April 17, 2014 | 1981 users online

Treatments - MISSHA - Time Revolution First Treatment Essence

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2014 10:01:00 AM More reviews by solacevy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought in Korea and for 150 ml it costs only $50 meanwhile at my home place, it's being sold for more than $100! How ridiculous! But since I bought it in Korea, I thought it's a great bargain.
Unto the usage. I started using this in less than 2 months before the changes took place. I applied it on my face everytime before I go to bed at night; concerning on my jaw area where I've had breakouts. I had closed comedones growing due to some products that I used. I stopped using that product, but the comedone grew in a bunch and it really bothered me. I took the comedone out but it kept growing. It also left dark scars on the area cause of frequent extraction. However since I used this essence, the comedone began to heal, and the open pores started to close down. Now, the skin surface is smooth and no more bumpiness of ugly comedones.
This essence also heals pimples but it won't work overnight. So gotta be patient. :)
As far as the whitening/glowing effect, no it doesn't do much on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by carolinecaz

I first tried this out by purchasing a sample on ebay and I was quite impressed with the results it had on my acne. At the time I was suffering from a particularly horrible bout of adult acne and I was going through so many products, trying to find something that would prevent further breakouts.

This is meant to be a toner but I use it like a treatment, so instead of wasting some product by putting it onto a cotton pad, I drop several drops into my the palm of my hand and pat it into my face.

I have since been using this with the Time Revolution Night Repair New Science Activator Ampoule for the last several months and the combination of the two have become the basis of my holy grail skincare routine. I really cannot do without these two products.

Comes in a matte glass bottle. It's a pale yellow-ish, water-like product.

PROS:
- Has helped to keep my acne at bay
- Moisturising
- Improved my skin tone and texture
- Has also decreased the amount of oil my skin produces

CONS:
- Expensive, up to $90-100 online but I purchased mine in Korea for $50 in the largest size (150ml)
- Has a strange (dare I say stinky?) smell, it is fermented soybean after all...but the smell doesn't last as it absorbs into the skin. Still I guess I'd rather this than it being heavily perfumed.
- I wished the hole which the product is dispensed from had a valve that only opens when you shake the bottle to dispense the product. I find that I get product running down the sides which is really a waste, so I've overcome this by decanting some of it into a travel sized toner bottle.

I have one backup of this because I love it so much. A 150mL bottle will last me I think around a year.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 8:50:00 AM More reviews by qaeng3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

i love this essence for its immediate effect. if your skin is dry or tight from washing or over exfoliation, apply this and you will feel the moisturizing effect (even better than hada labo lotion - hada labo makes my face oilier and the effect is not as immediate as this).

i dont actually think this essence really has that many benefits as claimed in its description. but if you are looking for a product that hydrates your skin, yet wont over moisturize it , then you might want to consider this. The essence smells like beer too.

The price of this essence is not cheap either but is definitely cheaper than SK2. I will repurchase this but only when it is on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 3:07:00 AM More reviews by Jastinky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using SKII essence and don't like it at all. Does nothing for my skin. Missha is so much cheaper, more moisturising and better value.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by PoetCrazy

this make my skin so radiance, gonna buy again and it's 1/4 price from SKII , love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently purchased this in a miniature set with the Night Ampoule from RoseRoseShop after my friend showed me the Skin and Tonics review - http://www.skinandtonics.com/sk-ii-facial-treatment-essence-vs-missha-first-treatment-essence/.

And it is awesome! I haven't noticed such immediate results from a skincare product in, maybe, ever?!

I have very dry and dehydrated skin, but when I use this my skin looks impeccably clear and so smooth. As others have said, the miracle ingredients come from beer ferment ingredients and this is a dupe of SKII. However, this also contains niacinamide (which SKII omits), a great anti aging ingredient - http://www.paulaschoice.com/cosmetic-ingredient-dictionary/definition/anti-irritants/niacinamide

I either pour it in my hands and pat it on or put it in a wee spray bottle and spray it on my face as a refresher during the day.

Would I buy this again? Heck yeah! I already bought the large size set from W2Beauty after using up my small size bottle. If you want to get $5 off at W2Beauty you can use my link - http://w2beauty.com/?s=31621212

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 5:17:00 AM More reviews by yoyo1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used SKII Facial Treatment essence for years and I decided to try this out and found this actually work the same as SKII on my skin. My friend told me I look more radiant with this product. The smell compared to SKII is much better. And the price is even better.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by inehima

I was curious to try this essence based on all the rave reviews and feedback on it and am so glad I did! I loved it so much that I actually bought 5 bottles of this stuff and gave some to my mom!

This essence really does help improve skin quality and appearance. My mom has extremely bad eczema on her hands and hasn't seen much improvement after countless dermatologist visits and prescribed medications. That all changed once I gave her this essence along with Time Revolution's Night Serum. Just after the first use, she felt and saw a difference in her skin (face and hands). Although the itchiness would continuously come back, the essence would help calm it down and after about less than a week, her hands softened due to her skin being able to regenerate faster than it got irritated (if that makes any sense at all), wrinkles on her hand were minimized, and her skin lightened! It helped with dark spots on the face as well and, I suppose used in conjunction with her other skincare, her face was more radiant and glowy!

I have given her other snail products and essences to try which have also helped her.

As for my own experience, I've only been using this for about a month and it definitely restored some radiance in my appearance. I haven't any wrinkles yet and hopefully it stays that way since I'm big on preventing rather than treating!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by tinka10

I didn't have much luck with the SK-II Essence (it basically did the opposite of what it claimed to do for my skin), so I had very low expectations for this one, but decided to try it out after reading up on the impressive ingredients list. I've noticed a huge improvement in the pores around my T-zone, they're tighter and my blackheads seem to be staying away. The skin is smoother, and feels (not oily) but plump and moisturised all day long. I've also noticed that my cheeks aren't as red as they used to be. This product definitely kicks SK-II out of the ring in my case, on quality and price. I purchased mine from RoseRose's Shop on sale for $25, and it's double the size of SK-II's bottle!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by summerscottage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used an entire bottle of SK-11 and loved it but I was curious to try the First Treatment Essence. I found it on sokoglam.com and looked up the review skinandtonic. I read about the fermented yeast in the MISSHA product vs. the fermented yeast in the SK product and thought it might be similar enough. The product has a slightly thicker consistency than the SK version and it smells different. There is a tackiness on my hands after I press the product into my skin whereas the SK product didn't leave any noticeable anything on my hands. I've used it for about a week and so far, I really like it. I haven't had any breakouts and it is soothing and gets rid of redness temporarily. I'll have to use it for the full 28 days of skin turnover to be completely sold, but so far I'm loving it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No