about anyone. I've already stocked up with an extra but really hope they choose to keep it beyond Valentine's Day! Please Lush?