April 19, 2014 | 1923 users online

BB Cream - FLOWER Beauty - BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by shakeyourhips

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. Like others have said, this is more of an actual foundation than a BB cream.
It is one of the only drugstore products that matches my yellow undertone skin. In the cooler months I use this in BB2, in the warmer months (currently) I use BB3. PERFECT match!!!
I apply this with a damp beauty blender over a primer and top with a bit of pressed powder.
It's on the pricier side of drugstore, but worth it for me since the shade match is so spot on.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 9:17:00 AM More reviews by hpayne87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This BB cream is amazing! I can never find the perfect shade to match my Native American skin until now! This cream lasts and lasts. I work 12 hours and it weather's the storm! Only negative I have to share is that if you have very oily skin, this cream doesn't protect against the oil spills! Although it doesn't come off even with the oiliness so that's a plus. Just use an oil blotter! Great product and will be my staple in my morning routine!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:17:00 AM More reviews by asininehi

Although it lasts a long time, its drying and cakey (after moisturizing first obv) so it's not worth it to me. Plus the only color light enough for me was pasty and yellow. It has great coverage for a western bb cream, but none of the benefits of a true bb cream.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by nmesw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ultimately, this broke me out and so I had to give up trying to like it just after a few days. This does have great coverage, especially for a bb cream, let alone most drugstore foundations and shade selection seems to cater to yellow undertones as many drugstore brands do not. But it clogged my skin and had little bumps and pimples when my skin is normally clear. I found the finish too powdery and flat, matte for my older skin. It sank into my pores and was quite visible and cakes. I tend to fall on the drier side of skin though, this might be totally different looking on a younger more oily skintype. I did find this applies easier with a moisturizer or primer right before application, little difficult to blend without that adding slip.
Hope it works for you, sadly it didn't for me :-(

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by avidswapper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is really thick with great coverage, which is phenomenal if you can find a shade match. All of these tend to look orangey, especially on my pale olive toned skin (I tried BB2- 2 dark 2 orange). It also clogged me up after 10 hours of wear. The coverage is really amazing if it agrees with your face... rivals a foundation in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 11:03:00 AM More reviews by makeuplady7

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this bb cream. I have shade bb4. It's matte not greasy and feels good on my mature skin. Only thing, a little goes a long way. I would definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by jordandean

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I enjoy this line, except that it's only at Walmart. The packaging is lovely. I bought BB in the second lightest shade. At first I had a little trouble working with this and I finally realized it goes on more like a matte foundation than a BB cream. The key is to use less than a traditional BB cream and at least for me I mix a tiny bit of moisturizer with my pea sized dab of this to increase the slip so that it is easier to apply as that was my biggest problem. Now that I have this work around I like the finish which is quit matte, the undertone which leans yellow, and the price and the amount is a great value. It lasts well, although I don't tend to run oily. I put it on over smash box primer, set with hourglass ambient light powder and it lasts 10 hours on my normal skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I bought this is 2 colours - BB1 and BB2.

BB1 is a few shades too light for me right now but I may use it when winter sets in and my skin gets lighter.

BB2 is a medium shade that matches my NC25-30 skin perfectly. It has nice neutral yellow undertones so you don't look like a ghost or too pink. I wouldn't actually call this a BB because it has no skincare benefits but it does look good for a foundation.

The pros are:
- really good coverage (light-medium) for an American BB cream, similiar to Dr Jart in consistency making it easy to blend
- can just use this, usually no need for concealer if you use a second layer over problem areas
- inexpensive
- all the shades are natural looking, no weird peachy or pink tones
- no discernible scent or irritating ingredients
- squeeze tube packaging is convenient if you take it with you

The cons are:
- no actual skincare benefits, this is your basic foundation (which doesn't bother me because almost none of the BB's have any benefits and I still use my normal skincare underneath)
- only carried at WalMart or online (at least in my area)
- can creep into fine lines

Overall, I think this is good foundation/base option for any skin
type - I have combo skin and it doesn't get patch-y over dry areas and doesn't look greasy on oily areas. This sets to a semi-matte finish. Not greasy/glow-y like a lot of BB that make me look like an oil spill.

I'm not sure if I would repurchase simply because this isn't amazing or outstanding in any way, it can easily be replaced by any foundation I already own. I like using it and I think it looks nice but it's not something I'm obsessed with.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Cassyray123

This is my HG bb cream. This is the only BB creme that gives me the coverage i need without making my face look too shiny. Ive tried aveeno's bb cream, which made me look like edward cullen in sunshine, and covergirl's bb cream- which did nothing for me but act as a tinted moisturizer. This bb cream actually gave me a healthy glow that wasnt overpowering, and covered all the acne and redness in my face. I also dont have to set it with a powder, which is a HUGE plus.
the only thing negative i have to say about this bb cream is that you can feel it on your skin.
If you apply too much, it will feel like you have a mask on.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 4:42:00 AM More reviews by prettycoyote

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I felt I had to say something positive about this stuff after my experience today.
I've had it in my stash a while. It's surprisingly good coverage as others have mentioned. I'm guilty of having quite a few bb creams/foundations I rotate within, so it had been a while since I had shown Flower BB Cream some love. I did a fairly quick job doing my face in the morning:
Smashbox photo finish primer in light, applied with fingertips
Flower BB Creme applied with fingertips
Light dust of MAC Studio Careblends powder to set
Bronze and blush as usual (Too Faced Chocolate Soliel and misc MAC blush color)

WOW. after a long day I'm thinking 7-8 hours I came home and caught a look in the mirror and thought, damn! My face isn't oily! It looks awesome!
I'm going to credit the primer for allowing the thick BB Creme to have more slip, therefore applying a thinner layer.

I usually have to blot, with this combination I did not. Looked excellent.

So! If you're having trouble with the thick consistency I just thought I'd drop the tip of the primer I used cause I think it made all the difference. I will wear this with confidence on my long days at school!