August 20, 2014 | 1999 users online

Blush - Sephora - Double Contouring Cream Blush Flashy Fuschia

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Creme blushes seem to be big again, thanks largely to Chanel's Le Blush Creme blushes, which seem to have "repopularized" cream blush. I was quite happy to consider jumping on this particular bandwagon and went to look at these blushes last week when I was passing the Chanel counter. I was a bit disappointed because all but one of the blushes seemed pretty peach-toned and that's not a great colour for me. There was one (perhaps it was Affinite but I'm not sure; there's a part of me that things they might not have had all the colours) that was more pink toned but not enough for me to shell out the $45 or whatever it is these cost in Canada just to try it. So I was delighted to see that Sephora also has a cream blush formulation with 2 shades that would work for me and they're a reasonable $20 CDN each. I swatched them both on my hand and was quite amazed by how long they lasted (though hand washing, putting on hand cream - you name it).

I decided to go back to get Flashy Fuchsia, which looks more like a deep, dark, quite scary red. And you really need to use a light hand with these - I mean, seriously LIGHT and careful. I use my finger to apply a small, thin "smudge" and then blend this out like crazy with a Real Techniques buffing brush. This imparts the most lovely "Snow White cheeks" sort of look and perhaps because this is a cream, it truly looks like your skin is glowing from within rather than that you're wearing nice blush. But be warned - it is far too easy to overdo this because it is so pigmented so maybe practise with it a few times before you wash your face at night. And if you do end up with flaming cheeks, a bit of powder or liquid foundation swept over-top will help tone down the intensity. Colour lasts all day without fading (and then some!). There seems to be a LOT of product in the container and, given how little you need, I'm sure this would last for years and years.

I have to say the name is more than a little confusing. When I looked at these online, some of the photos did look like there were 2 slightly different coloured sides to the blush. And when I asked for this at Sephora, the SA tried to hand me a bunch of bronzer/contouring pans - even SHE didn't know what the product was. To be honest, I don't get what's "double" about this or what's "contouring", for that matter....

Do consider checking out these blushes - there are several shades to choose from including some peach and coral ones for those who like warmer toned blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by cloughman

Finding blush in a color that works for me is very difficult - most are too peach or too brown. This color is perfect - a "blue-ish" red that is good for a fair to medium complexion with pink undertones. I apply it with a flat foundation blush - a little goes a long way as the product is highly pigmented. Easy to blend, and gradually layer on more color. Lasts all day long. On top of that, it is very reasonably priced. Prior to buying this blush, I was using Benetint (Rose) which I liked, but not as much as this blush, as it was more difficult to control placement and depth of color. Plus, this Sephora product is half the price. The packaging is a little tricky, you have to squeeze the sides to open the lid, but it's fine once you get used to it. I'd rather save money - fancy packaging is not important to me.