July 30, 2014 | 1959 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Super BB All-in-1 Beauty Balm Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2014 1:09:00 AM More reviews by madmm_x

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I went back & forth on whether to buy this or not. I tried the Super BB cream, but after two weeks, I started breaking out from all the cones. I really just need a light powder to set my super rich tinted sunscreen, but anything too mattifying dries out my extremely sensitive dry skin. After reading a LOT of reviews, I decided to give it a go with this powder. Epic fail.

First, the light/med is way too orange, like holy pumpkin face! It was not good. Second, without feeling dry/tight on my skin, it somehow managed to look dry & settle into fine lines I didn't even know I had! I love PF's organic origin mascara, but every face product I've tried has been a huge disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by kamiller1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This actually looks fantastic on my oily, acne prone skin. I'm super surprised! The first time I applied this, it looked super cakey and emphasized my pores. "Great", I thought, "More money wasted." I decided to give it one more try the next day, this time using a lighter hand. The results were beautiful, glowy (not greasy) skin. I use my Bare Minerals Full Coverage brush...I find this gives the best application. It covers VERY well, which is why I say USE A VERY LIGHT HAND! I'm a neutral freckled redhead and light/medium is actually a pretty good match. Add some bronzer and we have a winner! Doesn't break me out and actually lasts through heat (you may have to blot or powder at least once, no biggie for me. Better than having to blot or powder two to three times a day) and lasts through the work day.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by kmarie161

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this powder in the medium/deep shade and bought it for around 14 dollars. At first, I thought it would be too dark for me but when applied (with a Sonia Kashuk kabuki) it looks so pale and powdery! I had nothing but moisterizer, primer, and spot concealer under my eyes/blemishes underneath, but it looked like I was wearing full coverage foundation that started to cake up all over. So irritating! So in order to fix it, I applied lotion to my hands and gently patted my face, to remove excess powder, give back my skin's glow, etc. It looked pretty decent, I have to say. And about 10 mins later, it oxidized to match my skin. It does control oil extrememly well, though, which I really need for my oily t-zone. That's a plus. But, I will not be re purchasing because I feel like 14 bucks is too much for this product. I don't think it's worth it. Maybe $7-8.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by wowotakubaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

At first, I had a horrible time getting this to look good on my skin. It gave me a ghostly pallor, and it would dry/flake my nose.

The trick to this powder, and to this whole line really, is to put a moisture-rich moisturizer before applying any of this line (or any BB cream.) and to NOT use the brush that comes in the packaging for this powder. I use an ELF Powder Brush for application, and instead of buffing it across my face, I pat the brush in light, but firm pats across my face. This makes my skin actually look glowy, not ghostly. If you're a bit darker like me, don't be afraid to also mix with liquid foundations to get the right shade, especially for the BB Cream itself.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 2:15:00 AM More reviews by Kimber81

This powder is amazing. It really does smooth everything out, I apply it over a tinted moisturizer and dab this on. It doesn't settle in lines like I was having problems with mineral makeup. My skin is not easy to match but the light/med actually works. I run out of it fairly quickly. There's not a lot of product in that bulky compact. And since it is like a powder foundation, I lightly dust translucent over it so it doesn't smudge.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by lyrastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never give five stars to PF because as nice as their powders might be, I can't really use them for lack of good color selection. I want to be able to use all their facepowders and not just the occasional bronzer for "blush" - its very frustrating to me. But this was a pleasant surprise!
It's super quick and easy to apply, feels very light on the skin, and really diffuses imperfections. I was in love with their Airbrush powder with 30spf but - alas - I had to return it because of bad coloring. Same with their organic loose powder, it was so lovely! Anyhow, somehow this one works on me.
I still get very oily and have to blot with paper, but I never expect a powder to really control that and I can't really use primers.
I don't notice a huge problem with the glowy effect of this powder enhancing my oiliness. Perhaps that is because I'm always blotting anyway. But I can see how it would make some other oily people feel "greasy" or cakey. I don't really feel that way though, and I'm quite oily.
I'll probably try applying a more absorbent powder underneath and try layering just to see how that works.
So far, I apply this over my Trader Joes sunscreen moisturizer, and lightly dust this all over with a little extra over scars on cheeks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by g60girl

I may have found a replacement for my discontinued HG Prescriptives AnyWear powder foundation. Most powder foundations either accentuate my flaws (pores, flaky dry skin patches) OR just don't give enough coverage. This can be layered to adjust coverage. For a smooth finish I would apply with a nice brush over moisturizer and primer. For $12 at Target I honestly wasn't expecting it to be this great! I love when I am pleasantly surprised.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 4:14:00 AM More reviews by BeautyBrunette16

I have been really into trying powder foundations recently and tried this. I like the nice coverage it gives and is a satin finish. Great for traveling or on the go.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 4:10:00 AM More reviews by cecilelpham

This powder gives me a natural, medium coverage. It is very good for evening out skin tone and diminishing any redness. The light-medium shade is a perfect match for me also. The powder doesn't break me out and does not accentuate the pores on my nose. Lastly it has SPF 30 which I definitely appreciate.

However even though this is a powder, I still get oily all over my face, especially my T-zone. Also, I think I'm the only person to say this, but I don't like the packaging. Even though Physician's Formula is a drugstore product, the shiny lettering in the front makes it look very cheap. However I love the product inside so I will continue to purchase this powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Melancholia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

There's alot of people that don't like this product and I don't know why. I myself have Dry skin so powder isn't something I gravitate to often. I love this product though, it gives me great coverage and my skin looks flawless. I love full coverage foundations even though I don't need them, this definetly isn't full coverage but it covers what I need and it was definetly a great product during the summer when it was hot and sweaty my face never looks oily! Love it will be repurchasing. And if your wondering I applied it with my elf powder brush and it works wonders!