January 29, 2015 | 1961 users online

BB Cream - FLOWER Beauty - BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2015 11:44:00 AM More reviews by twilightbloom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this BB cream. Goes on easy and gives me a flawless look. It lasts all day. It doesn't look fake on me. I prefer this over foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by fashionstyledance

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This BB Cream is awful ...
I have pale skin so I bought the lightest shade and it went on orange and patchy.
Also, this gave my a rash !!!!
I wouldn't recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by spham16

PROS:
- Great coverage - medium to full
- Yellow undertones (great for me as an Asian)
- Affordable (around $12)
- Nice, clean and sanitary squeeze tube packaging
- Good for oily skin (gives a matte finish)

CONS:
- only has 4 options for colors (I have BB2 but it's too light)
- consistency is creamy, but when blended, tends to be dry and chalky (which I guess is what allows it to give a matte finish)
- due to dry chalky texture, it clung to all the dry patches of my combination skin, so definitely NOT FOR DRY SKIN
- Broke me out after the second use!!!! I started noticing small breakouts (subclinical acne) on my forehead.. I guess this product clogged my pores big time :/

Overall:
The packaging says to use fingers to apply, but like others have suggested, I think a dense brush works much better since the product is a little thick. I personally used the Sonia kashuk buffing brush and also tried it with the real techniques expet face brush and it was perfect. I would recommend trying this out for all you ladies with yellow undertones and for those of you who have oily skin. It gives a matte finish but has a chalky texture to it, so I wouldn't recommend it for dry skin. The shade for me was too light (I got BB2) and the next shade after (BB3) is wayyyyyy too dark, which is really unfortunate since everyone else seemed to have found the shades perfect for them :( ... Oh, and it broke me out. Sadly.

Anyways, this product has good coverage, good packaging and is great for those with yellow undertones and oily skin. But it just didn't work for me, so I wouldn't buy it again. Now I gotta figure out what to do with the rest of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by nataliepin

I was originally interested in this product because unlike other drugstore BB creams, this range is fairly yellow in undertone. I got the shade BB2, but probably could have opted for BB1. This was surprisingly good coverage and has a matte-natural finish. I found after a few hours it started to dry up and bunch up in odd places on my face, such as around my nose. I'm not sure if this is because my skin is drier (it's winter) or because of the product. Either way, I do not think it would work well for drier skin.

To sum:
-not long wearing
-can be patchy/dry
-good coverage
-a more yellow toned option
-has not caused breakouts

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2014 1:02:00 AM More reviews by Gatara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

In the world of drugstore foundations, a yellow tone is rather rare. I'm not sure why that is - the majority of the world seems quite yellow indeed, but brands like Covergirl still insist on making very pink foundations, even if they create a high quality product. This is why I'm happy Flower's BB Cream line was very yellow - some pinker reviewers will moan, but they are free to go with the other 99% of brands out there that cater to their skin tone. They can rip this yellowy foundation from my pale yellow hands.

If I was not unfortunate enough, pale yellow is the skintone from hell - short of spending some beaucoup money, pale yellow girls get reduced to... Uh... I think mostly just Revlon Buff, and a few Asian BB Cream shades. Not to knock those foundations at all - love me some Buff, and I'd recommed Skin79 BB Cream in the hot pink.

I bought this in BB1. Reviews vary on the stuff. Some girls claim they are like NC02 and that this was a perfect match. I think people love being special special little unicorns and the concept of being Twilight pale appeals to them. Walking around town, very few people will pop out at you as being ghastly pale. You know why? Because very few people ARE that pale. Reading reviews, you'd assume all foundation was made for Oompa Loompas but this isn't accurate. I'm going to call my skin vaguely NC15ish... It matches Revlon Buff, and it matches BB1. I'm also going to say that despite the best reporting, this stuff is NOT LIGHTER THAN THE PRIVEOUS MENTIONED STUFF. It's not snow in a tube, it's just your run of the mill pale yellow shade, so let's all calm down. I hear the other colours are yellow like butter, and I'm not sure what to say about it, but I'm glad it's at least offered - someone out there loves it.

Things I like about this product include the consistency, which is luckily not like plaster with some foundations. I noticed that with a flat top brush, you really get ideal blending (it was a bit heavy with my fingers) but it spreads evenly. I also like the full coverage, and I feel it's decent on my acne discolouration - but not perfect. I didn't notice much smell, but I'm not the kind to notice that sort of thing. I love the packaging because I feel it's rather hygenic - much more than a pumpless bottle (it's also pretty). I love the price because it's cheap, but I'll go on to say a few points that could have impact on the bang for your buck issue.

Things I dislike about this product include the lack of SPF (I use Biore Aqua Rich SPF50 under this) which I feel is kinda half the point of "BB" cream. I truly think that they wanted to release foundation, tinted moisturizer and an extra foundation, but they rebraded it with "BB" cream with no consideration for what BB really represents. I think this product has a great finish initally, but it only takes a short while for this product to separate on the skin. Powdering it helps a bit, and the Goss method really stretches wear to like 6h, but even then there's considerable collecting of product near my glasses. It also gets a bit greasy looking with no powdering. I'm less of a fan of this in terms of wear than my Colorstay.

PROS:
- Availability
- Price
- Yellow undertones/ Paleness
- Full Coverage and Smooth Consistency
- Packaging

CONS:
- No SPF
- Not longwearing
- Greasy (needs powder)
- Bad range of shades

So if you're willing to work with it a bit, give it a go. :)

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by kyliecooper

The packaging on this is beautiful. What drew me to this product was its lack of SPF, which is rare for a BB cream. I liked this a lot at first, but its color range is very limited. The lightest shade is INCREDIBLY pale- too pale for my skin, which I didn't think was possible. The second shade is really yellow, so I went with this one, but it washed me out. It also seemed to clog my pores; my face felt really gunky when I used it. It was also really drying when I first put it on, with a matte finish, but my T-zone got very oily throughout the day. My advice would be to stay away from this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a love hate relationship with this BB cream... to start off I do have dry skin for the reference, so I usually lean toward BB creams and tinted moisturizers (I really like the Flower tinted moisturizer!) but don't get me wrong I do like my foundations...anywho! this BB cream give ls pretty good coverage for one, I would say light/maybe medium. I love the container hygenic and easy to use up all the product and all of the Flower beauty line looks so sleek and high end! I have the shade BB1 and its a perfect match for my pale/yellowy undertones. one of the things I didn't like to well was the price.. $13 plus tax us price.. also this makes me look flat and dull? which is weird cuz BB creams can sometimes get oily on my t-zone and I notice it did cling to my dry areas but if I moisturize really well it isn't as bad. overall this is great but wouldnt reccomend for dry/really dry skin but hey that's just my opinion:) I will continue to use up.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by StephanieChristine26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So far I like this. First bb cream I've tried and honestly I think it's got more coverage then I wanted or expected. But winter is coming ;) and it will be a great bb cream. Matches my fair warm skin perfect BB1 and I've worn it all day today and it's still has nice coverage going on and has not oxidized. I have combo drier skin so I think I need some better moisturizer u see it and my problem are (chin redness) has started to show thru but it is the end of the day. (I will update if it breaks me out). I think this would be a nice bb for oily skin....

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by bluebutterfly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff rules. Seriously. And here's why I like it: For a BB cream, it covers like a dream. I would go so far as to say this is full coverage. I can hide everything with this. It dries quickly with a nice satin finish. My skin looks like glass. I like that it's more yellow-based. It's cheap enough at $12.99 that I can by a couple tubes to color mix and contour. It doesn't really need a powder to set it ( eh, maybe a little in the T-zone). I always get compliments on my skin when I wear it. What I don't like about it, it has no UVA/UVB protection. Other than that, this is a great foundation and everyone should at least try it. I haven't had the issues with it not lasting like I've seen posted in other reviews. But that's just my experience. Overall, I really like Flower Beauty.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by sakura14

Let's get to the point:

PROS:
Light to medium coverage - for a BB cream this amazes me
Does not break me out

CONS:
I had a hard time selecting my shade.
Combination to oily skin may find the lasting power to be erratic - sometimes I find this long lasting, sometimes I don't.

Even though the product is good, I don't want to repurchase this any more because of its lack of my shade and inconsistency.

I hope you find this review useful :)