MISSHA Time Revolution First Treatment Essence

Saccharomyces Ferment Filtrate (80%), Propanediol,Glycyrrhiza Glabra ( Licorice Root Extract ), Niacinamide, Polyquaternium-51, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Ulmus Davidiana Root Extract, Raffinose, Amaranthus Caudatus Seed, Piper Methysticum Leaf/Root Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis, Chamomile Extract, Phellodendron Amurense Bark, Cassia Alata Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Tromethamine, Water, Adenosine, Ethylhexylglycerin, Lactic Acid, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Meh! I did not see any difference in my skin. I like to use antioxidant toners to boost my skin but this one did nothing for me.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

HG HG! I haven't written a review on here in over two years (sorry laziness on my part) but I had to come back to write one for this product. For the most part my skincare regime was simple: cetaphil and cerave moisturizer day and night. Toss in some jojoba oil every now and then I'm set. But I needed to actually set up a proper regiment as I am getting older -_- and I would like to look like I am in my 20s forever lol. Back to this product so for the most part this is similar to the SKII and while I was always intrigued by SKII essence I am NOT willing to spend an arm and leg every 6months to replace it I don't believe in it. Any who this is an essence very light scent, I follow this up with the Hada Labo Hyaluronic Lotion and then my daily moisturizer. I had a slight reaction to it the first two days some redness but it went away. Now the results?

In one long word: amazinggggg. I've always had pretty good skin but this knocked it out of the park it makes my skin plump, supple, and this glow. Bare skin looks stellar, under makeup I look like a perfect skinned alien (the hot kind). I used to have a mild zit pop up every now and then during that time of month but I don't even have those anymore. I make sure to pack it everywhere I go I can't live without it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

It's about time I've reviewed this product, considering I'm already on my third repurchase. It's become an essential part of my skincare regime. It provides light moisture and great skin brightening/glowing aspects (evident within a week of twice daily use).I have sensitive oily/combo acne prone skin and it has never broken me out. I use this step after cleansing, but have also used this after toning. I don't pour this on a cotton pad, since that seems wasteful, but onto my palm, then pat it onto my pace. The consistency is a little thicker (more viscous) than water, but can still be runny so I usually pour a few drops at a time so as to not waste any of it. I let it dry for a minute then proceed onto my serum. This product should not be your sole moisturizer - a serum is definitely needed and if you have a dry skin type you should probably add an emulsion/lotion/cream.

The new essence formulation was introduced mid 2015, and personally, I see no difference with the old formulation. The only con I can think of is the packaging: its a glass bottle (beautiful but a nightmare to travel with - spills all over the place & potential for breaking). I've figured out a way around it by keeping the little stopper it comes with along with the box, and just repackaging it while traveling.

It costs $49 US for 150 ml (5 oz) and lasts 3 months with twice daily use. I purchase it from Missha's US website or Sokoglam (depending on which has better promotions - both are known to have sales that can be upto 50% off at random times during the year, especially during the Christmas season). I wouldn't recommend buying it from eBay/Amazon/local Asian stores since its pretty well known how highly counterfieted this item is.

Missha's FTE was my introduction into the vast Korean skincare industry - and for anyone considering stepping into this wonderful world, this product is a great first step.

Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral

After learning about this product from YouTube I was really curious to give this a try. I'm in my early 40's and would like to obtain quality skin care at an affordable price and I don't care if I have to order it from Korea direct which was what I did, through a reputable ebay seller. For 1) I want to judge the product based off the standard and quality they make claims about in Korean reviews, so I avoided the US missha site which the prices are more, but regulated by FDA standard, but this is KFDA. 2) I like to try out things from exotic lands, Mrs. Indiania Jones of makeup...lol 3) Korea are competitive even with middle of the road brands against high end products that are known internationally.

I obtained this though a reputable korean seller off of ebay in a set that was $60, First essences and New Science Night serum serum. It came with 2 full and two deluxe travel size of each. Packaging box, bottle is very luxurious and that makes me feel like the customer is special... weird I know. No cheapy, cheapy. Not much of a scent.

Texture is waterly like a toner but you just apply a few drops in the palms of hands and pat it on to a clean face as the first moisturizer. I seems to prep the skin for the serums and your suppose to layer moisturizer like clothes in texture lightest first, medium, thickest last.

I have normal/dry skin and it leaves it lightly hydrated as if the moisture is balanced, no stickiness. Upon first using it the skin feel soft and hydrated. In the first week after a couple of days I experience a slight skin purge but it didn't last, just a zit or two. I use morning and night as the first moisturizer after cleaning. If you've had any microderm abrasion done you will notice that you may need less or that you need less of the other moisturizers/serums, sometimes I have used this alone because I was being lazy or I get enough moisturizing with my sunscreen and other day makeup. It does seem to brighten up the skin but didn't make my age spots disappear, does improve the texture of softer skin.

Conclusion- this is a good very lightweight moisturizer with skin softening ingredient. I have yet to find anything in the US market that compares. The price is fair. I also found that after I do an intensive treatment like a peel, PMD, etc. I will turn to this product immediately and the next day it is like my skin is healed. If anything could change about this I would wish that it came with a optional sprayer to cut down on any waste and preserve the product from air exposure.

I used it for a month during summer. So I just cleaned my face and put this on and did not use any cream after it. At first my skin was good and felt really soft but after a few weeks this essence made my face sticky. It did not go away even after an hour, I also had some pimples coming that had not happened before. Maybe it was just the weather that also was hot but some products are very good at first and after some time (from 2 weeks to 3 months) they just do not do the trick anymore.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Been using this for 6 months now and still like it. It has made my skin brighter and softer. It also lightly moisturized. I have to say that in the first 1 or 2 weeks of use, it slightly irritated my skin a little like retinol does so I used it every other night instead. Some people call it the purging effect. I am glad I didn't give up on it because after the first 2 weeks, when my skin got used to it, the result was very good and now I don't want to be without it. My skin tone has a glow and more even. I have gotten compliments on my complexion since. I use it with the Elizabeth Arden ceramide serum.

I do not want to be without it like never ever again. I love it! It transformed my skin, got rid of hyper pigmentation and diminished my first wrinkles. I am on my third bottle and I have not looked back ever since.!I apply it on my body now as well. In the mornings I alternate it with the first treatment bha/ aha toner since it contains niaciamide and cannot be used with vit c products unless one wants to wait 20 min. Great product- worth the money!

What in god's name is in this stuff? Unicorn piss? The tears of a baby lamb? Kitten laughter? I do not understand how a watery, unscented, toner-esque product that I felt really really silly applying ON TOP of my toner, like a weird second invisi-toner, could have such an immediate and INSAAAAAAAAAANE effect on my skin. This stuff is made of magic.

Let's unpack "essence". No, I do not know what "essence" means. I've just seen like a bazillion bloggers and youtubers talking about "essence" like it's as important as underwear, or three meals a day. After seeing this one mentioned as the cost-friendly alternative to the SK one (which is, what, over a hundred bucks? FOR UNSCENTED MAYBE-TONER? You have got to be fucking kidding), I decided to just take the plunge and try it out.

I had to get it shipped from Amazon and it took a while. (Because obviously they had to distill fairy sweat, or whatever it's made of.) It finally arrived, and my first impression was that it was very nicely packaged. Classy-looking frosted bottle, big twist-off cap, and one of those liquid-dispensing barriers like on a vinegar bottle. That night I did my usual makeup removal, cleanser, and toner. Then I stared skeptically at the bottle of Missha joy juice, shrugged, shook some drops into my palm, and smooshed/patted it all over my face. It felt nice and smooth going on--kind of like water--and had no scent--kind of like water. I was sure at this point that I'd been victim to a wide-reaching international prank. I followed it with my Hada Labo serum stuff (another product that may or may not be a prank), and my Trilogy Rosapene Night Cream (not a prank, this stuff is the tits).

Long story short, I woke up the next morning with the skin of a newborn infant somehow newly attached to my face, and the effects have lasted through the past two weeks of nightly use. WHAT IS THIS MADE OF. Why can we not apply the extent of this genius and technological wonder to issues of climate change, or world peace. Just give all the Nobel Prizes to Korea and be done with it. They win.

So, to sum up, you're going to feel silly buying and using this, but just shut up and do it.

thinking that this really is only for older women, like someone previously stated.
im 22 years old acne prone oily combo but fairly clear nc 20 skin.
this didnt sting just like the person below me, but it did itch, caused irritation and breakouts even if i just used it nightly with no sun exposure
it was very lightweight like a watery texture..
had to sell it, the frosted bottle was cute but thats pretty much useless.

This is my first review on makeup alley - I felt compelled to review this product because of the odd reaction I had to it. I have very sensitive skin - almost every anti - aging product that I have used has broken me out. Yet typically, either I get a stinging sensation, or I break out in 2-3 days. This product didn't sting, but within 9 hours I had gone from baby smooth skin to a pizza face. I was shocked that a product could leave me this inflamed. I wish I hadn't touched this product - if you have sensitive skin, please be very cautious and spot test!!

Top Rated MISSHA Products