October 25, 2014 | 1245 users online

Styling Products - Aveda - Be Curly Curl Enhancing Hair Spray

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by blondefornow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I am an absolute product junkie, and an advertising agency dream. If it is new, with utopian claims...I will most likely bite! When new curl products turn up, I am generally very attentive. Having used and loved BE CURLY Curl Enhancer since the day it was released, I was thrilled to see that line increase by two. HOWEVER...AVEDA's new curl spray is easily in the top three of my worst products EVER list! I spent 26€ on this in my salon and am kicking myself thinking of what I could have bought instead. EVERY cheap drugstore hairspray performs the same (or better) as this! I used something called "Stiff Stuff" AKA..liquid glue! to spray up those bangs and sides of my über cool 1984 hair..yeah..it has evidently been repackaged by AVEDA! I have fine curls, and my one wish is for more definition, especially throughout my top layer of hair. This makes me look like every member of Whitesnake, Poison or Bon Jovi...at 46, in 2013...not so attractive! I think I probably broke off some hair too as it was impossible to even finger comb my curls. I had to laugh at the previous reviewer commenting on her doc touching her hair. It was "only" my husband who touched mine, but I too recoiled in shame! Terrible, terrible product. Its ONLY decent quality is the lovely, typical AVEDA scent. I find it beyond comprehension that this product ever made it past the first testing phase.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by 1Bruce1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a relatively new addition to the Be Curly line. I'm not impressed, to say the least. No matter how little I use, no matter that I spray it at a distance, as my stylist instructed, it makes my hair very stiff. I'm not okay with any hair product, no matter how well it does its job, if it leaves my hair feeling icky to the touch. The other day my dr. put his hand lightly on the top of my head when he was checking my height again (which I find kinda ridiculous since I'm 36 and not getting any taller, but that's another story), and I was embarrassed because I'd used the spray earlier and knew that my hair felt really gross. Lol. Anyway, I'm returning this to my salon, because it's just awful.