L'Oreal Power Moisture Moisture Rush Mask

3.8

Aqua / Water / Eau Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate Quaternium-87 Behentrimonium Chloride Stearyl Alcohol Amodimethicone Propylene Glycol Phenoxyethanol Parfum / Fragrance Isopropyl Alcohol Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla Trideceth-6 Peg/Ppg/Polybutylene Glycol-8/5/3 Glycerin Hydroxypropyl Guar Arginine Glutamic Acid Linalool Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride Hexyl Cinnamal Serine Cetrimonium Chloride Benzyl Salicylate Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein Benzyl Alcohol Limonene Sodium Hyaluronate Amyl Cinnamal Citronellol Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone Sodium Hydroxide CI 42053 / Green 3 CI 19140 / Yellow 5 CI 42090 / Blue 1.

on 1/3/2015 5:48:00 PM

This completely stripped my hair of all moisture, and made my hair feel like straw. I didn't change anything in my life other than this product. It offers ZERO moisture whatsoever. The more I used this, the more my hair began to feel like wool. Ick. Out this went in the trash.

Instead, what worked miracles from the very first time I used it is the L'Oreal EVERCREME DEEP NOURISHING MASQUE. It comes in a gold jar, now that is my HG product! 10 minutes once a week, and my hair looks like Cleopatra's shiny hair!! HG for life!!!

on 11/21/2014 12:26:00 AM

This made my hair feel like straw! No thank you.

on 7/25/2014 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

My hair is naturally dry in texture and after a stint of over using SLS shampoos my curly hair was down right parched. I did a lot of research on moisture treatments, and most were out of my current budget. I came across this mask in Target while browsing and picked it up on a whim, knowing my hair needed something and I might as well try something cheap to start off with.

I shampoo my hair, then apply this mask and put my hair up in a towel to let it sit for about 30 minutes. The directions say 5, but I like leaving masks on longer (as long as their not protein packed) to really let them work. I find I need a lot of product to coat my long hair, which isn't a problem, but I see myself going through this jar pretty quickly. (I use this in place of conditioner, so every time I wash my hair, about 1-2x a week)

My hair is noticeably more hydrated, smoother, and much shinier. The scent is fresh, but not powerful or overwhelming. I noticed it smelled a bit less "fresh" the second time I used it, but not offensive.

This mask does contain silicones, if you're trying to avoid that. My hair seems to respond well to silicone, as I've tried going CG (no silicones, no sulfates) and wasn't very pleased with my hair.

I can see this mask seriously weighing down hair that isn't thirsty. It's pretty serious.

This mask + going back to SLS free shampoos is really making a difference. I hope it continues to work as well as my first two uses.

EDIT:/ After using up my first jar and buying a second, this product really isn't doing what it used to. My hair seems to be going right back to being dry. *sigh* I'll use up this 2nd jar but won't repurchase.

on 6/10/2014 10:58:00 PM

I found this product to work great! I just used it for the first time after I showered (much easier to handle the container out of the shower), left it in while I watched a movie, then rinsed it out super well before bed. I can say that this works way better than some expensive deep conditioners I have used. My hair has never felt so soft and smooth!

Love this hair mask! It is a nice lightweight sort of gel~cream consistency and feels really refreshing to use in the shower. I apply it to my ends, comb through with a wide tooth comb, and wait (shave my legs) then wash it out. There is no residue left behind once you rinse it, and your hair will not feel weighed-down. I find myself using much less detangler when I use this, and I also don't need to apply as many leave in creams/styling products. Very happy with this product and will definitely repurchase!

on 4/16/2014 1:02:00 PM

This is a great hair mask, it's my second favorite, my first being the damage erasing balm from the same L'oreal line. I use it once a week in place of my regular conditioner and it does a wonderful job adding extra moisture, shine, and smoothness to my fine, thin damaged, color-treated hair, yet it doesn't weigh it down at all. In fact it does a very decent job keeping my hair volumized and bouncy.

It is a lot thinner and more watery than the other L'Oreal hair masks, and when I put the first layer of it on my hair I can literally feel my hair soaking up the product, so I have to use a lot of this at one time and I don't have much hair so I can see women with really long or thick hair having to use tons. Honestly, I don't see this mask providing hair that is super coarse or dry with enough moisture, it seems more for people looking for moderate moisture without weight.

on 2/23/2014 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So far I love this product. It made my dry curly hair soft and moisturized. It also smells great. I wouldn't recommend this for people with coarse, rough, severely dry hair. It won't work. It's meant for moderately dry hair. I used it with my damage eraser shampoo and it did wonders. The product is smooth and creamy in texture and fun to put in my hair. When you use it I would recommend leaving it in for 5 mins at least before washing it out. Another tip is to let the hair air dry. The hair dryer will dry it out more than necessary. truly happy with product so far. Thanks L'Oréal!

on 1/28/2014 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this treatment for my hair; always leaves it super smooth and hydrated.Sometimes when my hair is super dry I will add a tbsp of olive oil for a health boosting hair treatment.

on 12/31/2013 1:58:00 AM

i love how soft this stuff makes my hair. my hair is really fine and always has split ends, i have to trim every other month to get it under control. right now being winter and the weather very dry, my hair has suffered terribly, especially at the ends, i sometimes think its straw like hay. after using this 2x a week for the past month, the ends of my hair have been smoothed out, and while i do have some split ends still, it doesnt feel as rough as was before j started using this stuff

on 9/1/2013 1:21:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm really disappointed with this product. I have thick, curly hair that tends to be very dry. I wanted this to be thick and creamy but it was very thin and watery. I applied a lot of it to the ends of my hair and let it sit for several minutes. Even then, it didn't feel smooth as I rinsed it out. I comb my hair with a wide tooth comb in the shower while conditioner is in my hair, but as I did this step with this mask, it was still very tangled. It did nothing special to my hair once dry either. I tried this a couple times hoping I would start to like it but to no avail. Sorry, loreal.

Popular Hair Products