September 21, 2014 | 1071 users online

Foundations - Wet 'n' Wild - Coverall Cream Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by anndiee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

What can I say that hasn't already been said about this drugstore gem? I agree with other reviewers who have stated that if this was bottled and sold as a high end foundation, it would still be a best seller. I actually threw out all my other bottles of liquid foundation after I tried this, and I'm not someone who can usually make that kind of commitment to a makeup item. I have a very oily t-zone, but can get dry patches on my cheeks, and most liquids look too shiny on my skin and cause me to get even more oily. But this goes on creamy and sets nearly matte, yet still skinlike, and it wears well thoughout the day. I love the coverage, it's a solid medium, not too heavy, but not overly sheer either. I am around an NC20-25 and "Light" is a great color match. People have complained about how it just oozes out of the top, and I figured out how to put an end to that annoyance. You just have to work the air bubble out of the bottom of the tube to prevent the overflow from the *overly* large mouth opening. I can't believe WnW created such a wonderful foundation...and the price is ridiculously fantastic. I hope this never gets discontinued, although I wouldn't be sad if it were repackaged ;-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Flassie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Really great inexpensive foundation! It reminds me a lot of Laura Mercier's Silk Creme foundation... however it is $3. As someone who does not wear foundation most days, just special occasions or when my skin sucks, I was really glad to find something so inexpensive since I knew I would not use it very often.

Like the LM silk creme it is full coverage... and not always the most natural looking for daytime. This is the kind of foundation that will cover most everything with one tiny pump and look great in pictures, yes... but it is also the type of foundation that will rub off on clothes or your phone, and that will be noticed in natural lighting. But personally I don't think that can be avoided when you want a full coverage.

So long story short, for a full coverage special occasion makeup its great, but it is way too heavy for me to wear on a frequent basis.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by xcourtney3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the lightest shade, "Fair". It is a good match for my skin. (I'm about NW10-15ish) It applies easily, looks better with fingers vs brush, didn't try with sponge. I did not break out using this. The texture was creamy and it doesn't have a lasting smell. Lightweight. I have oily skin and this made me super shiny by the 2 hour mark. I'm giving it 4 stars because it would be a great foundation for someone with less oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by arabiannights

(NC25 for reference, and I got this in Medium/Tan which is a perfect match <3)

OH MY GOSH WHY DIDN'T I TRY THIS SOONER.
THIS IS ONE OF THE NICEST FOUNDATIONS IN DRUGSTORE HISTORY AND PEOPLE SERIOUSLY NEED TO JUST PUT UP A GIANT NEON SIGN TO SING ITS PRAISES.
AND CAN WE JUST LOOK AT THAT PRICE TAG HALLELUJAH I PAID $4.49 AND FOR A NYC DRUGSTORE THAT IS AN AMAZING PRICE.

Anyway, I picked this up today and I'm loving it!

WHEN I OPENED IT I WAS JUST LIKE HOLY SMOKES BATMAN THIS IS THICK
but what else was I expecting from a cream foundation get it together Gabi

I wasn't sure about buying this because I really only like Wet 'n Wild for their eyeshadows and blushes, but after reading countless reviews on MUA and watching demos on Youtube, I just had to try it, especially as I'm running out of my HG foundation, Revlon Nearly Naked (I wear 160, Fresh Beige, which is just a TAD too pink, but I'll probably just add yellow food coloring when I'm not too lazy). I put it on using a damp makeup sponge--I don't own the beauty blender, so I just used a cheap $3 Duane Reade sponge--and it looked AH-MAZING.

Using the sponge gives it more of a natural look, but still with pretty good coverage, which I prefer since it really looks like my skin and not like I caked on fifty gazillion pounds of makeup (made that mistake with the CoverGirl 3-in-1 foundation, and all I needed was some frosting and sprinkles. *shudder*). It's got this nice satin to matte finish that I really like, but I'm not sure if this has SPF in it. It didn't give me flashback though, so I'd recommend definitely using a moisturizer with SPF prior to putting this on.

However, I have dehydrated skin, and I found that building this up CAN make this look cakey, 'cause it's a medium to full coverage foundation, so I don't think I should powder my face until I REALLY freaking need it which is later on in the day when it's warmer. I did use my Rimmel Stay Matte powder in Transparent after I first applied it, and it looks way cakier than I want, so that isn't the best thing but IT BLENDS SO NICELY GUYS!!

Oh yeah, this isn't waterproof at all. Buyers beware.

But honestly for more of an everyday foundation routine, I'd probably just use this to cover up and redness and dark circles, and it's nice for concealing the veins on my eyes. I don't think this is light enough for me to wear ALL over my face, but it's nice for days I need a little extra coverage. c:

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by piccadilly13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to like this more. I had accidentally picked up the wrong shade of the foundation I was currently using (and had been using for about 5 years) and when I went back to return it and exchange it, they were out of the shade I needed. I decided it was a good opportunity to try a new foundation, something I'd been wanting to do as I felt that my current foundation (a powder) made my skin too flaky. I went here on MA and looked up "best foundations for dry skin" and came across this product. At less than $4, it was too good to pass up.

After a week of using it, I've decided that I'm not sure if my skin is considered "dry". It's actually kind of oily in the typical areas with dry patches on top, which is not helpful. I applied this makeup around 8 a.m. and by 2 p.m. or so, I was starting to get major shine between my eyebrows and on the sides of my nose. (Every day has been 95+ degrees though, I must mention.) However, I thought the coverage was good overall - so for someone with truly dry skin, I bet this makeup will work well for you. Good luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by blackrose007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this foundation but the packaging is aweful it leaks so i store it upside down perfect color for me the shade light

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by goodtiger

So wanted this to work but - cyclopentasiloxane is second ingred. Mega zit former for me. DNW.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 5:09:00 AM More reviews by zaniest1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE IT!!! I was looking to upgrade my makeup for some upcoming photo shoots. Little did I know that I could upgrade and spend less money! This foundation goes on smooth and stays on! My skin looks so healthy!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by smuckers85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff blends like a dream with a kabuki brush and has really nice coverage. I set it with MUFE Duo Mat and I've noticed it holds up really well all day. Like everyone else, I can't stand the product waste as a result of awful packaging, but I'm willing to overlook that flaw, because it is after all only $4.99 where I live.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 4:39:00 PM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

a good foundation, i love the coverage but to matte for my likeing and dry skin. but i eill definetly keep using. great quality and texture. but the tube opening is to messy.