July 22, 2014 | 2485 users online

Treatments (Face) - MISSHA - Time Revolution First Treatment Essence

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by tellyhigh

I got this in Korea, after reading blogs and professional opinion from a Biologist. It is a lot cheaper there and sometimes you might be lucky enough to catch a 50% storewide sale.

Usually, I will use it once a day and will pour it onto my fingers instead of a cotton pad so as not to waste the lovely yeast inside. It is really light and absorbs really quickly! I love how my skin is softer and has a healthier glow. Will definitely get this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 3:11:00 AM More reviews by santindahlestari

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I super duper roger dodger love this FTE!! :)
It's better than BRTC FTE or SK-II FTE. I have been using this for about 2 weeks, and I already see the difference! :)
My face looks brighter, less oily, and very soft! Not only that, my pimples are dried easily, and it prevents my face from getting more pimples. It is also cheap for a facial treatment essence, especially the result is very satisfying.
I will definitely buy again for the rest of my life! :D

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 5:09:00 AM More reviews by ulfah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this FTE! Feels like SKII but in cheaper version. After 3 days used this every night, my skin definetely much better. It's brighten, keep your skin moist & soften like you're younger. It's kind of holy grail skincare that gives you result like you're using expensive treatment. I'm not say it has cheap price either, but this one is waaay cheaper than SKII. Worth every penny <3

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 11:03:00 AM More reviews by kristenbitme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is fantastic! I use it every morning and it makes my skin look amazing - it gets rid of any redness really quickly and leaves my skin silky soft! Smells like beer though and is a bit on the pricey side. I got mine from an asian skincare store in my local chinatown but maybe I can get a better deal if I order it online or something.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 7:57:00 PM More reviews by BeautyDiva2006

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So I just finished a whole full size bottle of this. I really don't know what it was doing for my skin but I know the Korean skincare routine is like a 3-5 step program so I have been trying to do all the steps for a few months to see if it made a difference. I wash my face with the Missha BB oil cleanser, then put a little bit of this in my hands..btw i love the packaging because it is in a clear glass bottle that looks so luxe on my vanity stand. Anyway, after I splash this on my face and pat the essence in my skin, I go to the treatment step which is the time revolution night activator ampoule, then I apply the Missha snail moisturizer over that. I have been using this skincare routine for about 3 months now. I got the whole set for my birthday in February. I previously was using Skin biology retinol and copper peptide products and the lactic acid moisturizer which worked well to fend of wrinkles and but every time I used it my skin would sting and over time my skin looked dryer after I put on makeup. After using the Missha line with the essence, my skin is more moisturized, plump and glowing and still no wrinkles! I still incorporate skin biology products into my routine because copper peptides and retinol is good for your skin but I keep that more to a minimum and use the Missha line as my basic skincare routine. So for the essence, in my experience, I think that this helps balance the ph in my skin like a toner and helps the treatment and moisturizer sink into my pores which is very important because otherwise your treatments and moisturizer just sit on top of your skin and your wasting money. Oh and one more thing. I have dry dehydrated skin with occasional blemishes if I didn't wash my makeup thoroughly or use heavy moisturizers. Using the essence and the rest of Missha skincare line, I noticed I don't ever break out anymore. I am actually using my travel size bottle right now and am going to purchase more essence very soon!

For reference, this is what they claim the essence does for your skin on the missha website:

Back to the Basics, a Stepping Stone to a Healthier and New Skin.
Contains 80% Fermented Yeast Concentrate, “FISSIONE", which absorbs into skin instantly to energize your skin. Also contains Niacinamide, a Vitamin B3 component, to improve skin elasticity, enhance skin barrier function, and revive skin tone and texture. DN-Aid, made from Cassia-Alata Extract, provides vitality to aging skin, protects DNA from aging caused by UV rays, and promotes restoration of damaged DNA.

THE FIRST TREATMENT ESSENCE improves fine lines and skin tone. Miracle water “FISSIONE” hydrates, restores, rejuvenates, and gives you a glowing complexion.

Do you know what YEAST is?
YEAST is a naturally fortified Vitamin B Group. Vitamin B supports and increases the rate of metabolism and maintains healthy skin.
Recently, more and more researches prove fermented yeast extract to be a good source for skin care products.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by redcometdust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this because the mist is so refreshing but it made my pores look humongous and my face and décolleté became glaringly shiny and sticky. It's possible that my skin wasn't absorbing it properly as it's been incredibly dry due to Accutane.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by msyu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was using sk-ii essence and because of financial reasons, I decided to try Missha's essence, after reading many reviews. It took about 2 weeks for my skin to get used to Missha's essence but then after a month of continued use, my skin texture started to improve, and lightened a little bit. I applied a little more than what I would use with the sk-ii essence, being how the fermented product was less potent than sk-ii's. I would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by dnivera

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent hydrating toner. I apply after washing and it brightens and retains moisture/plumpness for a dewy, young look.
I received this as a gift, but wouldn't repurchase due to the price. I don't see the effects as great enough for me to buy as another step before my moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2014 10:01:00 AM More reviews by solacevy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought in Korea and for 150 ml it costs only $50 meanwhile at my home place, it's being sold for more than $100! How ridiculous! But since I bought it in Korea, I thought it's a great bargain.
Unto the usage. I started using this in less than 2 months before the changes took place. I applied it on my face everytime before I go to bed at night; concerning on my jaw area where I've had breakouts. I had closed comedones growing due to some products that I used. I stopped using that product, but the comedone grew in a bunch and it really bothered me. I took the comedone out but it kept growing. It also left dark scars on the area cause of frequent extraction. However since I used this essence, the comedone began to heal, and the open pores started to close down. Now, the skin surface is smooth and no more bumpiness of ugly comedones.
This essence also heals pimples but it won't work overnight. So gotta be patient. :)
As far as the whitening/glowing effect, no it doesn't do much on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by carolinecaz

I first tried this out by purchasing a sample on ebay and I was quite impressed with the results it had on my acne. At the time I was suffering from a particularly horrible bout of adult acne and I was going through so many products, trying to find something that would prevent further breakouts.

This is meant to be a toner but I use it like a treatment, so instead of wasting some product by putting it onto a cotton pad, I drop several drops into my the palm of my hand and pat it into my face.

I have since been using this with the Time Revolution Night Repair New Science Activator Ampoule for the last several months and the combination of the two have become the basis of my holy grail skincare routine. I really cannot do without these two products.

Comes in a matte glass bottle. It's a pale yellow-ish, water-like product.

PROS:
- Has helped to keep my acne at bay
- Moisturising
- Improved my skin tone and texture
- Has also decreased the amount of oil my skin produces

CONS:
- Expensive, up to $90-100 online but I purchased mine in Korea for $50 in the largest size (150ml)
- Has a strange (dare I say stinky?) smell, it is fermented soybean after all...but the smell doesn't last as it absorbs into the skin. Still I guess I'd rather this than it being heavily perfumed.
- I wished the hole which the product is dispensed from had a valve that only opens when you shake the bottle to dispense the product. I find that I get product running down the sides which is really a waste, so I've overcome this by decanting some of it into a travel sized toner bottle.

I have one backup of this because I love it so much. A 150mL bottle will last me I think around a year.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No