July 31, 2014 | 2050 users online

Loose Powders - Chanel - Poudre Universelle Libre - Reverie

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2013 3:35:00 AM More reviews by ReecesPeeces

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love sparkles, so it is no surprise that I love this finishing powder. The sparkles are obvious, but not large or gaudy. They look absolutely beautiful across the decolletage. I don't think I would wear this to the grocery store, and there is enough in the container to last me through a great many holiday work parties. In evening lighting, the twinkling is very ethereal and delicate. Makes me feel very pretty and delicate.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by annalorelei

This is a beautiful seasonal party product. The powder base is angel-fine and it has superfine gold glitter flecks throughout. This is not a daytime powder, it has a LOT of glitter! However the glitter particles are so fine and delicate that for an evening sparkle it does not look cheap or too much in the way that most glittery face products do. A very light dusting over the face with a little extra on the cheekbones and collar bone creates a beautiful delicate sparkle for special occasions. Of course if you tried to wear it to the office it would be far too much, but that is not the idea of the chanel christmas special editions! I would not buy again because I doubt I will need to, the massive pot will last me forever! Packaging beautiful as always with Chanel. EDIT; don't use the puff provided to apply this powder it's WAY too much! Tapped brush only!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by liangaf1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Chanel loose powders are great - they come in a huge tub, last forever, have a nice puff which I actually sometimes use, and are generally a very reliable item (even though courtesy of Temptalia I've come to discover the superior quality of Guerlain Voiles loos powder - even though the container is badly designed and the puff is rough). The base of this powder is really nice...but the glitter! Good grief, that glitter! What were they thinking? Looking into the container is so fun - it's so pretty! Glitter! Sparkle! Pretty! It's very small flecks of metallic glitter. But after gazing at it for two months and trying it only once as a highlighter on my cheeks (NOT successful because of the glitter) I thought 'today is the day! I will use it as a powder!' I immediately wished I could wash my face and start over, but alas who has time for that on a work day morning? My face looks ridiculous. I am blessed with good skin, and yet it highlighted any textural irregularity on my forehead (which is totally minimal usually, and looked very prominent courtesy of glitter). I've read online reviews suggesting it may make a good body powder - this is how it has merited a 3. I do not think it will look good on anyone's face, regardless of age.