Bare Escentuals READY Luminizer Pleasure Trip

2.0

on 4/10/2013 8:32:00 PM

This is a pretty highlighter that layers like a disco ball! It has a "foiled" effect, and the more you blend the more tin-foiled you look. It's also tenacious, so there is no going back once you have it on. I gave it a lippie for it's staying power.

on 2/6/2013 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

This is a pinky champagne very shimmery powder. It looked very obvious on my skin. I tried many different ways: under makeup, over makeup, blended, etc. Saw myself in direct light and wanted to wash my face.

The compact is nice for a less messy way than the radiances in the loose formulations (which I never saw the benefit of either). I would only wear this for a night out in low light and it's too pricey for that when I can use shimmery eyeshadows for those occasions.

I dont know if it's me or highlighters in general. Every one I've tried ends up looking very fake. If you have young nubile skin, you probably don't NEED a highlighter. I have mature, seasoned skin and I need what a highlighter can do for me but every one of them seems to highlight lines and crevices which is the opposite of what they should do, Maybe it's my technique but I have gone to professionals and after they're done I look like a shiny clown too. Maybe highlighters are like bronzers and I just cannot find one I love that in my mind looks natural. I keep trying for that makeup nirvana.Suggestions welcome.