December 18, 2014 | 1652 users online

Hair Treatments - Hollywood Beauty-Olive Cholesterol

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by bubblygirl

I love Hollywood Beauty products because they're really affordable, yet (mostly) natural and give great results.

I use this product as my regular conditioner; I apply it generously to sections of my hair right after I shampoo and then clip it up to let it soak in while I finish the rest of my shower. The product is super thick and gel-like in consistency; I can turn the entire container upside down and it doesn't come out of the jar. It honestly looks kind of revolting, but it does significantly soften and provide slip for my hair, so I can mostly ignore the weirdness of the texture.

What I can't deal with is the revolting artificial grape scent. It is so strong and awful. Thankfully I don't smell it out of the shower, but I feel like the performance isn't HG-enough to excuse the power of the fragrance. It's so weird--I've used other products in the Olive line such as the olive oil and the olive cream hairdress. Both of those have a similar rose scent (though the hairdress is a bit more powdery and softer than that of the oil) that I love, and I don't understand why the company decided not to use that fragrance in these products. Therefore, even though it works well, I only give it three lippies and won't repurchase.

I'm debating trying the carrot cholesterol conditioner instead and seeing if it delivers equal results in a more pleasant scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 3:44:00 PM More reviews by emmjaepenniman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have relaxed hair and I used this product for 6 weeks. I love the sweet smell and how thick it is. I used it after shampooing as a regular conditioner, leaving it on my hair for 10 minutes with a plastic shower cap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by staci13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is awesome! I like to slather my hair with this product and leave it in for hours..and wrap my hair in a scarf and do housework while this product works it's magic on my hair. Then I shampoo it out and condition like normal and it seems to totally restore body, sheen and vibrance to my hair. My hair takes a lot of abuse with coloring and use of hair dryer/flat iron, so having this around is a life saver. I also like to use it after coloring (I use box dyes) instead of using the conditioners that are provided with the coloring kit. I will also leave it in for an extended period of time after coloring. I also think it smells nice, and sometimes you will smell it in your hair even after washing your hair 2 or 3 times after the initial application. I think the price and quantity is the best part, you can get a big tub of it for under 5 dollars. Such a bargain!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by AnikaAnswer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This didn't really do anything for my hair

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Flippinsushi

I should start off by saying I'm not black, but my hair is frizz-prone and lately has been very tangled and overall looking crappy. In any case I slathered this all over my hair and kept it on overnight. My hair is really long so I was surprised at how little I had to use in order to completely saturate my hair. Anyway I am so excited about how soft and smooth my hair is now, like it used to feel after I got Brazilian Keratin done. The smell is also great. I figure I'll have to keep using it overnight every couple days to keep the results, but at $3 for a jar that's probably going to last me a long time, I have no complaints.