April 17, 2014 | 1001 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Super BB All-in-1 Beauty Balm Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 2:15:00 AM More reviews by Kimber81

This powder is amazing. It really does smooth everything out, I apply it over a tinted moisturizer and dab this on. It doesn't settle in lines like I was having problems with mineral makeup. My skin is not easy to match but the light/med actually works. I run out of it fairly quickly. There's not a lot of product in that bulky compact. And since it is like a powder foundation, I lightly dust translucent over it so it doesn't smudge.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by lyrastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never give five stars to PF because as nice as their powders might be, I can't really use them for lack of good color selection. I want to be able to use all their facepowders and not just the occasional bronzer for "blush" - its very frustrating to me. But this was a pleasant surprise!
It's super quick and easy to apply, feels very light on the skin, and really diffuses imperfections. I was in love with their Airbrush powder with 30spf but - alas - I had to return it because of bad coloring. Same with their organic loose powder, it was so lovely! Anyhow, somehow this one works on me.
I still get very oily and have to blot with paper, but I never expect a powder to really control that and I can't really use primers.
I don't notice a huge problem with the glowy effect of this powder enhancing my oiliness. Perhaps that is because I'm always blotting anyway. But I can see how it would make some other oily people feel "greasy" or cakey. I don't really feel that way though, and I'm quite oily.
I'll probably try applying a more absorbent powder underneath and try layering just to see how that works.
So far, I apply this over my Trader Joes sunscreen moisturizer, and lightly dust this all over with a little extra over scars on cheeks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by g60girl

I may have found a replacement for my discontinued HG Prescriptives AnyWear powder foundation. Most powder foundations either accentuate my flaws (pores, flaky dry skin patches) OR just don't give enough coverage. This can be layered to adjust coverage. For a smooth finish I would apply with a nice brush over moisturizer and primer. For $12 at Target I honestly wasn't expecting it to be this great! I love when I am pleasantly surprised.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 4:14:00 AM More reviews by BeautyBrunette16

I have been really into trying powder foundations recently and tried this. I like the nice coverage it gives and is a satin finish. Great for traveling or on the go.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 4:10:00 AM More reviews by cecilelpham

This powder gives me a natural, medium coverage. It is very good for evening out skin tone and diminishing any redness. The light-medium shade is a perfect match for me also. The powder doesn't break me out and does not accentuate the pores on my nose. Lastly it has SPF 30 which I definitely appreciate.

However even though this is a powder, I still get oily all over my face, especially my T-zone. Also, I think I'm the only person to say this, but I don't like the packaging. Even though Physician's Formula is a drugstore product, the shiny lettering in the front makes it look very cheap. However I love the product inside so I will continue to purchase this powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Melancholia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

There's alot of people that don't like this product and I don't know why. I myself have Dry skin so powder isn't something I gravitate to often. I love this product though, it gives me great coverage and my skin looks flawless. I love full coverage foundations even though I don't need them, this definetly isn't full coverage but it covers what I need and it was definetly a great product during the summer when it was hot and sweaty my face never looks oily! Love it will be repurchasing. And if your wondering I applied it with my elf powder brush and it works wonders!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2013 5:17:00 AM More reviews by alasia1

I bought this because I love BB cream and I thought this was a really smart concept. But turns out I was wrong, this powder does just as much for me as my Wet N Wild Coverall Powder that's $4.00. I've used this powder by itself, I've worn it over foundation, over BB cream,over lotion, I've wet my brush and applied it, I've tried everything and I cannot seem to make this work for me. All I can use it for is to cover under my chin and neck for extra coverage. I bought it mostly for covering acne and pores but boy does it enhance them. I had high hopes but it didn't work out for me. Good regular powder but I can buy any powder and have the same effect, with more color choices.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Ginadili

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

GREAT! APPLY TO WELL MOISTURIZED SKIN, EVEN BETTER WITH A PRIMER, WITH A STIPPLE BRUSH WITH A LIGHT HAND, LOOKS AIRBRUSHED BETTER THAN DIOR AIRFLASH! I COMPARED MYSELF, AWESOME, BUT PF NEEDS TO OFFER MORE COLOR OPTIONS FOR SURE.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am a much bigger fan of the BB Powder from this line than I am of the BB Cream. I would say if you like to try powder foundations you should give this one a try. I was very impressed.

-packaging is ADORABLE. A little bulky but super cute.
-the coverage is extremely impressive for a powder. I used to use the Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation which I liked but didn't cover my acne scars as much. This BB Powder covered everything, my scars, large pores uneven skintone even covered this Jupiter sized blemish I had on my chin.
-I don't find this powder to be too chalky or dry. If you have dry skin I could see how you would dislike it but I have oily skin and it my skin loves it! Gives me a slight sheen but my oiliness doesn't seep through. Didn't accentuate any fine lines or anything from what I could see.
-Luckily I was a good match for the medium/deep shade however they definitely need to improve their shade selection cause most of the reviews I am seeing weren't able to find a shade to fit them. If they came out with maybe 3-4 more shades this stuff would be more popular.
-The price is a little high for drugstore but Physicians Formula typically is a more expensive brand. I expected it but definitely had my fingers crossed that it would work since I was splashing out 14 dollars.
-Physicians Formula is very good about making their products cruelty and paraben free. If youre super conscious about what goes on your skin you need not worry about the ingredients in this stuff. It's pretty safe and even has SPF.

All in all this product replaced a powder foundation that I had been using for 2+ years. It's a very special powder and beat all my expectations. Would repurchase over and over.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is one of the best things that ever happened to me! It is natural and cruelty-free, has SPF 30; provides great coverage, blends wonderfully, and stays on all day. It is also affordable and readily available.

From the product's description, I would not have thought that this powder can serve as a replacement for liquid foundation, but thanks to everyone's reviews on MUA I was made aware of this. This powder is a lifesaver and such a timesaver. It seems to provide the best coverage out of all Physicians Formula powders, it takes under 60 seconds to have an even and healthy glowing skin-tone. I do use green powder prior to cancel out my redness, but even without the powder the look is healthy and nice. Slight sheen to the powder doesn't jump out, but rather provides a nice glow.

I was most reserved about the limited color selection and got "light/medium". I am fair and this color looks natural on me. (I asked my lab mate if she thought I look like I went tanning, and she said not at all. I used to wear fair foundation before I tried this powder, so the change wasn't obvious.) I do wish they had a "fair/light" version, but what can you do.

I haven't had success with the type of brush included (seems to be the same as in PF Airbrushing Powder), so I use my foundation brush. Included mirror is convenient, and the packaging is very cute.

I am so happy for this product. It was about $14 at CVS, so a little pricey, but completely worth it. I don't need to use sunscreen spray, primer, foundation, finishing powder anymore. Perfect for when you need to look healthy and polished in a jiffy (and have skin protected from the sun). I would buy this again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No