December 21, 2014 | 1992 users online

BB Cream - FLOWER Beauty - BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by nataliepin

I was originally interested in this product because unlike other drugstore BB creams, this range is fairly yellow in undertone. I got the shade BB2, but probably could have opted for BB1. This was surprisingly good coverage and has a matte-natural finish. I found after a few hours it started to dry up and bunch up in odd places on my face, such as around my nose. I'm not sure if this is because my skin is drier (it's winter) or because of the product. Either way, I do not think it would work well for drier skin.

To sum:
-not long wearing
-can be patchy/dry
-good coverage
-a more yellow toned option
-has not caused breakouts

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2014 1:02:00 AM More reviews by Gatara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

In the world of drugstore foundations, a yellow tone is rather rare. I'm not sure why that is - the majority of the world seems quite yellow indeed, but brands like Covergirl still insist on making very pink foundations, even if they create a high quality product. This is why I'm happy Flower's BB Cream line was very yellow - some pinker reviewers will moan, but they are free to go with the other 99% of brands out there that cater to their skin tone. They can rip this yellowy foundation from my pale yellow hands.

If I was not unfortunate enough, pale yellow is the skintone from hell - short of spending some beaucoup money, pale yellow girls get reduced to... Uh... I think mostly just Revlon Buff, and a few Asian BB Cream shades. Not to knock those foundations at all - love me some Buff, and I'd recommed Skin79 BB Cream in the hot pink.

I bought this in BB1. Reviews vary on the stuff. Some girls claim they are like NC02 and that this was a perfect match. I think people love being special special little unicorns and the concept of being Twilight pale appeals to them. Walking around town, very few people will pop out at you as being ghastly pale. You know why? Because very few people ARE that pale. Reading reviews, you'd assume all foundation was made for Oompa Loompas but this isn't accurate. I'm going to call my skin vaguely NC15ish... It matches Revlon Buff, and it matches BB1. I'm also going to say that despite the best reporting, this stuff is NOT LIGHTER THAN THE PRIVEOUS MENTIONED STUFF. It's not snow in a tube, it's just your run of the mill pale yellow shade, so let's all calm down. I hear the other colours are yellow like butter, and I'm not sure what to say about it, but I'm glad it's at least offered - someone out there loves it.

Things I like about this product include the consistency, which is luckily not like plaster with some foundations. I noticed that with a flat top brush, you really get ideal blending (it was a bit heavy with my fingers) but it spreads evenly. I also like the full coverage, and I feel it's decent on my acne discolouration - but not perfect. I didn't notice much smell, but I'm not the kind to notice that sort of thing. I love the packaging because I feel it's rather hygenic - much more than a pumpless bottle (it's also pretty). I love the price because it's cheap, but I'll go on to say a few points that could have impact on the bang for your buck issue.

Things I dislike about this product include the lack of SPF (I use Biore Aqua Rich SPF50 under this) which I feel is kinda half the point of "BB" cream. I truly think that they wanted to release foundation, tinted moisturizer and an extra foundation, but they rebraded it with "BB" cream with no consideration for what BB really represents. I think this product has a great finish initally, but it only takes a short while for this product to separate on the skin. Powdering it helps a bit, and the Goss method really stretches wear to like 6h, but even then there's considerable collecting of product near my glasses. It also gets a bit greasy looking with no powdering. I'm less of a fan of this in terms of wear than my Colorstay.

PROS:
- Availability
- Price
- Yellow undertones/ Paleness
- Full Coverage and Smooth Consistency
- Packaging

CONS:
- No SPF
- Not longwearing
- Greasy (needs powder)
- Bad range of shades

So if you're willing to work with it a bit, give it a go. :)

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by kyliecooper

The packaging on this is beautiful. What drew me to this product was its lack of SPF, which is rare for a BB cream. I liked this a lot at first, but its color range is very limited. The lightest shade is INCREDIBLY pale- too pale for my skin, which I didn't think was possible. The second shade is really yellow, so I went with this one, but it washed me out. It also seemed to clog my pores; my face felt really gunky when I used it. It was also really drying when I first put it on, with a matte finish, but my T-zone got very oily throughout the day. My advice would be to stay away from this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a love hate relationship with this BB cream... to start off I do have dry skin for the reference, so I usually lean toward BB creams and tinted moisturizers (I really like the Flower tinted moisturizer!) but don't get me wrong I do like my foundations...anywho! this BB cream give ls pretty good coverage for one, I would say light/maybe medium. I love the container hygenic and easy to use up all the product and all of the Flower beauty line looks so sleek and high end! I have the shade BB1 and its a perfect match for my pale/yellowy undertones. one of the things I didn't like to well was the price.. $13 plus tax us price.. also this makes me look flat and dull? which is weird cuz BB creams can sometimes get oily on my t-zone and I notice it did cling to my dry areas but if I moisturize really well it isn't as bad. overall this is great but wouldnt reccomend for dry/really dry skin but hey that's just my opinion:) I will continue to use up.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by StephanieChristine26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So far I like this. First bb cream I've tried and honestly I think it's got more coverage then I wanted or expected. But winter is coming ;) and it will be a great bb cream. Matches my fair warm skin perfect BB1 and I've worn it all day today and it's still has nice coverage going on and has not oxidized. I have combo drier skin so I think I need some better moisturizer u see it and my problem are (chin redness) has started to show thru but it is the end of the day. (I will update if it breaks me out). I think this would be a nice bb for oily skin....

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by bluebutterfly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff rules. Seriously. And here's why I like it: For a BB cream, it covers like a dream. I would go so far as to say this is full coverage. I can hide everything with this. It dries quickly with a nice satin finish. My skin looks like glass. I like that it's more yellow-based. It's cheap enough at $12.99 that I can by a couple tubes to color mix and contour. It doesn't really need a powder to set it ( eh, maybe a little in the T-zone). I always get compliments on my skin when I wear it. What I don't like about it, it has no UVA/UVB protection. Other than that, this is a great foundation and everyone should at least try it. I haven't had the issues with it not lasting like I've seen posted in other reviews. But that's just my experience. Overall, I really like Flower Beauty.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by sakura14

Let's get to the point:

PROS:
Light to medium coverage - for a BB cream this amazes me
Does not break me out

CONS:
I had a hard time selecting my shade.
Combination to oily skin may find the lasting power to be erratic - sometimes I find this long lasting, sometimes I don't.

Even though the product is good, I don't want to repurchase this any more because of its lack of my shade and inconsistency.

I hope you find this review useful :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by bellemartinz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have finished two of these already and going to buy another. I love it for my light olive skin tone. I use BB2 and love how yellow it is and the coverage is great. It doesnt make me break out. I dont use primer. Only thing is It doesnt last all day for me, I have to reapply once sometimes twice. I've been trying to find something similar but the only option I've found is EX1.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Shopah0lic21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Holy coverage! All I needed was one layer of this stuff and I'm good to go. I've been eyeing this for some time now and finally got it. It's a beautiful finish, and I like that the shades are yellow toned as I have warm skin. As for color selection it sucks. I'm surprised I actually got a colour match but I did(bb3). I only recently got this and these are my views so far. Will update in the future to see how it works out
UPDATE 8/3/14 - Still loving this bb cream! Maybe holy grail status?!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2014 3:50:00 AM More reviews by cthuynh93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

my skin type is dry, cool (or yellow) light medium skin (roughly nc 35)

i got the color bb2 thinking it would match my skin tone based on the color displayed on the packaging, however it's quite misleading.. the color is at least 2 shades lighter, and comes out as a nc20-25 . dumb ol' me didn't google up the swatches prior to purchasing -.-

like others have previously mentioned, this does not feel like a bb cream (the americanized version that has medium coverage and isn't really that matte). this bb cream is very thick and matte, comparable to the cover girl 3 in 1 if not a little bit more. And i know some have mentioned that this foundation line is pretty cool yellow based, but to me it's very yellow (at least for bb2), and i'm very yellow and am actually annoyed that makeup brands do not make yellow of enough colors so that i would still keep my neck shade after it oxides..this product does notize, or even if did it just got darker n not orangy which meant now it matches my skin tone. i gave it a three star since it's a quite drying on my skin. this formula would be perfect for combo skin/ normal with no powder needed or powder if you're a bit more oily, n should be a 4 star in their perspecive