October 25, 2014 | 1172 users online

Hair - L'Oreal - Power Moisture Moisture Rush Mask

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My hair is naturally dry in texture and after a stint of over using SLS shampoos my curly hair was down right parched. I did a lot of research on moisture treatments, and most were out of my current budget. I came across this mask in Target while browsing and picked it up on a whim, knowing my hair needed something and I might as well try something cheap to start off with.

I shampoo my hair, then apply this mask and put my hair up in a towel to let it sit for about 30 minutes. The directions say 5, but I like leaving masks on longer (as long as their not protein packed) to really let them work. I find I need a lot of product to coat my long hair, which isn't a problem, but I see myself going through this jar pretty quickly. (I use this in place of conditioner, so every time I wash my hair, about 1-2x a week)

My hair is noticeably more hydrated, smoother, and much shinier. The scent is fresh, but not powerful or overwhelming. I noticed it smelled a bit less "fresh" the second time I used it, but not offensive.

This mask does contain silicones, if you're trying to avoid that. My hair seems to respond well to silicone, as I've tried going CG (no silicones, no sulfates) and wasn't very pleased with my hair.

I can see this mask seriously weighing down hair that isn't thirsty. It's pretty serious.

This mask + going back to SLS free shampoos is really making a difference. I hope it continues to work as well as my first two uses.

EDIT:/ After using up my first jar and buying a second, this product really isn't doing what it used to. My hair seems to be going right back to being dry. *sigh* I'll use up this 2nd jar but won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Sschunt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I found this product to work great! I just used it for the first time after I showered (much easier to handle the container out of the shower), left it in while I watched a movie, then rinsed it out super well before bed. I can say that this works way better than some expensive deep conditioners I have used. My hair has never felt so soft and smooth!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2014 9:09:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

Love this hair mask! It is a nice lightweight sort of gel~cream consistency and feels really refreshing to use in the shower. I apply it to my ends, comb through with a wide tooth comb, and wait (shave my legs) then wash it out. There is no residue left behind once you rinse it, and your hair will not feel weighed-down. I find myself using much less detangler when I use this, and I also don't need to apply as many leave in creams/styling products. Very happy with this product and will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

This is a great hair mask, it's my second favorite, my first being the damage erasing balm from the same L'oreal line. I use it once a week in place of my regular conditioner and it does a wonderful job adding extra moisture, shine, and smoothness to my fine, thin damaged, color-treated hair, yet it doesn't weigh it down at all. In fact it does a very decent job keeping my hair volumized and bouncy.

It is a lot thinner and more watery than the other L'Oreal hair masks, and when I put the first layer of it on my hair I can literally feel my hair soaking up the product, so I have to use a lot of this at one time and I don't have much hair so I can see women with really long or thick hair having to use tons. Honestly, I don't see this mask providing hair that is super coarse or dry with enough moisture, it seems more for people looking for moderate moisture without weight.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by rainangel21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far I love this product. It made my dry curly hair soft and moisturized. It also smells great. I wouldn't recommend this for people with coarse, rough, severely dry hair. It won't work. It's meant for moderately dry hair. I used it with my damage eraser shampoo and it did wonders. The product is smooth and creamy in texture and fun to put in my hair. When you use it I would recommend leaving it in for 5 mins at least before washing it out. Another tip is to let the hair air dry. The hair dryer will dry it out more than necessary. truly happy with product so far. Thanks L'Oréal!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by BabyFaceNina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this treatment for my hair; always leaves it super smooth and hydrated.Sometimes when my hair is super dry I will add a tbsp of olive oil for a health boosting hair treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by veelui

i love how soft this stuff makes my hair. my hair is really fine and always has split ends, i have to trim every other month to get it under control. right now being winter and the weather very dry, my hair has suffered terribly, especially at the ends, i sometimes think its straw like hay. after using this 2x a week for the past month, the ends of my hair have been smoothed out, and while i do have some split ends still, it doesnt feel as rough as was before j started using this stuff

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really disappointed with this product. I have thick, curly hair that tends to be very dry. I wanted this to be thick and creamy but it was very thin and watery. I applied a lot of it to the ends of my hair and let it sit for several minutes. Even then, it didn't feel smooth as I rinsed it out. I comb my hair with a wide tooth comb in the shower while conditioner is in my hair, but as I did this step with this mask, it was still very tangled. It did nothing special to my hair once dry either. I tried this a couple times hoping I would start to like it but to no avail. Sorry, loreal.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by roxycat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i'd give this a 3.5 out of 5. mixed feelings. a bit perfumey. a bit pricey for drugstore quality + quantity. i might buy it again at some point but there are other products i'd like to try.

packaging:
i like dipping my fingers in & it looks nice. the lid is difficult to screw on. the "threads" don't want to catch when you twist it closed.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by obsess1beauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm another who's in the minority of disliking this hair masque. It has a wax ingredient in it, so it's no wonder the only benefit to the masque is its detangling properties! As soon as I smothered this on, my hair felt like straw in an instant. Even after it dried, I could tell that I would have to go back and condition with something else. I can't explain why it can detangle yet it does nothing in the way of moisturizing. The smell was also overpowering. I wouldn't have minded fumbling with the bulky packaging while in the shower if it worked well.