December 20, 2014 | 1633 users online

Pressed Powders - NARS - Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by Floryasoka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is my HG powder.. I've tried the other high end brands none of them makes me fall in love like this. I live in a very high humidity climate, hot, sweaty, and my face is very oily easily after 2-4hours. Other high end product would disappear and left a chalky greasy feeling on the skin. NARS is very nice and solid on the skin. When I dusted using brush, it doesn't show any dusty flies. during the day, my skin is still oily but in a beautiful way.. I can say less oily but reflects the glowy of my skin. I can not say that this product mattifying my face. its just control oil since my face is really oily.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2014 8:58:00 AM More reviews by historian12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

After reading all the great reviews of this product, I decided to give it a try. It was a huge disappointment for me. It just made my skin look shiny and left a whitish cast. It also did nothing to control oil. It did nothing to blur my pores and fine wrinkles. In fact, it settled into my pores, making them more noticeable. I definitely would not recommend this for anyone with oily skin. The only positive for me was the packaging, which is both sturdy and elegant. I ended up returning it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by carlybabes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is a staple for me! I can't use most silica powders because they emphasize my dryness, but LRP actually gives me a glow, while keeping the semi-matte satin look that I love. The loose version is also fantastic, but the pressed is very portable, and delivers just enough powder to my skin without ever looking powdery. I use a fluffy synthetic brush, and it always looks perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by MimiPucheto

This is my go-to setting powder when I want to achieve a "makeup no makeup" look. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by TKhamvongsa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've actually repurchased this. I have dry sensitive acne prone skin and use this as a "finishing" powder. It gives off a nice natural sheen to you foundation. If you use a fluffy brush and lightly brush it over your face - it won't mattify your foundation hence why it's great for dry skin.

Pros:
Finish is amazing
This lasts me 1+ year
Not drying
Blends/mends into skin well after applying and after 8 hours of wear

Cons:
Price

It's a tad expensive but it is a great product. The only powder I use to achieve that "radiant" sheen.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by ortegana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Can't stop using it, my hG! far from only being a mattifier (what i thought i only was looking for at first) it blurs imperfections and fine lines with just one touch, sincerly, i love it because i have always suffered real acne and big pores, and as much as i prefer the dewy look i had resigned myself to seach for a matte look wich wouldn't emphasized my imperfections. But with this product you get everything, a natural matte and inmaculated skin.
After wearing many foundations on, i came to the conclusion that the less is the best for my skin, this powder meliorates the compelxion of ur skin and lately i only mosturize my skin, conceal my acne and put this on and i look flawless for a longer time,

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by kbam17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have had a very love-hate relationship with my NARS Pressed Powder. I got it as all over setting powder and loved it for the first few applications. As time wore on, however, I found I had to work harder and harder to achieve the same results. Finally I gave up and packed it in my purse as an emergency touch up powder. I only realized much later that it had developed the dreaded 'film' and it was preventing my brush from picking up any product at all! Now that I've cleaned it off again (using a spoolie to scrape off and tape to pull off the 'film'), it's been setting my under-eye concealer like a dream again. If you want the best out of this product, please only use a clean brush! I'm guessing because it's a setting powder, it's extremely susceptible to soaking up all the oils from your brush.

Pros:
* very finely milled
* sets concealer and foundation well
* not powdery or chalky
* long-lasting

Cons:
* must be used with a clean brush (yes, every time)
* pretty expensive

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by bribi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I usually go for loose powders, and had the loose powder version at the counter before quickly running back and swapping it out for this. I'm glad I did. I was using Ben nye translucent setting powder for years, which is awesome for summer because it absorbs everything, but it was drying out my skin and my makeup was looking cakey. This is the total opposite. It looks shimmery if you swatch it on the pad of your finger but once you blend it out, it's the PERFECT finish. I don't like looking "airbrushed" because I just associate that with looking fuzzy; this gives you that smooth, flawless porcelain finish, that's somehow simultaneously glowy and matte. And it's SO light. At the end of the day, nothing is cakey, or has slid at all. It's truly amazing. The ONLY thing I don't like is that because it's so lightweight, and pressed, it's hard to evenly cover your skin if you aren't careful. Like, not much product comes out and you can't really tell where is covered and where isn't, so it's really essential to let your makeup set before applying or it will stick in concentrated areas. I'm still experimenting with different tools though, for applying this, so once I figure out the best way, I'm sure it'll be amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2014 4:28:00 PM More reviews by keekz

this may be my HG...i walked into Sephora wanting to buy the Nars loose powder but they have since discontinued it.

When the sales lady directed me to this powder instead, i was really hesitant that it would not do the job i needed it to do- absorb excess oil, not build up/look cakey after a work day, and honestly be translucent. This powder thankfully does all of the above! i have exctremely oily skin and when i put this powder on, i am shine free for hours. im so oily that when i go into the washroom, even with this powder, im still expecting to see an oily slick. I keep staring at myself because i look airbrushed, honestly, and im thrilled.

The one thing i dislike about the powder is the shimmer in it, sometimes with a heavy hand it can look a bit much ? nothing crazy, but that is one slight downfall. the packaging is very cute and comes with its own carrying case as well as sponge (but its best to apply with a flat powder brush so it really picks up product).

As far as price, i really dont mind paying $30-40 dollars for quality products, which this is and Sephora has such a great return policy that returns are never an issue in case this didnt workout.

I highly recomment this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 10:04:00 PM More reviews by MiOhMai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder looks amazing on the skin and photographs well if you use a light hand. The package presentation gives that luxury brand appeal. It blurs imperfections. Definitely one of my must have products.