MISSHA Time Revolution First Treatment Essence

4.1

Saccharomyces Ferment Filtrate (80%), Propanediol,Glycyrrhiza Glabra ( Licorice Root Extract ), Niacinamide, Polyquaternium-51, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Ulmus Davidiana Root Extract, Raffinose, Amaranthus Caudatus Seed, Piper Methysticum Leaf/Root Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis, Chamomile Extract, Phellodendron Amurense Bark, Cassia Alata Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Tromethamine, Water, Adenosine, Ethylhexylglycerin, Lactic Acid, Phenoxyethanol

on 7/26/2015 9:47:00 AM

This is amazing. I use this essence as the third step (cleansing water, toner, this essence) in my daily regime - day and night, and it has helped keep the redness of my skin in check, and the surface of my skin smooth. Additionally, in the summertime this essence has been really good when I've been out in the sun and tanning; it's a great 'recovery' treatment for skin that's slightly sunburnt too.

I highly recommend!

on 7/12/2015 8:54:00 AM

SK-II Facial Treatment Essence - you have met your match for 1/2 the price! I LOVE Missha First Treatment Essence (FTE); soothes, brightens, softens, my skin GLOWS, firms my skin more than SK-II Facial Treatment Essence (FTE)! I'm on my 2nd bottle of Missha FTE and I have 3 more as back-ups. As I'm 49 (Korean-American), I wondered if this would have any effect on my skin (strong enough to make a difference on my mature, dry skin?) so I'm super happy with the results.

After I first bought this (Missha FTE), I liked the way it felt (soothing) but I used to wonder if FTE did anything. It's hard for me to tell on myself re: subtle changes so I rely on my honest friends with hawk eyes to inform me. A friend at Sephora gave me samples of SK-II Pitera Essence when SK-II first came to Sephora (US market). I did a 1/2 face test for 10 days (1/2 face Missha & other 1/2 SK-II). When I went back, my friend at Sephora (eagle eyes) said the Missha Side looked brighter, softer & firmer. Wow - a keeper for me!

This is truly a HG. I just automatically REACH for this wonderful water. After cleansing, I pat/massage all over my face (including eye area) and neck. When I use my vitamin C (OST 21.5) + BHA or AHA Acids (which I wait 20 to 30 minutes each to let them sink in and do their magic), I pat my FTE in and it's SO SOOTHING and preps my skin beautifully for the next steps of my skincare (essence, serum, cream, etc.).

*Reformulation UPDATE - Missha has REFORMULATED the FTE with a slightly different name - "First Treatment INTENSIVE" - already out; removing licorice root extract (wah!). I have 3 bottles of Missha FTE original left (expiring in mid 2017) & I will not re-purchase unless the FTE original formula stays kaput (I'm an optimist that Missha will wisen up and keep their original formula :-).

You can STILL buy this ORIGINAL formula on Missha's US Website (for now). I bought another back-up bottle 2 weeks ago and it expires in July 2017. I also have this in a spray mist in regular & travel size (micro-fine mist; perfection) which is also still sold on Missha's US Website.

I also own Su:m37 Secret Programming Essence: beautiful product with huge following but I don't think I will repurchase - not hydrating enough for my dry skin to justify the price for me, $70 minimum for 80mL/2.66 oz).

I read some of the reviews with the horrible break-outs :-(. I always buy samples on ebay or testerkorea before buying full size items of products I can't test and sample in person. Samples of this (original as well as the new "Intensive" FTE) are on ebay.

It is difficult to find reviews for Asian Beauty Products (I switched to mostly Korean skincare since 2014) on makeupalley. I have to look for reviews on various blogs (which I never know if they are being SPONSORED/biased) or reddit where I have no idea what age or skin type they are.

I hope MORE people write reviews HERE as mua is my favorite resource for reviews (and negative reviews here do not get taken out like they do at sephora or any other commercial website).

I am 49 yrs old with dry skin since my mid 40s (but had combo/oily skin before). People who work in skincare (dermatologists, plastic surgeon nurses, aestheticians, sales associates at Bergdorf, Barneys, Saks) think I'm 28-34 so I try to take care of my skin.

on 6/28/2015 7:36:00 PM

So far so good! I've been using this for about 4 days and it's really soothed my sensitive skin. I got a set for 33$ that included two boxes of silky cotton a large bottle of essence, mini clear toner and two night treatment masks in a lovely box! I actually look forward to cleansing just to use it.

on 6/13/2015 10:46:00 AM

I've been using this product for 2 years now as a toner after washing my face. I also bought the mist spray version which I use in the morning. At night I use the bottled version and put some in a cotton ball. I use this along with my skincare regimen. I also use Clinique and the Time Revolution Night Activator Ampoule. I really love this product. I have oily combination skin. Though the product is a little oily, it doesn't bother me bec our skin do need oils. A little goes a long way. Since I've started using this, I have used up 3 bottles of this already. It does feel a little sticky when it dries but it goes away after I apply my other skincare serum, moisturizer and eye cream. My skin looks clearer and smoother. This will always be a staple in my skincare and it is very affordable. Missha's customer service is very helpful when I call on the phone or through their facebook page.

on 6/10/2015 4:36:00 PM

To the people who commented below, did you ever get in contact with MISSHA about this? I've been trying to call them for a week now but its impossible to get in touch with their customer service and they never pick up their phone.

I had the same issue--I started breaking out and forming bumps and my skin became red. I used it for a week and then I decided to stop using it because my skin was getting really bad. Right after I stopped using it, my skin started clearing up again and now its back to normal.

By any chance was your product manufactured on 20150403? it'll say on the bottom of the bottle kind of like an expiration date but its actually the manufactured date. Possibly it was a bad batch?

on 5/7/2015 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Immediately after application of this product, my skin would sting and turn pink. I didnt mind it it first but after a week of consistently using this, i developed pimples. When i stopped using this, my skin healed. After a month, i gave it another shot and a week of consistently using this caused me again to develop pimples. I therefore conclude that this is causing me to breakout. I have an extremely sensitive skin and even products meant for sensitive skin breaks me out.

on 4/13/2015 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I heard the rave reviews everywhere from Sokoglam, Skin&Tonics, etc, and wanted to love Missha First Treatment Essence. The price is a steal compared to SKII. Unfortunately, this product felt sticky and left my face feeling itchy and stinging after application. Shortly after introducing this product into my routine, my face began breaking out terribly. Whiteheads were popping up on my cheeks, where I've never had acne. As soon as I stopped using this my acne healed.

Negative reviews of this product are pretty scarce. I thought what happened to me was such an anomaly but it seems like a few others on here had the same experience. If you have dry sensitive skin, like me, use this at your own risk. Also, try purchasing from somewhere you can get a refund.

I do realise that my face has gotten brighter and it looked more translucent. I like the healthy glow that it gave me and I realise that I hardly get any pimples anymore. Good stuff! My boyfriend said my skin looked looks even without makeup. Many commented that my skin condition has improved! I get all these comments with only a week after using this essence! I was really doubtful about this because this was meant to be a dupe for SKII facial treatment essence and I've tried the facial treatment essence but it broke me out terribly due to all the chemicals they used but however, Missha's treatment essence is way better for me and it is cheaper. I will definitely repurchase this and recommend this to everyone!

I think this work with my combination skin. I used it first after cleansing my face and together with my skincare products from Sulwhasoo or Whoo. I must said it's really work

on 4/3/2015 5:32:00 PM

Quite long before I purchased MISSHA Time Revolution First Treatment Essence I had encounter quite the substantial amount of hype for it but I gotta admit that I was quite skeptical about this product, when skincare is describes as some kind of miracle worker I always believe it's gonna end up being and just a marketing ploy, but sense I'm the kinda person that always on the hunt for new skin products so I still had to give it a try and fortunately my skepticism was shattered into a thousand pieces; over the last couple of months this has become one of my staple skincare products! It is a fragrance-free, colorless liquid that I pour into my hands, rub together, and apply all over my face. It reduces my pore size, it hydrates, it reduces dehydration lines and It's also one of the most effective acne reducing products I have ever used, the list benefits goes just goes on! This is seriously one of the best products I have ever used. Love it!

Popular Treatments (Face)