November 23, 2014 | 1789 users online

Pressed Powders - NARS - Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by kbam17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have had a very love-hate relationship with my NARS Pressed Powder. I got it as all over setting powder and loved it for the first few applications. As time wore on, however, I found I had to work harder and harder to achieve the same results. Finally I gave up and packed it in my purse as an emergency touch up powder. I only realized much later that it had developed the dreaded 'film' and it was preventing my brush from picking up any product at all! Now that I've cleaned it off again (using a spoolie to scrape off and tape to pull off the 'film'), it's been setting my under-eye concealer like a dream again. If you want the best out of this product, please only use a clean brush! I'm guessing because it's a setting powder, it's extremely susceptible to soaking up all the oils from your brush.

Pros:
* very finely milled
* sets concealer and foundation well
* not powdery or chalky
* long-lasting

Cons:
* must be used with a clean brush (yes, every time)
* pretty expensive

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by bribi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I usually go for loose powders, and had the loose powder version at the counter before quickly running back and swapping it out for this. I'm glad I did. I was using Ben nye translucent setting powder for years, which is awesome for summer because it absorbs everything, but it was drying out my skin and my makeup was looking cakey. This is the total opposite. It looks shimmery if you swatch it on the pad of your finger but once you blend it out, it's the PERFECT finish. I don't like looking "airbrushed" because I just associate that with looking fuzzy; this gives you that smooth, flawless porcelain finish, that's somehow simultaneously glowy and matte. And it's SO light. At the end of the day, nothing is cakey, or has slid at all. It's truly amazing. The ONLY thing I don't like is that because it's so lightweight, and pressed, it's hard to evenly cover your skin if you aren't careful. Like, not much product comes out and you can't really tell where is covered and where isn't, so it's really essential to let your makeup set before applying or it will stick in concentrated areas. I'm still experimenting with different tools though, for applying this, so once I figure out the best way, I'm sure it'll be amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2014 4:28:00 PM More reviews by keekz

this may be my HG...i walked into Sephora wanting to buy the Nars loose powder but they have since discontinued it.

When the sales lady directed me to this powder instead, i was really hesitant that it would not do the job i needed it to do- absorb excess oil, not build up/look cakey after a work day, and honestly be translucent. This powder thankfully does all of the above! i have exctremely oily skin and when i put this powder on, i am shine free for hours. im so oily that when i go into the washroom, even with this powder, im still expecting to see an oily slick. I keep staring at myself because i look airbrushed, honestly, and im thrilled.

The one thing i dislike about the powder is the shimmer in it, sometimes with a heavy hand it can look a bit much ? nothing crazy, but that is one slight downfall. the packaging is very cute and comes with its own carrying case as well as sponge (but its best to apply with a flat powder brush so it really picks up product).

As far as price, i really dont mind paying $30-40 dollars for quality products, which this is and Sephora has such a great return policy that returns are never an issue in case this didnt workout.

I highly recomment this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 10:04:00 PM More reviews by MiOhMai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder looks amazing on the skin and photographs well if you use a light hand. The package presentation gives that luxury brand appeal. It blurs imperfections. Definitely one of my must have products.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2014 4:26:00 AM More reviews by Dianaphamfatale

Guys, this is such a wonderful product.

It's so finely milled and sits on your face so nicely, with the best and loveliest dewy finish. I have dry to combination skin, and it really controls shine on my forehead and cheeks. I've had it on for about 8 hours and my skin/ foundation looks awesome.

Totally try it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 5:02:00 AM More reviews by sharybee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love. Out of all the powdered products I have used ... Laura Mercier translucent powder and powder foundation, MAC skin finishes and HD powder, MUFE HD powder, Shu Uemura compact powder, Chanel compact powders, Clinique compact powder, Tarte powder foundation, Dior nude skin power... I think that's about it... this is the best powder I have ever tried.

OK, let's get down to the review. I have combination skin, namely oily on the forehead and cheeks, and all the powders I have used, namely the above mentioned, somehow all will end up looking cakey or powdery which would eventually oxidize on me after a couple of hours. This however doesn't do that. What it does is that it just leaves a light dusting of power, which is translucent, on the face and no matter how much powder you brush over the pan, it will always be a light dusting of powder that would adhere onto the skin. You will never be able to cake it up as only what's needed will adhere. My skin somehow doesn't feel oily or at least it doesn't look oily throughout the day but what it will show is luminosity which means no oxidization. YEA!! I will sometime, if have spent way too long outside in the humid heat, re-powder after blotting away the oils which have not oxidize, and the face will look clean and fresh once again.

I have used this powder for the past month and have come to the conclusion that I will continue to use/buy it til the end of days... or until something even more amazing comes along.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 5:19:00 AM More reviews by Pukkalicious

The packaging is simple, practical but looks good. It is handy in your handbag for matifying during the day.

At first it didn't seem that I was getting any product on the brush and was getting rather annoyed but I persevered and now this is my HG setting/blotting powder. You just don't need very much for the desired effect, which means it lasts longer!

I use it over Bareminerals powder foundation and nyx powder foundation and it looks really natural.

If your looking for a lightweight powder that's great in the go, then this is it. I will definately be buying again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 4:32:00 AM More reviews by ShaShagirl87

this powder is simply gorgeous when applied...it really is TRANSLUCENT! and on top of that the actual finish is just lovely and (WOC freindly)...I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 7:28:00 AM More reviews by MissSkye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is such a great setting powder, I have quite pale skin so adding a pigmented powder over my liquid foundation normally makes me look too dark, so when I came across this I had high hopes. Because its pressed, it doesn't add too much product to your face, so you don't look powdery (never a good look). It's especially good if you just want to use the sponge to pat it over your t zone. I use a light dusting all-over my ELDW with a bobbi brown powder brush before applying blush and highlighter. I have also noticed that this photographs really well (which is always a concern with white powders) I also use it over BB creams and tinted moisturisers and it works really well, keeping shine and oil at bay, even with exercise. Will definitely be repurchasing (if it ever runs out?!) love love love it!
xoxo Miss Skye

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Narsfanatic

Simply the best. It has a finish that is neither too matte nor too shiny. Sets makeup perfectly. I actually gave up on my guerlain meteorites for this. Love using it with the highly efficient nars Botan brush