Valentino Valentina Acqua Floreale

on 7/27/2013 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

It smells really good! But after an hour or two, u can't detect it much anymore. It's light but it smells like a bouquet of flowers plucked from some heavenly garden. I can't decide if it's worth buying because it just doesn't last but it smells more beautiful than any other scent i've tried!

I sniffed a sample of this in the departmental store. It smells divine, so beautifully flowery and mysterious and ladylike. My boyfriend thought it was lovely too.

I did not buy it as i had already just bought D&G The One Desire, which was pricey. But I'll definitely buy it soon. I only wish it were an EDP instead of an EDT, which doesn't last as long usually.

on 2/9/2013 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Valentina Acqua Floreale is almost pure citrus for the first five to ten minutes. As well as the starring bergamot and orange blossom, I think there is also a zesty lemon note.

The main plus of this perfume for me is how light and sheer the tuberose is; I normally dislike perfumes with it as I find it heavy and migraine inducing, so it nice to ind a fragrance including it that I can wear. It is actually the watery orange blossom note that is the strongest, followed quickly by the neroli, which combines with the remaining citrus notes perfectly for a clean undertone. The jasmine is almost as sheer as the tuberose, but it is there.

The base notes are a real surprise; after a few hours Valentina Acqua Floreale transforms from a citrussy floral to a warm oriental, the change sounds like a miss-match, but it works. The sweet amber and earthy patchouli mixes nicely with the spicy neroli and warms up the reminder of the fragrance.

Official scent notes: bergamot, orange blossom, neroli, mimosa, tuberose, jasmine, amber and patchouli.

Overall: Valentina Acqua Floreale is 'nice'. It's easy to wear and is unoffensive to other people. On the downside it is a bit too safe for my tastes, and it doesn't wear for long, which is disappointing for the price.

If the longevity were better this would be a four lippie review, but as it is I'm not sure if I'll re-buy Valentina Acqua Floreale. Is Paris Hilton Tokyo Passport still available? That smells similar, is cheaper and wears for longer.

on 2/6/2013 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

I was given a sample of this and I tried it three times. It's a lot for me, which means I kind of like the fragrance.
To my snose it smells mainly tuberose, rich and gorgeous, but never as heady as other tuberoses: here it' surrounded by a bunch of spring flowers (namely, mimosa, orange flower and neroli) and a rich squeeze of bergamot which make it cheerful and, yes, springlike.
It's very different from the original Valentina EDP. At first I swear I can smell a light leather note that vanishes after a few minutes: I bet it must come from the patchouly-amr combo as basenotes.
I've got a thing against patchouly overdose in commercial fragrances, lately, so I may be taken with a grain of salt when I state this fragrance ends up smelling too generic to be full bottle worthy: it's my opinion, anyway.

Popular Fragrances