Shea Moisture Lavendar & Wild Orchid Body Lotion

3.2

on 5/22/2015 5:02:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love Shea Moisture products and was looking forward to trying this lotion, because I love lavender and I'd heard really good things about the formula. It's a heavy-duty, intensely moisturizing cream that is VERY hard to squeeze out of the tube; I vastly prefer tube packaging to jar packaging overall, but a product this thick/heavy really needs to be in a jar.

The lotion is very, very heavily scented, and it isn't a "natural" kind of lavender scent. It reminds me of cheap lavender bar soap. Totally overpowering and takes forever to fade. Even though I felt like this cream did a good job of moisturizing my skin (especially as a hand/nail cream), I had to toss my tube because just looking at it made me a little sick to my stomach, picturing the heavy scent. I'd consider buying another body lotion from Shea Moisture, but I'm never buying anything with the "Lavender & Wild Orchid" fragrance again.

on 3/13/2015 3:53:00 PM

I initially purchased this product to supplement my regular body lotion through this winter. I live in the Northeastern US and it was a cold and brutal winter, and it wreaked havoc on my skin. I was perusing through Target looking for a nice thick body butter, knowing that if I didn't find one, that I'd just grab a bottle of Gold Bond lotion. I found this Shea Moisture line of products and since it was on sale I decided to give it a go. I liked the smell well enough, the Orchid seems just a bit stronger than the Lavender, but the overall scent is subtle enough that a man should take no offense to using it. Like other reviewers have mentioned, it is thick, and a tub would probably be a more appropriate package, once I get down to almost nothing, I will have to cut open the tube to get the last few uses out of it. It is very moisturizing and seems to last awhile. However, it does not keep the itchy, dry skin at bay for a full 24 hours after using (especially after shaving your legs). I would say it keeps your skin moisturized for about 18 hours at best. That's still not too bad considering the toll a rough winter can take on your skin. Overall, it's a good product for the price and I would recommend.

on 5/31/2014 11:39:00 PM

I cannot stand the smell. I liked it initially in the store, but it smells musky and heavy. I had to foist it off on one of my students who liked it.

on 1/8/2014 1:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this lotion - it feels great and my skin feels wonderful. I like the smell. BUT the lotion is TOO THICK! It is very difficult to get out of the bottle - esp. with lotion on your hands!
How could this company make this mistake - don't they try their own products?
Weird.

on 2/7/2013 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Overall I like this lotion, especially before bed as the lavender scent is very calming. However, it is so very thick that I have a difficult time getting the lotion out of the bottle. As a result, I have moved onto other brands while this bottle languishes on the shelf!

Popular Lotions / Creams