September 30, 2014 | 1988 users online

Foundations - FLOWER Beauty - Skincognito Stick Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2014 6:58:00 AM More reviews by HaleyKnowsBest

I don't reallu care much for this product. it feels oily and looks cakey on my skin. I also doesn't cover that well. I wouldn't say its a terrible product but I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by sage4dylan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didnt love it. I like the stick because its easy but it's been sitting in my drawer pretty much unused. I blended it with other foundation at first. Its ok for a quick makeup to put on but not for long wear use. I can be a little oily sometimes and I could tell when using this. Its just ok...

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2014 4:33:00 AM More reviews by Lunaree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had read mixed reviews in this but decided to try anyway, even though the $9 price tag made me hesitant. I bought the lightest shade in this foundation, which was EXTREMELY yellow, but seemed a good match. It's so hard to find a SUPER pale drugstore foundation! The tube came with an oily residue, I was assuming to make the lid easier to come on and off, but I think it's from the foundation. It made me break out, and my skin isn't acne-prone, and gave me extremely clogged pores on my nose, took weeks to sort out.

This oxidized on me soooo badly and turned the orange shade of a bad bronzer. I left the house looking fine and looked in the mirror 3 hours later in horror. My husband asked what was wrong with my face.

The texture is alright, not too wet or dry. It did tend to cling to my dry patches and enhance my pores, even with a pore-minimizing primer. The lasting power in this was decent, I didn't get any breakthrough oil in the 5 hours I wore it and washed it off.

I don't think it's worth a try, I was expecting more from the first (and only) product I've tried from Flower beauty. If you're interested in a drug store stick foundation, try maybelline Fit Me stick instead.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by VerniePie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't know why I picked up this foundation I've been using CG Clean makeup for so many years I guess i though I'd try something new with maybe a little more coverage but this foundation was not the business and i think I'll be sticking to my old standby CG Clean makeup or Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse, hated this foundation.

I purchased this cover-up because I wanted to try something with a little more coverage and I've always been told that stick foundation delivers that but this one really doesn't.....I would say this is sheer to light coverage and the formula is greasy!!!! Luckily I do not have oily skin or else I'd be in dead trouble but I do prefer a matte look to my face and this makeup made me look shiny....which is a look I do not like....even with layers of loose powder on my face I still looked shiny....not cute!

I guess if you're looking for a more "dewey" look you might like this foundation but if you're like me and prefer a matte finish to your face then I would not buy this product. I will be sticking with CG Clean makeup for everyday and Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse for the times I want extra coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by princess2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am really shocked reading the negative reviews on this product. I find it to be a really great stick foundation. I usually use liquid, but have tried a few cream formulas and found them to be uncomfortable to wear. The Skincognito foundation stick was an impulse buy. I read no reviews which is very odd for me. I grabbed it at Walmart and put it on in the car because I find the outside light is helpful when evaluating color and coverage. I took the stick and swiped it on my cheeks, chin, nose and forehead then smoothed it out with an Eco Tools BB cream brush. The coverage was excellent! It says medium to full and you can sheer it out or make it full. I have hyperpigmentation from healing blemishes and this covered up all the redness. It smoothed out easily and didn't look cakey or feel heavy. I added the Flower Beauty cream blush then set it with MAC blot powder and my skin looked radiant in daylight! I really think I'm going to buy another stick to keep in my purse because it's so portable. It comes in a thick white plastic tube, with a gold Flower logo. It's very sturdy and easy to use. I really like the Flower packaging for all it's products.

I've used foundations from all price ranges from high end to drugstore and this is by far my favorite cream foundation yet.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Staaarlit

This ought to be a concealer because of the texture's thickness. I did not buy this myself, but used a friend's to swatch it onto my hand. What I saw: a very thick and dry coverage. Coverage is quite strong-- I used it on scars/spots on my hand and saw that it concealed it fairly well. However, it didn't blend nicely into the lines of my hands. That's one main reason why I decided not to go out and buy it. Color is quite nice, has yellow/warm undertones. A person with dry skin ought to stay away from this. It might be okay for oily skin as the dry texture perhaps won't create that crepeyness or tightness. I do love that it's a stick-- a very appealing trait that even though I'm not too excited about the quality, I'm really considering on buying this product. However, I don't think this product will work well as a foundation. Yet, I do think it might do as a concealer. I think I'll buy this once my concealers get trashed (6 more months). Will update then.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by frankyt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

really great product! this provides great coverage and blends smoothly. it matches my skin tone and doesn't oxidize on me. and for the price, i definitely plan to repurchase when i run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by River3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is AMAZING! Yes it is called a stick foundation, but, it is more of a spot treatment, concealer, corrector product. It is so fabulous. I use this after I put on tinted moisturizer and because of that combination, I don't have to use any other kind of foundation or concealer. I have really horrible dark circles and do get acne spots here and there (even though I'm now 27, I still get a couple every now and then, *grumble*) this covers really really well!

I have heard complaints from others that think this product is too yellow. However, I want to point out that the best concealers, especially for under eyes, do have a yellow or orange tinge because that is what counters the purple of dark circles. It also does a great job evening out red including acne spots. I have light to medium skin, and I use shade 4 which is probably the most yellow, and even though I am actually probably more cool or pink toned, I still don't find it excessively yellow as long as you use it the right way. Don't use this as an all over foundation mask. I guess you could, but if you go to the flower beauty website and watch the tutorials on how to use this, Drew Barrymore doesn't ever use it that way. It is more for correcting, concealing. Such a great product! Please flower, don't ever discontinue!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Keribell74

Had such high hopes for this.. Had got the lightest shade and it was a perfect match for my fair yellow toned skin, looked great when first applied.. Then a few minutes later when I looked in the mirror it starting separating and I was getting shiny. Broke me out horribly too. Ran straight back to Walmart and returned it. :/

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Mondocool16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was somewhat hesitant to drop the $9 on it because I have not had much luck with stick foundations in the past...but, after seeing a few reviews on youtube, I thought it might be worth a try. I am glad that I did because, overall, I like this foundation. It is a lot creamier than any other stick foundation I have tried. It glides on smoothly and it very easy to blend--I used the Real Techniques Face Brush and ended up with medium coverage. I think a damp sponge or Beauty Blender would work well for more sheer coverage.

I actually bought it in 2 different shades: SF1 and SF4. I use the lighter shade on the center of my face and use the darker shade for contouring. Being in stick-form, It's really easy to apply each shade exactly where I want it.

The only downsides about this formula is that it tends to cling-on to dry or flaky areas making them more obvious. I have combination skin that tends to be more on the dry side so this is somewhat problematic on days that I don't exfoliate. It is also not very long lasting...it is easy to touch up if needed though.

It has a dewy finish...and it is a oil-based product so if you have really oily skin, this may not be for you.