Sonia Kashuk Satin Luxe Lipcolor Violetta

4.3

on 11/7/2013 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I picked this up at Target, after reading some good things about the Satin Luxe lipcolors on blogs.

Nice plum-fuchsia color, a little on the muted side, but that works for me. I think this is a pretty color for colder months, and looks nice on multiple skin tones (I see previous reviewers are fairer skinned than I am).

PROS:
-creamy
-SPF
-no irritation afterwards
-very little scent
-color preview on the cap nice, I think it's pretty true to color
-wrap packaging!

CONS:
-a little on the sheer side, but it is buildable
-shimmer, but it's very fine and not too obnoxious
-experienced some lip peeling afterwards

on 5/30/2013 3:32:00 PM

This is very comfortable on the lips, offers some marginal spf, and looks great on me! It has this see-through quality to it yet it's definitely more lipstick than gloss. Really nice product!I was hesitant to try this bright shade but wanted to step outside my color comfort zone. It is a bit more subtle than the color on the lipstick shows which make it all the more wearable for me. It's not too bright of a raspberry, yet I would consider it somewhat of a statement lipstick. Nice job Sonia Kushak. Get some coupons out there, hon!

on 2/8/2013 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am loving the new Satin Luxe Lip Colors from SK! My favorite color is Violetta. It's a beautiful color for spring, but pigmented enough for fall. It's a fuschia shade - a perfect blend of pinkish-purple, without being garish. I can wear very little makeup elsewhere on my face and when I wear this color on my lips it's about all I need to brighten my entire face. It's super moisturizing. It's my go-to shade. Love, love, love!

Popular Lipsticks