MISSHA Time Revolution First Treatment Essence

Saccharomyces Ferment Filtrate (80%), Propanediol,Glycyrrhiza Glabra ( Licorice Root Extract ), Niacinamide, Polyquaternium-51, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Ulmus Davidiana Root Extract, Raffinose, Amaranthus Caudatus Seed, Piper Methysticum Leaf/Root Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis, Chamomile Extract, Phellodendron Amurense Bark, Cassia Alata Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Tromethamine, Water, Adenosine, Ethylhexylglycerin, Lactic Acid, Phenoxyethanol

on 8/28/2015 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

On a trip to Singapore, I went a bit nuts with Korean skincare and had heard only good things about the First Treatment Essence. Unfortunately, it's not that clear how and when you apply it but the sales person was very helpful. She told me you use it instead of toner and either put apply it with a cotton pad or with your fingers. I found you had to use so much product to wet the cotton pad enough to apply it that it was a waste. I applied it with my finger by pouring a small amount into my palm, quickly rubbing my hands together and patting it over my face.

I used the product for several weeks and although it felt nice and didn't irritate my skin, I really noticed no difference at all. Perhaps it only works for specific skin conditions, like discolouration or acne scarring, because I was decidedly underwhelmed.

I didn't hate this product and it certainly didn't make my skin worse but it didn't improve it either. I give it a 'meh' rating and I wouldn't buy it again.

on 8/20/2015 2:23:00 AM

I am not sure of the science behind this product and I've never used SKII, but whatever this is doing to my skin dear spirits in the sky don't let it stop! I love it! My skin looks smoother and brighter. I have issues with eczema like scaley patches on my face--they pop up from time to time and the only relief I get from it are the red welts that replace them when my skin 'calms down'. Its been a nightmare that was getting worse with age.
But I started using First Treatment Essence and my skin is calm, smooth--the redness is gone. And I mean gone. Even hydrocortizone never was this effective!
Give it a whirl if you happen upon a great sale at Missha.

on 8/14/2015 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have dehydrated normal-to-dry skin and I found this product made my skin feel very (uncomfortably) tight. I had to use about twice the amount of moisturizer I normally use in order to achieve the same results. When I woke up the next morning I also found my skin to be uncomfortably tight.

I only used the product for about a week before giving up on it so I'm not sure that would be long enough to have seen any positive changes in my skin, but I personally did not notice a difference.

It very well could work for someone with normal-to-oily skin, and I think it may even have some oil control properties. However, for people with drier skin this may not be the best choice.

on 8/6/2015 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have used this product for about 2 weeks and here is my break down, before i begin i have combination skin with slight sensitivity.

I read a lot of good reviews about this product being the dupe of the SKII Essence so i decided to try it for myself during the winter season.

1) After apply the product on a cotton pad all over my face, it takes quite a while for it to sink in and leaves a sticky feeling.

2) I realised after 1 week usage i started getting clogged pores all over my face. At first i didn't know what caused it because around that same time i started using a lot of other products too. So after 2 weeks my face was a tragedy. I normally have really clear skin and to see it ruined really annoyed me.

3) Judging from a closer investigation of the reviews from makeupalley as well as many other sites i would say this product is aimed for more older targets. People around the ages groups 30+ because they seem to really appreciate what the product does for them. Where as younger audiences around the 20's have all being saying it CLOGS PORES.

In conclusion if you are in your 20's avoid this product is tends to clogs pores for the younger age group, but if you are 30's + i would suggest giving it a try as far as reviews go you will love it.

on 7/29/2015 11:49:00 PM

I have been using it for half a month. It just makes my clogged pore getting worse and break my skin out and new blackheads emerged. Its really sticky as well.

on 7/26/2015 9:47:00 AM

This is amazing. I use this essence as the third step (cleansing water, toner, this essence) in my daily regime - day and night, and it has helped keep the redness of my skin in check, and the surface of my skin smooth. Additionally, in the summertime this essence has been really good when I've been out in the sun and tanning; it's a great 'recovery' treatment for skin that's slightly sunburnt too.

I highly recommend!

on 7/12/2015 8:54:00 AM

SK-II Facial Treatment Essence - you have met your match for 1/2 the price (with better effects from Missha)! I LOVE Missha First Treatment Essence (FTE); soothes, brightens, softens, my skin GLOWS, firms my skin more than SK-II Facial Treatment Essence (FTE)! I'm on my 2nd bottle of Missha FTE and I have 3 more as back-ups. As I'm 49 (Korean-American), I wondered if this would have any effect on my skin (strong enough to make a difference on my mature, dry skin?) so I'm super happy with the results.

After I first bought this (Missha FTE), I liked the way it felt (soothing) but I used to wonder if FTE did anything. It's hard for me to tell on myself re: subtle changes so I rely on my honest friends with hawk eyes to inform me. A friend at Sephora gave me samples of SK-II Pitera Essence when SK-II first came to Sephora (US market). I did a 1/2 face test for 10 days (1/2 face Missha & other 1/2 SK-II). When I went back, my friend at Sephora (eagle eyes) said the Missha Side looked brighter, softer & firmer. Wow - a keeper for me!

This is truly a HG. I just automatically REACH for this wonderful water. After cleansing, I pat/massage all over my face (including eye area) and neck. When I use my vitamin C (OST 21.5) + BHA or AHA Acids (which I wait 20 to 30 minutes each to let them sink in and do their magic), I pat my FTE in and it's SO SOOTHING and preps my skin beautifully for the next steps of my skincare (essence, serum, cream, etc.).

*Reformulation UPDATE - Missha has REFORMULATED the FTE with a slightly different name - "First Treatment INTENSIVE" - already out; removing licorice root extract (wah!). I have 3 bottles of Missha FTE original left (expiring in mid 2017) & I will not re-purchase unless the FTE original formula stays kaput (I'm an optimist that Missha will wisen up and keep their original formula :-).

You can STILL buy this ORIGINAL formula on Missha's US Website (for now). I bought another back-up bottle 2 weeks ago and it expires in July 2017. I also have this in a spray mist in regular & travel size (micro-fine mist; perfection) which is also still sold on Missha's US Website.

I also own Su:m37 Secret Programming Essence: beautiful product with huge following but I don't think I will repurchase - not hydrating enough for my dry skin to justify the price for me, $70 minimum for 80mL/2.66 oz).

I read some of the reviews with the horrible break-outs :-(. I always buy samples on ebay or testerkorea before buying full size items of products I can't test and sample in person. Samples of this (original as well as the new "Intensive" FTE) are on ebay.

It is difficult to find reviews for Asian Beauty Products (I switched to mostly Korean skincare since 2014) on makeupalley. I have to look for reviews on various blogs (which I never know if they are being SPONSORED/biased) or reddit where I have no idea what age or skin type they are.

I hope MORE people write reviews HERE as mua is my favorite resource for reviews (and negative reviews here do not get taken out like they do at sephora or any other commercial website).

I am 49 yrs old with dry skin since my mid 40s (but had combo/oily skin before). People who work in skincare (dermatologists, plastic surgeon nurses, aestheticians, sales associates at Bergdorf, Barneys, Saks) think I'm 28-34 so I try to take care of my skin.

on 6/28/2015 7:36:00 PM

So far so good! I've been using this for about 4 days and it's really soothed my sensitive skin. I got a set for 33$ that included two boxes of silky cotton a large bottle of essence, mini clear toner and two night treatment masks in a lovely box! I actually look forward to cleansing just to use it.

on 6/13/2015 10:46:00 AM

I've been using this product for 2 years now as a toner after washing my face. I also bought the mist spray version which I use in the morning. At night I use the bottled version and put some in a cotton ball. I use this along with my skincare regimen. I also use Clinique and the Time Revolution Night Activator Ampoule. I really love this product. I have oily combination skin. Though the product is a little oily, it doesn't bother me bec our skin do need oils. A little goes a long way. Since I've started using this, I have used up 3 bottles of this already. It does feel a little sticky when it dries but it goes away after I apply my other skincare serum, moisturizer and eye cream. My skin looks clearer and smoother. This will always be a staple in my skincare and it is very affordable. Missha's customer service is very helpful when I call on the phone or through their facebook page.

on 6/10/2015 4:36:00 PM

To the people who commented below, did you ever get in contact with MISSHA about this? I've been trying to call them for a week now but its impossible to get in touch with their customer service and they never pick up their phone.

I had the same issue--I started breaking out and forming bumps and my skin became red. I used it for a week and then I decided to stop using it because my skin was getting really bad. Right after I stopped using it, my skin started clearing up again and now its back to normal.

By any chance was your product manufactured on 20150403? it'll say on the bottom of the bottle kind of like an expiration date but its actually the manufactured date. Possibly it was a bad batch?

Popular Treatments (Face)