February 1, 2015 | 1147 users online

Pressed Powders - NARS - Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2015 5:55:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is so special. Truly is a "photo shop" miracle in a compact. I apply this last after finishing all of my makeup and it gives life back to the skin but also keeps skin matte all day. I'm not sure how it works! This also brightens up my undereyes after applying concealer and makes them look more natural...less made up but brighter. A word of caution, it is SO easy to overdo this. Just a touch here and there is honestly enough and will keep you matte even if you are naturally oily. This product is also so great because it seems to counteract oxidation that usually seems to happen to foundation as the day goes on-but NARS LRPP keeps your makeup looking fresh and clean. I should add that I'm sensitive to the silicones as I am with most products, but my face slowly acclimates and learns to tolerate them. I had a mild reaction at first that went away, and frankly the product was too good to not keep it anyway.

The pressed version is also FAR SUPERIOR to the loose powder version. I actually hated the loose version as it left a white cast on my olive toned skin. The pressed is truly invisible! This is the first "HD powder" I've been able to use being that is is truly invisible. Miracle product, HG x10.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2015 3:48:00 AM More reviews by Shellfinz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have just recently purchased the Nars Light Reflecting Pressed Powder from MECCA at Kirkcaldie & Stains (Wellington, NZ). Once again the NARS assistant was fantastic. She explained how the product works, will look, the finish etc. So I bought the Pressed Powder instead of the Loose. Comes beautifully boxes, and with a sleek black plastic slip cover. Kept my makeup looking fresh all day with a slight glow but not a Cakey coverage. love it! Next purchase will be a wintercFoundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2015 3:33:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

First off let me say that I have never been a powder person. I have oily skin and have tried every powder under the sun but I can't stand the way powder looks over makeup. I just have the type of skin that can make any product cake up and look terrible. Especially when using it to touch up throughout the day. It got to the point where I preferred looking a little oily throughout the day as opposed to dry and dull and I quit using power all together. But I've recently realized that I just can't make it though eighteen hour days without some sort of power. I tried a few of the white loose finishing powers, and they weren't terrible, but they were too messy to take with me and didn't do much for me.

I'm so glad I decided to give this stuff a try. Looking at in the pan it almost looks like it's going to be way too sparkly, but it's completely undetectable on the skin. A tiny bit goes the longest way to set makeup, and I've definitely noticed increased longevity in any makeup that I wear under this stuff. And it is a god send for touch ups. Because it doesn't look heavy or alter the look of your makeup in any way. It just mattifies without making you look flat. Super impressed with this stuff. And the packaging is perfect. So much better than a messy loose powder. Well worth the money in my opinion, especially if you've tried every powder in existence and just can't stand the look they give. Love.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2015 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Wrosie

I am impressed with this product especially it being my first translucent powder. I apply to my under eyes to set my concealer and to parts of my face where I would get oily and in areas that have visible pores. I absolutely loved that it keep my face the same way I applied my makeup hours later. It help tame my oily areas and give my skin a smooth finish. It also kept my concealer to stay put and found little to no creasing under my eyes. It also doesn't make my skin look dry or too matte, just a natural finish. The only negative is not to apply a lot of product because the skin can get dry and stuck to dry areas; so less is more even though its hard to tell if your putting anything on your face. Once I hit pan with product I would seek to buy it again, especially when it cones with its own little pouch, sponge applicator and a mirror.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by brittspurlock

This powder is absolutely amazing. I don't like setting my foundations with powder because I have always aimed for a dewy finish personally. This sets in terms of wicking the "wetness" from the skin but doesn't take away from the healthy glow that a foundation or tinted moisturizer provides. I have decided that I will get the loose powder to keep at home and keep the pressed in my make up bag.. great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Hera94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am tempted to try the loose version in hopes that it would be just as good as this one if not better. I absolutely love the fact that it doesn't add color, or add weight to the base that I am wearing. It doesn't cake up. It doesn't make my face look matte or emphasize the dry flakes of my face or the oilyness down my T-zone. This is a staple for me. It looks sparkly in the pan but thats not how it translate on the face.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by Floryasoka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is my HG powder.. I've tried the other high end brands none of them makes me fall in love like this. I live in a very high humidity climate, hot, sweaty, and my face is very oily easily after 2-4hours. Other high end product would disappear and left a chalky greasy feeling on the skin. NARS is very nice and solid on the skin. When I dusted using brush, it doesn't show any dusty flies. during the day, my skin is still oily but in a beautiful way.. I can say less oily but reflects the glowy of my skin. I can not say that this product mattifying my face. its just control oil since my face is really oily.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2014 8:58:00 AM More reviews by historian12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

After reading all the great reviews of this product, I decided to give it a try. It was a huge disappointment for me. It just made my skin look shiny and left a whitish cast. It also did nothing to control oil. It did nothing to blur my pores and fine wrinkles. In fact, it settled into my pores, making them more noticeable. I definitely would not recommend this for anyone with oily skin. The only positive for me was the packaging, which is both sturdy and elegant. I ended up returning it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by carlybabes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is a staple for me! I can't use most silica powders because they emphasize my dryness, but LRP actually gives me a glow, while keeping the semi-matte satin look that I love. The loose version is also fantastic, but the pressed is very portable, and delivers just enough powder to my skin without ever looking powdery. I use a fluffy synthetic brush, and it always looks perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by MimiPucheto

This is my go-to setting powder when I want to achieve a "makeup no makeup" look. Love it.