Physicians Formula Super BB All-in-1 Beauty Balm Powder

3.5

Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide. Inactive Ingredients: Mica, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Magnesium Silicate, Lauroyl Lysine, Triethylhexanoin, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Perilla Ocymoides Seed Oil, Lysolecithin, Glycerin, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Glyceryl Caprylate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

on 8/28/2015 1:19:00 PM

I'm giving this product a 3 because of it's SHEEN effect. Sometimes I like the sheen sometimes I don't. It's a BB product. I love the color (and I'm medium). It's not yellow, orange, too brown, it's just right. It also has sunscreen and it covers well with one brush on. You could use this by itself without foundation and it looks great. It won't cover sunspots or dark spots on your face, obviously.

I bought this product because I really needed a talc free powder as I just moved to Europe and the brand I use in the U.S. isn't available here. I usually hear good things about PF so I bought this powder and a bronzer and blush to try out. I will never buy PF products again.

I'll start with the two positives: coverage and color. It covers hyper pigmentation very well and the color somehow perfectly matches your skin tone. I was very skeptical when I went to buy it as there was only one shade available. The saleslady assured me it would adjust to my skin tone and lo and behold it did just that. However everything else about this product is horrific and far outweighs those two good points.

I noticed as soon as I put it on the first time that it seemed to settle strangely on the parts of my face with thicker skin, like forehead, around the nose and chin. Like other users have said, it seems to highlight my pores and make them look bigger. But the main reason why I hate this product is that IMMEDIATELY after putting it on I look incredibly shiny and oily. I'm usually pretty oily so I thought maybe I was just going through a very oily spell and I even bought two different mattifiers to try thinking it must be a mattifier problem. But now I know it's this powder. It picks up every pore and and every bit of oil and magnifies it to the extreme. After an hour with it on, I feel like I do after a full day with other powders. I can't wait to wash my face!

Because I'm not made of money, I will use this product until I finish it before buying another powder, but I can't wait to finish this and fortunately after just one month I think it will be used up soon. Until that time I'm just using it on my cheeks, that's where my scarring and pigmentation is mainly located and the powder seems to be ok on that part of my face.

on 1/20/2015 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is really good! I got it to wear over the bb cream, which is great for full coverage, but I realized it still looks amazing alone. It controls oil well, covers like a powder foundation should, and best of all it doesn't break me out. This and the bb cream are my go to foundations because they look good, feel good, and I can trust them. The colors are very limited, but they seem to blend in to match my skin anyway. I like that this is fast and easy, I don't use the brush it comes with, I use the flat elf sponges to apply in the morning(fuller coverage) and then blot and use the elf powder brush to touch up midday.

on 11/4/2014 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Physicians Formula makes my fave DS powders. I got Light/Med surely thinking this would be too dark but with a light hand done with a BareMinerals brush but surprisingly this isn't too dark. It seems to have a tinge of shimmer to it/dewy finish but I like it a lot. Wish they offered more color selections in their powders in general but this works! The packaging is kind of bulky but cheap but at least comes w a mirror & applicator so it's travel friendly except that it takes up unnecessary room by being so bulky.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

idk about this product...I got medium/deep and idk. I used the brush included and a powder puff from another compact.. and..I dnt like it. it makes me look too pale. and I can usually pull off powder in a paler then usual color. it feels...Heavy on my skin. it also feels a bit..greasy? I ve tried to use this a few different ways..and I'm going to start TRYING to use it with some other brushes still.. but..I don't know. I love the packaging..maybe bcuz its a tad sparkly and gaudy..lol..this is one of the reasons I decided to get it. other then that.. I am unsure. I don't want to say I hate it just yet..well..yes--maybe I do so far. but I ll try it a couple more times..then back to the returns counter it will go :-/ another thing.. its not matte..its kinda glowy. I dnt like that as I already have oily skin. I think this would work GREAT for someone with combination skin or maybe dry skin..but on my poor skin it just feels heavy and it looks awful :-(

on 8/11/2014 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This came in a 3-pack with a BB liquid and highlighter which were good. But the BB powder is horrible! I've tried it numerous times, thinking when I tried it last it just might have been an "off" day for me. No, I was right. Unflatteringly, it hightlights my bags and pores, with a pale sickly shimmer and makes me look like an extra in a horror movie! It's just the weirdest thing!!!

on 8/9/2014 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love love love this product !it covers all my acne,and blemishes,the price is not too bad,little over 20 plus taxes,little more expensive for drugstore but defiantly worth it,i would never go back to any other product.if they ever take this off the market i would die !! Awesome awesome:)

on 7/24/2014 1:09:00 AM

I went back & forth on whether to buy this or not. I tried the Super BB cream, but after two weeks, I started breaking out from all the cones. I really just need a light powder to set my super rich tinted sunscreen, but anything too mattifying dries out my extremely sensitive dry skin. After reading a LOT of reviews, I decided to give it a go with this powder. Epic fail.

First, the light/med is way too orange, like holy pumpkin face! It was not good. Second, without feeling dry/tight on my skin, it somehow managed to look dry & settle into fine lines I didn't even know I had! I love PF's organic origin mascara, but every face product I've tried has been a huge disappointment.

on 5/19/2014 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This actually looks fantastic on my oily, acne prone skin. I'm super surprised! The first time I applied this, it looked super cakey and emphasized my pores. "Great", I thought, "More money wasted." I decided to give it one more try the next day, this time using a lighter hand. The results were beautiful, glowy (not greasy) skin. I use my Bare Minerals Full Coverage brush...I find this gives the best application. It covers VERY well, which is why I say USE A VERY LIGHT HAND! I'm a neutral freckled redhead and light/medium is actually a pretty good match. Add some bronzer and we have a winner! Doesn't break me out and actually lasts through heat (you may have to blot or powder at least once, no biggie for me. Better than having to blot or powder two to three times a day) and lasts through the work day.

on 4/17/2014 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have this powder in the medium/deep shade and bought it for around 14 dollars. At first, I thought it would be too dark for me but when applied (with a Sonia Kashuk kabuki) it looks so pale and powdery! I had nothing but moisterizer, primer, and spot concealer under my eyes/blemishes underneath, but it looked like I was wearing full coverage foundation that started to cake up all over. So irritating! So in order to fix it, I applied lotion to my hands and gently patted my face, to remove excess powder, give back my skin's glow, etc. It looked pretty decent, I have to say. And about 10 mins later, it oxidized to match my skin. It does control oil extrememly well, though, which I really need for my oily t-zone. That's a plus. But, I will not be re purchasing because I feel like 14 bucks is too much for this product. I don't think it's worth it. Maybe $7-8.