October 24, 2014 | 1044 users online

Moisturizers - Lancome - Renergie Lift Multi-Action Lifting & Firming Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Edit: I read that some reviewers experienced a heavy/irritating fragrance. The one I purchased was Made in USA and has a very light, pleasant scent. I spoke to a Lancome rep and she said they use to import the Made in France jars to the US when the line first came out. She also said that the formulations are slightly different. So I'm wondering if the one's that were Made in France had a heavier fragrance? Again, no reactions and still love this line - day and night creams!

I'm usually a drugstore girl. Then Lancome and I reunited. Then things started to change very quickly. I still have my drugstore staples - Maybelline Great Lash, Noxzema, Carmex - to name just a few. I didn't believe the hype of these fancy moisturizers... until I tried them. My first was Bienfait. So light and just absorbed into my skin. Because that is the basic hydration and protection with no anti-aging benefits, I decided to sample the other ones in the line up.

Among all the anti-aging creams Lancome makes, these purple jars of skin cream perfection are my favorite. The dense texture, the pale pink color, and the faint scent of roses... is just so delightful. This simple every day luxury is something I look so forward to morning and night. The 1.7 oz jar is $95 and the 2.6 oz jar is $115. Not cheap. The larger size will last at least 6 months. So twice a year at $230 retail ... instead of Botox (I know, this is how I rationalize it!) And I just walked out of Nordie's staring at someone who got really bad botox done. It was so obvious. It didnt' make her look more youthful. Just really unnatural and puffy. Yikes.

The last year I have been under a tremendous amount of stress. I just started seeing fine lines creep in on my forehead. Or maybe I never really paid attention... I'm not sure. But it's time to really invest in my skin. The jars are heavyweight glass. Just holding them feels luxurious! But what's inside... ahhhh, that's where the magic lies. I started out with the deluxe samples they give to you during gift with purchase. That's how they always hook you... sigh. I love Bienfait - which is pretty much half the cost, but this is much thicker and will be perfect for winter. It may be too heavy for summer, and that's when I will switch back to Bienfait. I have so much Bienfait that I will probably rotate these two moisturizers depending on my skin's needs. And to make these magical purple jars last longer so I do not have to replenish as often:)

I loved the sample so much that I ran out and purchased a full jar! It's a beautiful cream. I feel like a sophisticated Parisian woman whenever I apply it. And the purple jar... it is just so elegant!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2014 2:28:00 AM More reviews by robbin11293

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lancome is so lavish, but their products never seem any different to me than something that could be bought at a drug store. That said, I've used this for a few weeks for a night cream, and I haven't noticed any difference. It's a very thick consistency but goes on light and is a little on the oily side, but night creamers are supposed to be extra moisturizing, so that is ok with me. The smell is florally and pleasant. The price is over the top expensive. I received this as a deluxe sample, and there is no way that I'd pay $115 for the full size.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by nailamaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I didn't like it for first few times i used it but now using over 7 weeks along with genefique my skin is in much better shape

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by hebrides

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

If I keep this far away from my eyes it's fine. But as the under eye area needs moisture, it's annoying to have to be very careful to stay far away from the eyes, then find a different moisturizer for that area. You see, it stings for hours if it gets anywhere near them. This is the ONLY face product I've been trying that does this. There is no excuse for this, because, as I just said, plenty of other wonderful creams, both luxury brands and drug store brands, will treat the skin without irritating the eyes. Does it lift or firm the skin? Not at all. Needless to say this is not something I would ever buy. It's highly fragranced and irritating, though I loved the thick texture. I got it twice in a Lancome bag so I've experienced this nasty eye stinging enough times to be fed up with it forever. There are so darn many wonderful creams and serums out there which you can lavish on near the eyes with NO burning, that there's no reason at all to use one that has something caustic in it. This costs a fortune in the normal size but I've used it only in the two tiny sample jars.

OK, if this cream did a fantastic job of recreating young skin, I'd gladly use it only on the lower part of the face and buy their matching eye cream. But it isn't that great anyway. So, this is something I'll never buy, unless they keep throwing it in their beauty bags to get rid of it. These bags always contain one or two really good samples such as their eye shadow palette or tiny mascaras. The lipsticks are usually a horrible colour. In this last bag the big winners were the palette and the sample of Visionnaire. Now that is a nice product. But I'll save that for a review when I've used it more.

As for the Renergie, it's lovely to use it as a hand cream.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by jewelofdenial

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure if this cream is doing much for my skin but it is a nice texture and has a nice mild scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by georgia21

My skin is dry and sensitive. I have the nighttime version of this pale pink moisturizer. It's creamy and spreads easily. I use it over Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair Serum. In the morning my skin looks and feels well moisturized. It has a long ingredient list, but the first three ingredients are water, glycerin, apricot kernel oil. The cream comes in a jar, unfortunately.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2014 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Foxglove08

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This didn't really do it for me. As other reviewers have said, it's very thick and heavy, but applies smoothly. Left a greasy residue on my forehead, but alas the promised lifting and firming effects were undetectable.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Tanyaboy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've got sampler , lasted 1 week. No lifting effect, opposite, skin was sagging and dry every time after using it. Would not waste money on full jar, glad I tested it first on sampler.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by OriginalCyn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Although a relatively new product, this moisturizer/anti-aging product is rapidly becoming one of my favorites. It initially applies a bit heavy, but within a few minutes, it absorbs extremely well into the skin, and if one waits about 5 minutes before applying foundation/powder on top of it, it avoids creating a greasy effect and doesn't create a horrific shine requiring blotting every hour and a re-application of powder.

The lifting/firming effects of this product are also evident, but it takes a few weeks for results to start showing up.

Again, as it's LancĂ´me, it's pricey, but it's worth it, and as of late, has been included in several of the GWPs. Definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by shuggaprincesss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love it I can see results instantly