Lancome Renergie Lift Multi-Action Lifting & Firming Cream

3.8

on 2/20/2015 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

There was nothing wrong with this cream, but it does not live up to its $94 price tag. I received a deluxe sample of this when I bought my beloved genifique and visionnaire, and I'm so glad I didn't trust the rep blindly and shell out good money for something that doesn't do what it says it will. Imo, Roc or another drugstore equivalent with retinoids, aha or bha will be a much better anti-aging product.

ckb

on 2/11/2015 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I just finished this in a deluxe sample size. Aside from it being highly fragrant -- this is a wonderful, moisturizing night cream. I'm not too keen on the scent, but it kept my skin feeling hydrated all night and left it bright in the morning. I would buy this again -- but I don't think I actually will because of the price.

on 1/25/2015 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The best anti wrinkle moisturizer. When you apply it make sure to start from your chin then up and don't forget your neck. It takes about 2 to 3 weeks to notice a difference. I'm 35 and people are always shocked at my age they think I look 25 and my secret is multi lift. I started using this moisturizer 1 year ago and I will never change. I had used it before but I didn't like it actually I didn't give it a chance but you need to be patient and it actually plumps your skin! I used hydrazen in the past and it was great but my crows feet were annoying me. It is sticky but it's plumping the skin. I read so many negative comments about this product but please give it a try it's amazing . I tried la mer and vlé de peau which were good but my wrinkles are gone gone with this this. Love it.

on 11/6/2014 2:12:00 PM

I love this product, and I use it for years. I use it in combination with Lancome Absolue Night Premium Bx. It is a combination that works amazing.
My skin is never dry or oily (I have combination skin with typical T-zone). The texture is great; it leaves the skin soft and hydrated, and it also works great with make-up. Personally I use Lancome Visionnaire or Guerlain. It also visibly reduced fine lines around eyes. Unfortunately not forever. As soon as I stopped using it, my fine lines reappeared.
The price is little higher, but it works so I can only recommend it.

on 11/1/2014 12:51:00 AM

If you buy this you're an idiot. There's hardly anything good in here (certainly not worth the price), plus unnecessary fragrance-- IT'S NOTHING BUT A SKIN IRRITANT. IT DOES YOU NO GOOD WHATSOEVER-- and useless jar packaging.

on 11/1/2014 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought the Lancome Renergie Multi-Action Day Cream (with SPF 15), and the accompanying eye cream at a Duty Free store at the airport. I am a skin care junkie, so I wanted to try this out. Firstly, I like moisturizers that have a high rate of skin cell turnover, because of the fact that you are melting that dead skin off of your face, and the anti-aging benefits can be absorbed better. This does not have any AHA's, BHA's or retinoids, so that was a negative in my book. It feels heavy on my skin, and I am not picky about scents, but this one seems heavily perfumed to me. It also feels as if it lies on top of my face/neck/decollete and not easily absorbed. In addition, it feels tacky and almost "waxy". I do still use it, however. Since I live in the Caribbean 2 weeks out of the month, it is a good (but expensive) sunscreen, and a nice nightly hand cream. Did not notice any firming benefits, wrinkle reduction or change in elasticity. Will not re-purchase.

on 9/30/2014 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Edit: I read that some reviewers experienced a heavy/irritating fragrance. The one I purchased was Made in USA and has a very light, pleasant scent. I spoke to a Lancome rep and she said they use to import the Made in France jars to the US when the line first came out. She also said that the formulations are slightly different. So I'm wondering if the one's that were Made in France had a heavier fragrance? Again, no reactions and still love this line - day and night creams!

I'm usually a drugstore girl. Then Lancome and I reunited. Then things started to change very quickly. I still have my drugstore staples - Maybelline Great Lash, Noxzema, Carmex - to name just a few. I didn't believe the hype of these fancy moisturizers... until I tried them. My first was Bienfait. So light and just absorbed into my skin. Because that is the basic hydration and protection with no anti-aging benefits, I decided to sample the other ones in the line up.

Among all the anti-aging creams Lancome makes, these purple jars of skin cream perfection are my favorite. The dense texture, the pale pink color, and the faint scent of roses... is just so delightful. This simple every day luxury is something I look so forward to morning and night. The 1.7 oz jar is $95 and the 2.6 oz jar is $115. Not cheap. The larger size will last at least 6 months. So twice a year at $230 retail ... instead of Botox (I know, this is how I rationalize it!) And I just walked out of Nordie's staring at someone who got really bad botox done. It was so obvious. It didnt' make her look more youthful. Just really unnatural and puffy. Yikes.

The last year I have been under a tremendous amount of stress. I just started seeing fine lines creep in on my forehead. Or maybe I never really paid attention... I'm not sure. But it's time to really invest in my skin. The jars are heavyweight glass. Just holding them feels luxurious! But what's inside... ahhhh, that's where the magic lies. I started out with the deluxe samples they give to you during gift with purchase. That's how they always hook you... sigh. I love Bienfait - which is pretty much half the cost, but this is much thicker and will be perfect for winter. It may be too heavy for summer, and that's when I will switch back to Bienfait. I have so much Bienfait that I will probably rotate these two moisturizers depending on my skin's needs. And to make these magical purple jars last longer so I do not have to replenish as often:)

I loved the sample so much that I ran out and purchased a full jar! It's a beautiful cream. I feel like a sophisticated Parisian woman whenever I apply it. And the purple jar... it is just so elegant!

on 7/14/2014 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Lancome is so lavish, but their products never seem any different to me than something that could be bought at a drug store. That said, I've used this for a few weeks for a night cream, and I haven't noticed any difference. It's a very thick consistency but goes on light and is a little on the oily side, but night creamers are supposed to be extra moisturizing, so that is ok with me. The smell is florally and pleasant. The price is over the top expensive. I received this as a deluxe sample, and there is no way that I'd pay $115 for the full size.

on 6/19/2014 11:12:00 PM

I didn't like it for first few times i used it but now using over 7 weeks along with genefique my skin is in much better shape

on 5/31/2014 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

If I keep this far away from my eyes it's fine. But as the under eye area needs moisture, it's annoying to have to be very careful to stay far away from the eyes, then find a different moisturizer for that area. You see, it stings for hours if it gets anywhere near them. This is the ONLY face product I've been trying that does this. There is no excuse for this, because, as I just said, plenty of other wonderful creams, both luxury brands and drug store brands, will treat the skin without irritating the eyes. Does it lift or firm the skin? Not at all. Needless to say this is not something I would ever buy. It's highly fragranced and irritating, though I loved the thick texture. I got it twice in a Lancome bag so I've experienced this nasty eye stinging enough times to be fed up with it forever. There are so darn many wonderful creams and serums out there which you can lavish on near the eyes with NO burning, that there's no reason at all to use one that has something caustic in it. This costs a fortune in the normal size but I've used it only in the two tiny sample jars.

OK, if this cream did a fantastic job of recreating young skin, I'd gladly use it only on the lower part of the face and buy their matching eye cream. But it isn't that great anyway. So, this is something I'll never buy, unless they keep throwing it in their beauty bags to get rid of it. These bags always contain one or two really good samples such as their eye shadow palette or tiny mascaras. The lipsticks are usually a horrible colour. In this last bag the big winners were the palette and the sample of Visionnaire. Now that is a nice product. But I'll save that for a review when I've used it more.

As for the Renergie, it's lovely to use it as a hand cream.

Popular Moisturizers