September 17, 2014 | 2014 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder - 005 Silky Beige

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by tookie15

For the price of this product, it is really good.
It really matifies your face and helps set your conealer and BB creams (I don't use foundations)
Will recomment touch ups every few hours, but I usually can get through a day without touching up and I have combination skin.
It also lasts very long. I use it pretty much everyday and have been for the past few months and have yet to hit pan. This is my second purchase and despite trying all the other higher end powders, this is my fall back choice. Can never really go wrong with this powder. Doesnt break my out either.

I have yet to try transparent.. but I am impressed with the silky beige one. ( I am usually a NC20 for Mac and Sand for Bobbi Brown)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 6:50:00 AM More reviews by 0xsarahx0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product. It does exactly what it says and no more or no less. I buy the clear ones because I find the beige a bit too orange. Rimmel is so widely affordable I have no problem re purchasing this :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by oneskyred

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the look of this when I first put it on, and just have to reapply it throughout the day, every 4-5 hours or so (so it does live up what it says - up to 5 hours shine control). I feel that other powders I have had have lasted longer, but the price of this will probably keep me coming back.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by lushblush

This makes my face matte and flawless throughout the whole day! It's great, a little drying but it's great!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2013 7:26:00 AM More reviews by Mayayoung

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is another great cosmetic that I buy time and time again. Use this compact powder over the top of the Garnier BB cream to get rid of the shine. For people with oily skin this works amazing because it stops that mid-day "glow" that you might often experience. There isn't anything mind blowing about it but if your looking for a cheap effective powder I'd give this a go.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by vlogandbeauty

I bought this product about 2 months ago to use during the summer to use the matte to keep my face from being shiny. The powder leaves a little bit of a powdery look but not to much that its incredibly noticeable, I do like this product but i would like to try others before i say i love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by makeupfreakxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't really have high expectations, but I was really satisfied about this powder because it was my first time that I found a powder that actually matched perfectly to my skin color.
It really does a good job on setting my makeup and giving that flawless finish. Honestly, I have nothing negative to say about this product other than the cap could have been better.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by erilin87

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Not mad on this product. Leaves a very visibile powder residue on your face which i odnt think looks great Does an alright job at coontrolling shine on my t-zone but im sure theres much better products out there

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Zanita27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful basic powder. This color which is a warm yellow matches my warm light skin perfectly. It gets rid of the shine and doesnt leave a powdery residue. Ill get this wonderful product again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

After discovering my HG powder, Collection 2000's 'Shine Away Compact Powder', had been discontinued in Boots stores (waah!) I picked up Rimmel's Stay Matte Pressed Powder to try, simply because Rimmel is so widely available and affordable where I live and hoped to get along with it. And I was running out of pressed powder for my combination/oily skin, fast. There weren't many shades left so I picked up Silky Beige as it didn't look too light or too dark for my pale to medium skin.
I use a large, soft Bobbi Brown face brush to dust this over my nose, chin and forehead 2-3 times a day, whenever my skin is starting to become oily. It neither impressed me nor disappointed me, just a standard affordable pressed powder. The only problem was that the silky beige is slightly orange-toned rather than yellow-toned, and I'm not a massive fan of the orange look, but it's not hugely noticeable. After reviewing their shades it appears this is the darkest shade they do (!), so medium to darker skin tones may want to try a different product for a better match.
I'll use up the rest of this product and perhaps try the fairer Warm Beige shade, continuing the search for a replacement to my fantastic Collection 2000 Shine Away.