FLOWER Beauty BB Cream

3.8

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Sorbitan isostearate, Stearoyl Inulin, Caprylyl Dimethicone Ethoxy Glucoside, Cyclohexasiloxane, Aluminum/magnesium hydroxide stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium chloride, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isopropyl titanium triisostearate, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Laureth-4, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Palmitoyl dipeptide-5 diaminobutyroyl hydroxythreonine, Palmitoyl Dipeptide-5 Diaminohydroxybutyrate

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I think this a great product (tbh i don't consider this to be a bb cream due to the awesome full coverage). plus it lacks any spf and it provides a matte finish (these are not cons however in my book). sometimes when i want a lighter coverage i mix it in with a little moisturizer and it still provides good coverage. i love the full coverage, the staying power is pretty decent in comparison to my other matte foundations. the only thing i don't like is it does stick to my dry patches like crazy (i'm currently on retin a)--more so than some of my other foundations. and i love this for its strong yellow undertones, i'm an nc20-25 in mac and my shade is bb2.

on 2/15/2015 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have warm, olive skin, so I struggle to find yellow-toned foundations that are yellow enough to work for me. I bought this because it looked yellow enough and I was looking for a nice, everyday bb cream to wear to school that I wouldn't have to think about. After two months of wear, it seems the search is still on.

*Price: I think it was like $13CAD. Not too bad for the drugstore.
*Packaging: I like the tube concept, because you can control how much product you get, and it has a clear panel where you can see how much product you have left.
*Product: Very thick, very pigmented, very yellow. Extremely so. I sometimes mix a few drops of this with my Mac Face and Body if I want to increase the yellowness and the coverage. The consistency reminds me of a mix between the Rimmel Stay Matte foundation and the Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo foundation.
*Positives: Great coverage, caters to yellow skin tones (rare in non-Asian bb creams), and extremely matte, drying to a powder finish. So if thats what you're after, here it is. It lasts a long time on the skin, I find it hasn't faded much after 6-8 hours out.
*Negatives: On personal preference alone, it smells like death. It also oxidizes a lot darker on me. The colour selection is terrible as well, the next shade up being much, much darker than should make sense. It's heavy, I can definitely feel it on the face. Also there's no SPF or any of the other benefits that a bb cream traditionally yields.

Overall, if you're looking for a matte, full coverage, yellow FOUNDATION from the drugstore, this is it. This can't possibly be considered a bb cream. I can see this being great for people who are interested in the way it wears and performs. Personally I want a bb cream that's lighter and sheerer, with a natural/dewy finish for daily wear. Guess I'm still on the hunt!

I don't know why this is called a BB cream??!! This is a long wearing med-full coverage foundation! And I love it!! It has some cons that might be pros and pros that might be cons for some people. 1. It is very yellow toned-good for me. 2. No SPF-ok for me as I always use a separate sunscreen anyway. 3. Can be a little drying- I have normal-dry skin and how I get around this is moisturize well underneath and have no problem with it clinging to dry patches, it blends well. 4. It is matte- I like a more satin or luminous finish, so I use MAC Strobe Cream underneath and it looks beautiful!! 5. Great coverage-I love a full coverage! 6. Long wearing-who doesn't love long wearing!! This is up there with ELDW! I think this is going to be phenomenal in the summer (I bought beginning of the winter). I use shade BB2, and am a NC20-25. I will buy again!!

on 2/1/2015 3:47:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I have had this in my kit for quite some time; I don't use it that often as with hard water drying me out I have opted for cream formulas. I decided to give it a try again today and it looked amazing- my face is sensitive with a lot of redness, some fine lines and very dry with the exception of the t zone. Everything was covered perfectly.
Be advised this is very, very yellow based. Consistency is between that of a tinted moisturizer and a thicker type foundation; more on the foundation side. It may take some blending into the skin. I'm NC20-25 and BB2 is a good match. When I used this today I prepped my skin with sweet almond oil and Nivea, the Flower illuminating primer then the BB cream. I feel like my complexion is hydrated for the first time in a long time; I will be using this more in the future.

on 1/17/2015 11:44:00 AM

I absolutely love this BB cream. Goes on easy and gives me a flawless look. It lasts all day. It doesn't look fake on me. I prefer this over foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This BB Cream is awful ...
I have pale skin so I bought the lightest shade and it went on orange and patchy.
Also, this gave my a rash !!!!
I wouldn't recommend this product.

on 12/24/2014 1:32:00 PM

PROS:
- Great coverage - medium to full
- Yellow undertones (great for me as an Asian)
- Affordable (around $12)
- Nice, clean and sanitary squeeze tube packaging
- Good for oily skin (gives a matte finish)

CONS:
- only has 4 options for colors (I have BB2 but it's too light)
- consistency is creamy, but when blended, tends to be dry and chalky (which I guess is what allows it to give a matte finish)
- due to dry chalky texture, it clung to all the dry patches of my combination skin, so definitely NOT FOR DRY SKIN
- Broke me out after the second use!!!! I started noticing small breakouts (subclinical acne) on my forehead.. I guess this product clogged my pores big time :/

Overall:
The packaging says to use fingers to apply, but like others have suggested, I think a dense brush works much better since the product is a little thick. I personally used the Sonia kashuk buffing brush and also tried it with the real techniques expet face brush and it was perfect. I would recommend trying this out for all you ladies with yellow undertones and for those of you who have oily skin. It gives a matte finish but has a chalky texture to it, so I wouldn't recommend it for dry skin. The shade for me was too light (I got BB2) and the next shade after (BB3) is wayyyyyy too dark, which is really unfortunate since everyone else seemed to have found the shades perfect for them :( ... Oh, and it broke me out. Sadly.

Anyways, this product has good coverage, good packaging and is great for those with yellow undertones and oily skin. But it just didn't work for me, so I wouldn't buy it again. Now I gotta figure out what to do with the rest of it.

on 12/17/2014 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was originally interested in this product because unlike other drugstore BB creams, this range is fairly yellow in undertone. I got the shade BB2, but probably could have opted for BB1. This was surprisingly good coverage and has a matte-natural finish. I found after a few hours it started to dry up and bunch up in odd places on my face, such as around my nose. I'm not sure if this is because my skin is drier (it's winter) or because of the product. Either way, I do not think it would work well for drier skin.

To sum:
-not long wearing
-can be patchy/dry
-good coverage
-a more yellow toned option
-has not caused breakouts

on 12/2/2014 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

In the world of drugstore foundations, a yellow tone is rather rare. I'm not sure why that is - the majority of the world seems quite yellow indeed, but brands like Covergirl still insist on making very pink foundations, even if they create a high quality product. This is why I'm happy Flower's BB Cream line was very yellow - some pinker reviewers will moan, but they are free to go with the other 99% of brands out there that cater to their skin tone. They can rip this yellowy foundation from my pale yellow hands.

If I was not unfortunate enough, pale yellow is the skintone from hell - short of spending some beaucoup money, pale yellow girls get reduced to... Uh... I think mostly just Revlon Buff, and a few Asian BB Cream shades. Not to knock those foundations at all - love me some Buff, and I'd recommed Skin79 BB Cream in the hot pink.

I bought this in BB1. Reviews vary on the stuff. Some girls claim they are like NC02 and that this was a perfect match. I think people love being special special little unicorns and the concept of being Twilight pale appeals to them. Walking around town, very few people will pop out at you as being ghastly pale. You know why? Because very few people ARE that pale. Reading reviews, you'd assume all foundation was made for Oompa Loompas but this isn't accurate. I'm going to call my skin vaguely NC15ish... It matches Revlon Buff, and it matches BB1. I'm also going to say that despite the best reporting, this stuff is NOT LIGHTER THAN THE PRIVEOUS MENTIONED STUFF. It's not snow in a tube, it's just your run of the mill pale yellow shade, so let's all calm down. I hear the other colours are yellow like butter, and I'm not sure what to say about it, but I'm glad it's at least offered - someone out there loves it.

Things I like about this product include the consistency, which is luckily not like plaster with some foundations. I noticed that with a flat top brush, you really get ideal blending (it was a bit heavy with my fingers) but it spreads evenly. I also like the full coverage, and I feel it's decent on my acne discolouration - but not perfect. I didn't notice much smell, but I'm not the kind to notice that sort of thing. I love the packaging because I feel it's rather hygenic - much more than a pumpless bottle (it's also pretty). I love the price because it's cheap, but I'll go on to say a few points that could have impact on the bang for your buck issue.

Things I dislike about this product include the lack of SPF (I use Biore Aqua Rich SPF50 under this) which I feel is kinda half the point of "BB" cream. I truly think that they wanted to release foundation, tinted moisturizer and an extra foundation, but they rebraded it with "BB" cream with no consideration for what BB really represents. I think this product has a great finish initally, but it only takes a short while for this product to separate on the skin. Powdering it helps a bit, and the Goss method really stretches wear to like 6h, but even then there's considerable collecting of product near my glasses. It also gets a bit greasy looking with no powdering. I'm less of a fan of this in terms of wear than my Colorstay.

PROS:
- Availability
- Price
- Yellow undertones/ Paleness
- Full Coverage and Smooth Consistency
- Packaging

CONS:
- No SPF
- Not longwearing
- Greasy (needs powder)
- Bad range of shades

So if you're willing to work with it a bit, give it a go. :)

on 11/21/2014 3:40:00 PM

The packaging on this is beautiful. What drew me to this product was its lack of SPF, which is rare for a BB cream. I liked this a lot at first, but its color range is very limited. The lightest shade is INCREDIBLY pale- too pale for my skin, which I didn't think was possible. The second shade is really yellow, so I went with this one, but it washed me out. It also seemed to clog my pores; my face felt really gunky when I used it. It was also really drying when I first put it on, with a matte finish, but my T-zone got very oily throughout the day. My advice would be to stay away from this product!