Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Oil-Free Moisturiser

4.6

on 8/16/2015 12:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Doesn't get better than this. This is one of the very few moisturizers that doesn't make my skin break out. It's got a cooling feel on the skin which really feels like it's working. I wouldn't recommend to people with very dry skin as I don't think it's hydrating enough but for someone like me with combo skin it's perfect. Especially in the summer when my skin doesn't need overly moisturizing. The smell is very refreshing and is very inexpensive and gorgeous pink tube. Lovely stuff.

on 8/6/2015 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

THIS IS SO GOOD!! I'm someone who rarely give HG-status to products, but this is something I would cry over if it ever got discontinued. I've got several backups of it since I stock up every time I'm in some country where they sell it since they don't sell it where I live (Norway). I'm someone who have no problems with paying alot for good skincare-products, but this is probably the best daytime moisturiser I've ever used, it even beats everyone I've used from brands like Decleor, Elemis, Murad, Clarins, Chanel ect.

My skin is pretty normal, not very oily nor dry, but I do suffer from blackheads around my nose, chin, cheeks and forehead, basically all over. This really diffuses them, does not give me breakouts, moisturises without making my skin look oily (i do see it being to heavy for daytime if you have oily skin though), is so good under makeup, it comes in a tube, it smells nice, it's affordable and the tube is pink. There is NOTHING to complain about, except do not get it in your eyes. They will burn like hell!

LOVE IT. love it love it love it. This is absolutely my holy grail moisturizer. I've had a life long battle with my oily/acne prone skin and as I've gotten older I've learned that my skin never looks better as it does when I wash it (panoxyl 4), moisturize the hell out of it and LEAVE IT ALONE. No spot treatments, no masks, just face wash and moisturizer and any breakouts I have clear up almost immediately. When I found this I was skeptical because the of the SA content and afraid it would dry me out. But NO! This smells amazing, moisturizes SO well, clears breakouts and has DRAMATICALLY evened my skin tone in the 2 weeks I've been using it. Highly recommend this.

on 7/8/2015 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I was on the hunt for a new moisturizer then I saw this at safeway they were on sale that time. I dont use this during day time because it tends to be a little greasy/heavy on my oily skin so I use it before bedtime. I noticed after 2 weeks my skin began to clear up. Its a miracle!! Will repurchase this again hoping itll be available on local market soon (ph market that is)

on 6/24/2015 7:29:00 AM

Decent moisturiser for something with no hyaluronic acid or anything. It sinks in VERY well!
Scent is clean and fresh. Overall a good product.

However, I am surprised the packing is rated as highly as it is. The quality is fine, yes, but the design has the very annoying trait of being too narrow. So it falls over if you even look at it wrong. The tube is very flat, and the bottom is flat as well as opposed to flaring out into a round shape. So it doesn't take up much space, but it falls over. Constantly.

Minor irritation, but it is an irritation nonetheless.

on 1/5/2015 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have extremely oily skin,which is very sensitive & acne prone. This is the best moisturiser I have tired it really works and keeps your skin clear and healthy looking. For £5 a tube this is definitely great value for money. It helps my Estée Lauder double wear sit comfortably on my skin and it really helps to prevent brake-outs. Don't even need a primer as this does the job perfectly creating the ideal base before applying your foundation. LOVE IT!!! Thank you neutrogena ;)

on 12/15/2014 5:10:00 AM

This is hands-down the most amazing moisturiser for oily skin that I have ever tried.

I bought this after seeing one of my favourite YouTubers, Sinad aka TheMakeupChair, raving about it on her videos. I use this paired with the Facial Cleanser from the same range.

This leaves my face instantly matte and feeling soft. It does a great job of doing what it should, moisturise, without ANY traces of shine or greasiness. I have never found a moisturiser so far that performed so well.

Acne-wise, it has helped me greatly with reducing spots. The most problematic area for me is the chin, and I have been seeing my pimples fading away from the moment I started using this. Once again, I pair it with the wash from the same range, so I can't grant that the moisturiser alone would do such a good job.

The only think that bothers me in this is the scent: it smells very artificial and a bit aggressive at first. I still give it 5-stars though, because the scent doesn't linger for long and the product does what it promises, which is what I care the most about.

I will definitely repurchase this - probably "in bulk", since I don't ever want to run out!

on 11/23/2014 5:13:00 PM

I have sensitive,combination skin, prone to clogged pores.
It was so hard for me to admit that this moisturizer was working so well for my skin, as I always try to use organic skincare, but this really helped me when I was having a bad breakout. But it also started to make my face appear a bit pale and dull because of the salicylic acid, I believe.

+ nice,hygienic packaging
+ works like a primer for my skin (smoothing,hydrating, firming)
+ lifts my face (helps with puffiness)
+ light-weight
+ helps with breakouts (contains salicylic acid)

- leaves skin a bit shiny
- is not a good choice for the long run -> tends to make face appear pale and lifeless
- very strong smell
- contains silicones, a lot of skin-irritating ingredients (I suggest to patch-test first)

This moisturizer helped me a lot to calm down a breakout and I must say I am very impressed that I didn't get an allergic reaction with this and I really liked the cooling and lifting and skin-clearing benefits. Now that my skin has calmed down again I am not using it anymore, since I only use hypoallergenic products without irritating ingredients.

I love, love, love this moisturiser! It moisturises and mattifies instantly - and it lasts. As I'm a newbie user, I am hoping its Microclear technology does its job and clears my skin. It's main benefit so far is that my foundation (which was about to be relegated to bin land) is back in the game - no shine! Yippee! Thanks Neutrogena... visibly clear is right!

on 1/29/2014 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Well hello! This is a true lifesaver, I really can´t think living without this! I have now been using this moisturizer on/off for 6 months and it has really saved me.

Originally I have dry and sensitive skin, but since I stopped taking contraceptive pills, my skin went crazy. Lately my skin has been oily, sensitive, acne prone and I really much impurities and pimples, most of them on my cheeks and jaw. Since this is full hormonal, I´m going to wait that my hormones get in balance by themselves and meanwhile I try to fix the most horrible damage on my skin.

I have tried everything (salt water, creams, seaweed oil, argan- and jojoba oils, salicylic acid, lactic acid, salt scrubs, tea tree oil, vitamins, flower waters, dozens of different cleansers from super sensitive to super effective) and nothing seems to help. Except for this moisturizer and the pink grapefruit scrub.

This moisturizer doesn´t heal the acne in one night, but it really helps a lot. It prevents new pimples and makes the old ones to dry and heal fast. It gives a nice calming effect due to the menthol, and it sinks nicely to skin. It´s also surprisingly moisturizing, and I use it as night creme. I like to layer it a few times, so when the first layer has already sunk in and dried, I apply a few layers more. I think it´s more effective that way.

If you have clogged pores or mild acne, you should really give this a try. If it helps my horrible, adult hormonal acne skin (very break out prone!), it can help you too.

Popular Moisturizers