Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss - 104

4.4

on 7/21/2015 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got this after reading it would be a dupe for Mac Mehr. I own Mehr and i do find the colour to be almost dead on. the only difference is that Mehr is a smidgen more opaque and thick feeling than this. 104 is not a dry matte. i find the wear very comfortable. i would describe the colour as a a dusty pink mlbb colour that is very flattering on my nc40 skin. it is subtle yet brightening. i will re-purchase for sure.

on 7/16/2015 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is by far my favorite lipstick at the drugstore. For my NC42 slightly pigmented lips, this color applies like a dream and doesn't cling to my generally flakey lips and completely matte. Everyone needs to try this color out, it's like a MLBB

on 6/30/2015 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

its a beautiful pinky mauve. really brighten my face instantly on my olive skin. safe for work, ive been using it daily and im so happy about it
feel good with lipbalm underneath

on 6/14/2015 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is one of only two matte lipsticks I currently own. I have previously owned two Revlon matte lipsticks, one in Nude Attitude and the other in Pink Pop. Nude Attitude made my lips look disgustingly crusty, with the pale color combined with the matte texture. Pink Pop looked better, but I ended up eventually giving it away, because I found it making my lips look dry as well. This lipstick, however, has a nice "suede" texture. I do need to apply lip balm every couple of hours when I wear it, but other than that, it does not make my lips look or feel dry. This particular color, 104, is what I would call a medium pinky-mauve, great to wear to work. The packaging is not flimsy, yet the lipstick is affordable and widely available. Next time I need a matte lipstick, I would definitely consider buying from this line again!

on 6/6/2015 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Would I repurchase? Yes, already have, in fact. I am amazed that I never reviewed this before now. This was the first color I bought in these lipsticks when they first came out...two years ago?

I rarely call anything HG because every single day I am looking for something a bit different in my look, but IF I had to pick one lipstick to have, and only one, this would be it. For me it's an always-works, always-looks-good, always-easy-to-wear color. It's pinky-brownish, but definitely not nude. Maybe for some it's their natural lip color, but you can definitely see that I have something on, but it's never too bright or too anything. It works with any makeup color look I choose. So, chameleon-like, yes? Actually, I think this might be in the color range of MAC Twig or Mehr, but I have not swatched it, so can't say for sure. I doubt it's an exact dupe anyway because the formula is definitely not the same as MAC lipsticks.

For reference, I am fair-medium, cool undertones, blue eyes, MAC NW18 ish, dyed red hair (heavy on the red-violet). T

It comes in a great red tube, typical old-school-style, but the red makes it easy to find in my purse! The lid locks on, as you'd expect, so no surprise goo-messes. I wear a balm or lip primer under every lip product I wear, and I'd recommend you do that with this one. It has plenty of slip on its own but can feel just a tad dry. And yes, it is fragranced. I am not bothered by fragrances in things much so it doesn't bother me. I can certainly smell it, but it's a light sweet-sour, maybe fruity smell, so you might want to check to see if it bothers you. Some here have mentioned that it's grainy feeling. I will agree but I will also say that that is not true with every tube I've had. It's slight anyway, and doesn't show on your lips.

Pigmentation is good. I usually get tube color in one swipe. It lasts the normal amount of time, 2-3 hours if you eat or drink. Nothing terrible there. It has a matte finish which is lovely. No shimmer, no shine, but also looks amazing with a dot of clear gloss added if you prefer. I have not used it with a liner, and have never felt I needed to (although I *am* making a trip to the drugstore today, so might just look for one...not because I need it, but just because...you understand, I'm sure). I've never had a problem with this bleeding. Ever. It goes where you put it and stays there.

So, yeah, if I could only have one single lipstick ever again, this would be it. (Although honestly, ONE lipstick ever again? The thought makes me sad. I do love lip color...and eye color...and cheek color...)

on 4/22/2015 3:37:00 PM

I love the color, which is a medium rosy and suitable for everyday wear. The formula is nice--matte but not drying so far. The only negative is the scent--although not unpleasant, it's too perfumy for a lip product and makes me feel as if I've accidentally sprayed perfume or applied lotion to my lips. Hopefully I'll get used to that aspect because I really love the color, formula, and price.
I have pale but yellow undertoned skin, and 104 is a little bot darker than my lips.

on 4/10/2015 11:34:00 PM

I love this lipstick. This is the perfect shade of pinky mauve for my skintone. it dries to a semi matte finish as it still does transfer. I wear this all season and I find that is works for the most part. seriously in love with this. The only con I saw was the smell but that's purely biased because I'm not a fan of any lipstick that has fragrance

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's not too dark and not too light. Love the texture as the feel. Smells great too. Good pigment.

on 2/20/2015 9:35:00 PM

GREAT drugstore matte lipstick! This whole line has a nice variety of colors!

Pros:
Very comfortable matte lipstick - does not feel dry or uncomfortable at all (use EOS or other balm under for more moisture/comfort).
Pretty long wearing - I get about 4 hours and I talk and lick my lips a lot.
Practical and attractive packaging - the bullet goes all the way down (great for recapping with no worries!).
Smells very pleasant - sweet fruity scent (maybe watermelon?).

Cons:
Packaging - depending on how you store/display your lipstick.
All the tubes look the same. The bottom has the sticker with the shade number. Storing the lipstick upside down is difficult, because the top of the tube is slanted.

on 2/11/2015 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this line! 104 is one of my favorite shades, it's a perfect everyday color :) I find the formula a little bit drying but I expect that from a matte. It doesn't bother me at all if I apply lip balm first. The packaging is also really cute, but I like to store my lipsticks upside down (with the color names facing up). The slanted top makes that impossible. Overall this a great lipstick and I'd definitely recommend it!

Popular Lipsticks