April 20, 2014 | 1589 users online

Hair - L'Oreal - Power Moisture Moisture Rush Mask

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

This is a great hair mask, it's my second favorite, my first being the damage erasing balm from the same L'oreal line. I use it once a week in place of my regular conditioner and it does a wonderful job adding extra moisture, shine, and smoothness to my fine, thin damaged, color-treated hair, yet it doesn't weigh it down at all. In fact it does a very decent job keeping my hair volumized and bouncy.

It is a lot thinner and more watery than the other L'Oreal hair masks, and when I put the first layer of it on my hair I can literally feel my hair soaking up the product, so I have to use a lot of this at one time and I don't have much hair so I can see women with really long or thick hair having to use tons. Honestly, I don't see this mask providing hair that is super coarse or dry with enough moisture, it seems more for people looking for moderate moisture without weight.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by rainangel21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far I love this product. It made my dry curly hair soft and moisturized. It also smells great. I wouldn't recommend this for people with coarse, rough, severely dry hair. It won't work. It's meant for moderately dry hair. I used it with my damage eraser shampoo and it did wonders. The product is smooth and creamy in texture and fun to put in my hair. When you use it I would recommend leaving it in for 5 mins at least before washing it out. Another tip is to let the hair air dry. The hair dryer will dry it out more than necessary. truly happy with product so far. Thanks L'Oréal!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by BabyFaceNina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this treatment for my hair; always leaves it super smooth and hydrated.Sometimes when my hair is super dry I will add a tbsp of olive oil for a health boosting hair treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by veelui

i love how soft this stuff makes my hair. my hair is really fine and always has split ends, i have to trim every other month to get it under control. right now being winter and the weather very dry, my hair has suffered terribly, especially at the ends, i sometimes think its straw like hay. after using this 2x a week for the past month, the ends of my hair have been smoothed out, and while i do have some split ends still, it doesnt feel as rough as was before j started using this stuff

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really disappointed with this product. I have thick, curly hair that tends to be very dry. I wanted this to be thick and creamy but it was very thin and watery. I applied a lot of it to the ends of my hair and let it sit for several minutes. Even then, it didn't feel smooth as I rinsed it out. I comb my hair with a wide tooth comb in the shower while conditioner is in my hair, but as I did this step with this mask, it was still very tangled. It did nothing special to my hair once dry either. I tried this a couple times hoping I would start to like it but to no avail. Sorry, loreal.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by roxycat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i'd give this a 3.5 out of 5. mixed feelings. a bit perfumey. a bit pricey for drugstore quality + quantity. i might buy it again at some point but there are other products i'd like to try.

packaging:
i like dipping my fingers in & it looks nice. the lid is difficult to screw on. the "threads" don't want to catch when you twist it closed.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by obsess1beauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm another who's in the minority of disliking this hair masque. It has a wax ingredient in it, so it's no wonder the only benefit to the masque is its detangling properties! As soon as I smothered this on, my hair felt like straw in an instant. Even after it dried, I could tell that I would have to go back and condition with something else. I can't explain why it can detangle yet it does nothing in the way of moisturizing. The smell was also overpowering. I wouldn't have minded fumbling with the bulky packaging while in the shower if it worked well.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by michelleva

Beautiful! I love, love, love this mask! It left my silky smooth! My hair sucked all of the moisture. EDIT: This still leaves my hair puffy and wavy...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

As much as I love the Power Moisture shampoo and conditioner I hate this. For one thing it doesn't leave my hair any more moisturized than it does when I use the shampoo with the normal condition. But for a another - no matter how much I rinse - it leaves a sticky, nasty film on my hair. And I also hate that it comes in a jar. It looks super pretty sitting in my shower, but twisting off the cap and scooping out product is too tricky with wet hands and I'm constantly paranoid I'm going to drop it and wash all of it down the drain (which would frankly be a blessing with this product). I've only used it a few times so I've got almost a full jar left, but the only thing I envision using it for is on my horses mane and tail at this point.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by TouchOfSin

Strange strange strange. When I used it for the first time my hair was left feeling gloriously silky and shiny, I could feel it when my hair was damp and almost dry. Then when it completely air dried my hair was MEH (Almost like if the moisture had evaporated, what the heck) that totally made me upset because I really wanted to love this mask:

1. The packaging is lovely, the first treatment in a tub I ever buy.
2. The scent, oh my god the scent... I'm in heaven every time I smell it.
3. The consistency, it is just so fun I don't know why. It is easy to apply and it instantly melts in your hair.

But sadly, it didn't do anything for my hair, and I'm serious. A regular conditioner would've worked better. The tub is also a little hard to close, and the white lid used only for decoration came off easily (It was glued)

BUT WAIT.. for reference I have virgin hair (I promised not using any heat or dye on my hair except in special occasions) So maybe besides my hair not liking it (or the mask not liking my hair) my hair isn't damaged in the slightest (it just needs moisture, which is different) so that's why it didn't work for me. I also gave it to my mom to try and it didn't work for her either (but she actually dyes her hair and straightens it a lot) So I guess this mask doesn't like certain genes... Lmbo. And casually, I read another review and the girl said it didn't work for her, and for her mom neither.

If you go to other sites like ULTA or walmart (And a review from youtube) you'll see I'm not the only one, but we're the minority anyway. So in conclusion, this mask does not work for the 15-20% of the population, so don't be afraid to try it! Just look at the reviews below me :)