October 1, 2014 | 1825 users online

Moisturizers - Neutrogena - Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Oil-Free Moisturiser

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 11:17:00 AM More reviews by sarahellen1980

I love, love, love this moisturiser! It moisturises and mattifies instantly - and it lasts. As I'm a newbie user, I am hoping its Microclear technology does its job and clears my skin. It's main benefit so far is that my foundation (which was about to be relegated to bin land) is back in the game - no shine! Yippee! Thanks Neutrogena... visibly clear is right!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Well hello! This is a true lifesaver, I really can´t think living without this! I have now been using this moisturizer on/off for 6 months and it has really saved me.

Originally I have dry and sensitive skin, but since I stopped taking contraceptive pills, my skin went crazy. Lately my skin has been oily, sensitive, acne prone and I really much impurities and pimples, most of them on my cheeks and jaw. Since this is full hormonal, I´m going to wait that my hormones get in balance by themselves and meanwhile I try to fix the most horrible damage on my skin.

I have tried everything (salt water, creams, seaweed oil, argan- and jojoba oils, salicylic acid, lactic acid, salt scrubs, tea tree oil, vitamins, flower waters, dozens of different cleansers from super sensitive to super effective) and nothing seems to help. Except for this moisturizer and the pink grapefruit scrub.

This moisturizer doesn´t heal the acne in one night, but it really helps a lot. It prevents new pimples and makes the old ones to dry and heal fast. It gives a nice calming effect due to the menthol, and it sinks nicely to skin. It´s also surprisingly moisturizing, and I use it as night creme. I like to layer it a few times, so when the first layer has already sunk in and dried, I apply a few layers more. I think it´s more effective that way.

If you have clogged pores or mild acne, you should really give this a try. If it helps my horrible, adult hormonal acne skin (very break out prone!), it can help you too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 11:03:00 AM More reviews by stevie84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this moisturizer, i have sensitive skin & this has not made me break out once It smells nice & leaves my skin really soft & hydrated. Would definately purchase again :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 6:38:00 AM More reviews by Alanood93

This product along with the daily scrub from the same line is truly a life saver!!!!! They both cleared up my face quickly and I did NOT breakout until I stopped using them for a week.
Although I don't suffer from severe acne, I used the Clinique 3 step system and it broke me out badly, and this combo cleared up my face and keeps acne at bay!

I repurchased it and I will continue repurchasing it until I find a batter moisturiser!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by mg1013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Although some of Neutrogena's skin-clearing products are really drying, this is one of the best-behaving moisturizers I've ever tried so far! I think it really is clearing up my skin somewhat -- I used to develop blemishes over the course of the day at work, but that has pretty much stopped. Neither does this mess up the look of my makeup; it doesn't cause foundation to melt off in a few hours like some other drugstore brands do. It also sinks in much more quickly than other daytime moisturizers I've used.

It has a clean, fresh citrus fragrance. This doesn't linger for more than about a minute, but it could be troublesome if you have really sensitive skin.

The product packaging is really hygienic, which I appreciate in a face product. The one annoying thing about it is that it comes in a really thin but wide tube, which falls over a lot! That's only a minor annoyance -- just something you will notice if you are highly order-oriented.

I usually flit from one moisturizer to the next as soon as I run out, but I think I will actually repurchase this time. Especially since it's nicely affordable and outperforms Neutrogena's combination skin moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Being a sensitive/combination skin type, it's near impossible to find moisturisers that work for me - it has to hydrate my skin without being oily but work under my makeup without drying out my face. I'd been disappointed by the Pink Grapefruit scrub years ago but felt I should give this a go after seeing it reviewed positively on a beauty blog, especially since Lush's Vanishing Cream for sensitive skin left my face oily.
Not only does this work well under my makeup without too much oiliness, even my boyfriend noticed my skin looked better and painful acne spots under my jawline have started to disappear - I'd put them down to typical post-teenage skin but seems like my old moisturiser was the culprit.
The only initial negative I had with this product was the pink grapefruit smell, although it doesn't linger and I've come to like it.
I'd recommend this to anyone with awkward oily/combination skin like mine, even the sensitive variety. It's only 4.99 at Boots for a generous tube - try it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No