Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss - 104

4.3

on 2/20/2015 9:35:00 PM

GREAT drugstore matte lipstick! This whole line has a nice variety of colors!

Pros:
Very comfortable matte lipstick - does not feel dry or uncomfortable at all (use EOS or other balm under for more moisture/comfort).
Pretty long wearing - I get about 4 hours and I talk and lick my lips a lot.
Practical and attractive packaging - the bullet goes all the way down (great for recapping with no worries!).
Smells very pleasant - sweet fruity scent (maybe watermelon?).

Cons:
Packaging - depending on how you store/display your lipstick.
All the tubes look the same. The bottom has the sticker with the shade number. Storing the lipstick upside down is difficult, because the top of the tube is slanted.

on 2/11/2015 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this line! 104 is one of my favorite shades, it's a perfect everyday color :) I find the formula a little bit drying but I expect that from a matte. It doesn't bother me at all if I apply lip balm first. The packaging is also really cute, but I like to store my lipsticks upside down (with the color names facing up). The slanted top makes that impossible. Overall this a great lipstick and I'd definitely recommend it!

on 2/5/2015 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I looove this for every day. It's such a gorgeous yet subtle colour on my tan/olive skin. I can't believe I've only discovered it recently. The formula is less than ideal though. I find almost all drugstore mattes are a little dry, but for $5 It's great to keep in my purse for an emergency

on 12/2/2014 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I like the formula but I'm not as into the color .. The color might be a tad too pink for my slightly yellowy skin. Something is off.. I might buy another color in the same line. EDIT 2/26/15: I realize I think it might be too matte for my face. I prefer a more satin finish for my neutral tone... But I do love my Nars matte lip crayon.

on 10/25/2014 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really like this lipstick, it has a great colour, very suitable for every day, plus I think it really suits my olive skin. It stays on for a few hours, although you may need to reapply it during the day. And don't forget to apply lip balm first because it can feel drying. I really like the packaging, it's pretty, but the smell isn't very pleasing. It's like an old, cheap lipstick, but it's not strong - probably the only reason why it's bearable. All in all, I really recommend this product for every day and I actually think that this could be a great colour for a night out or some special occasion too.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Favorite every day kind of shade! The formula is great, leans towards drying if you don't apply lip balm. Not completely matte but matte enough. This shade is the perfect neutral pink for my skin tone, I cannot do without it.

on 10/16/2014 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Liked the colour and the staying power but my lips felt a bit dry.

on 10/6/2014 11:02:00 AM

This rosy shade is lovely in the matte formula! It's a very good MLBB color that could be worn daily, and I really think the matte finish makes it a bit more sophisticated. These Rimmel Kate Moss mattes are pretty comfortable to wear, in my opinion. Maybe they feel a little waxy, but not totally drying. They're also very easy to apply, which is definitely not the case with many mattes, especially drugstore varieties.

on 9/15/2014 4:29:00 PM

Holy. Effing. Smokes. This is fantastic lipstick. It's the perfect neutral rosy pink, MLBB. It goes on smooth (granted I moisturize my lips every night before bed, so no flakes here), I literally ate a mcchicken sandwich, and swam a mile at the gym (drinking my water in between sets) and I come home, and there's still pigment on. Not as much, but it's STILL ON. It's so inexpensive, and it's such a great color. This is now a staple of my makeup diet.

on 9/10/2014 1:12:00 PM

This is a really, really pretty color that I think would suit any skin tone.

But..the smell is absolutely awful. It's a really sweet vanilla/rose, old and cheap perfume type of scent. I usually don't have any problems with scented make-up, I can wear scented foundation or moisturizer without any issues, but this lipstick literally gave me headaches.

Pros:
- really pretty color, suitable for work
- it's not as drying as other matte lipsticks

Cons:
- it goes matte after a really long time
- it does not last very long and transfers onto anything
- the smell is just...awful

Popular Lipsticks