Wet 'n' Wild Coverall Cream Foundation

4.1

water, cyclopentasiloxane, isododecane, talc, butylene glycol, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, glycerin, phenyl trimethicone, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, hexyl laurate, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, propylene carbonate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, magnesium aluminum silicate, sodium chloride, lecithin, chlorphenesin, 3-0-ethyl ascorbic acid, bisabol, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, propylene glycol stearate, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, tocopheryl acetate, tetrahhexyldecyl ascorbate, polysorbate 20, propylene glycol laurate, dimethiconol, sorbitan laurate, methylisothiazolinone, titanium dioxide/ci 77891, iron oxides/ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499

on 6/26/2015 2:59:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love the product😍😍😍
I don't write reviews unless I really really REALLYYYYY love something. So simple and short:

Pros:

- great price (economic)
- nice hygienic packaging (tho I wish it was a pump but still really good for the price, can't complain)
- AMAZING coverage; like full on, covers all, natural looking, flawless, allure award winning worthy foundation!
- semi-matte finish; meaning it doesn't cling on to dry patches (I have combo skin very thirsty cheeks) and not overly oily just as it wears some dewiness kicks in.
- Fotographs beautifully no spf so no flashback
- looks natural and set's (not to fast so that's good because it gives you time to work with the foundation and buff into your skin) plus let's the skin breathe it doesn't feel or look cakey
- No fragance

Cons:

- Poor shade range(darkest shade is suitable for a light to medium skintone)
- all shades are overly pink/orangey except medium/tan which is the one I have and luckily its a perfect match like no jawline division of lighter vs darker or vice-versa.
*medium/tan is a yellow/neutral tone based foundation great for Light to light-medium or even medium yellow/neutral undertoned gals.
- if oily or combo/oily you will need to set with a powder
- No spf for those that want sun protection in their foundations.

So overall I rate it a 9.5 (scale of 1-10) love it and I can almost say I think I found my HG foundation that btw is a dupe for Laura Mercier's Flawless Fluid Flundation and cost just a fraction of the LM foundation!

on 6/23/2015 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

*First Impression*

I bought this foundation in a hurry after finding out my regular foundation brand was not available.As soon as I got home, I popped off the lid. To my surprise, the tube was already opened. :( I am not sure when, but my tube was opened in the store which means my tube will expire faster than I hope.

-I applied the foundation WITHOUT primer, moisturizer, or cosmetic tools. I was astonished at the quality of this foundation.

-For the price ( $4.50), this foundation is a steal.

-I instantly noticed the foundation is matte( which is mentioned in the back of the tube.)

-Even though it may seem oily at first, it is very easy to apply and does not leak.

**I tested this out at night and didn't leave it on for long.**

-Will edit in a week for new information-

on 4/30/2015 7:14:00 PM

I really like this foundation. It looks so natural and gives medium coverage on the first layer. I own fair which is a little too light for me but it works. The packaging sucks though, I feel like its hard to close the top shut fully and its easy to accidentally push some of the foundation out into the tube cap when its closed which makes it kind of messy. It didnt oxidize for me at all and blended really well with my buffing brush and beauty blender.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I am on my second tube of this. For the price, about $5, it is a wonderful foundation.

Pros:
-Combined with primer/setting powder, I can get a solid 6 hours of wear before it breaks down.
-Easy to blend, great texture, and settles down into a semi-matte finish which is beautiful.
-Upon first application (I use a standard sponge wedge and stipple it on) it is medium coverage, but can be built up to full with a second layer.
-I get tons of compliments on my skin!

Cons:
-Transfers easily, especially after a few hours of wear.
-Oxidizes ever so slightly.
-The color is a little too pink for my extremely fair neutral skin.

on 4/13/2015 6:18:00 AM

I bought this on a whim because of the price. Am quite impressed with it because after seven hours, my face is nowhere near as oily as it usually is. I got it in 817 which is a little too dark or too pink for me but it didn't oxidise much. I apply it by putting two squirts of it (one squirt is sizeable, about half penny) on the back of my hand and dotting my cheeks, forehead and nose and chin then buffing it with a Real Techniques Expert Face brush. Am combination-oily skin and I live in a tropical country and it's high summer now - still after 7 hours, it looked relatively matte.

on 3/22/2015 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Wowza. Ok the smell is horrible (like sour cream?). But the color is perfect for me. It's a little heavy on its own for my liking so I mix it with moisturizer and use the RT beauty sponge. I'm more of a tinted moisturizer person, but usually those are too dark or too orange for me. This is excellent.

on 2/28/2015 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I am totally blown away by how amazing this foundation is. Wet n Wild? Yep. I would never have tried it except for the rave reviews here on MUA. It is the best medium-full coverage liquid foundation I have ever used, hands down.

I love my Revlon ColorStay, but I've been on an obsessive search for a lighter weight foundation that brightens my aging skin and covers spots and blemishes without highlighting lines. Something that doesn't irritate my skin or make it look older and dull by end of the day.

A light layer of this is perfect medium coverage with a beautifully smooth. satiny finish. Coverage is buildable for problem spots. It is not drying or heavy, looks fresh and natural all day. I'm NC15 and the 815 Fair is a perfect match. I apply it over CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizer and it is good to go. Works well with or without primer. I don't even have to use a concealer! I blot and apply elf HD powder at midday, like I do with all my foundations. Sometimes powder makes my skin look dry and pores larger, but with this foundation I don't have that problem at all. Also, no breakouts!

I keep thinking someone has taken Chanel or NARS foundation and sneaked it into this tube. It is that good, maybe better.

The price is another great point for this as well. I highly recommend trying this, and you're only out a few dollars if it doesn't work. I hope they never discontinue it.

on 2/25/2015 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this to compare with my standard favorite, the Catrice All Matt Plus. I purchased the shade fair, and use the shade light beige in the Catrice brand. The color is definitely a bit lighter than the Catrice, but it's also a bit more pink. I was hoping for something a touch more yellow since I am fairly neutral but have issues with rosacea. This isn't the best undertone match for me, though it is definitely light enough. If you are very fair, this is actually a drugstore foundation that is legitimately fair. It's a shade that I can make work, but I don't really like having to do that when I'm just trying to get out the door in the morning.

The coverage is closer to medium, though much of my redness still shows through. It has the tendency to "sit" on my skin, and I wouldn't bother adding another layer of it to get more coverage. It already looks artificial enough with just one layer, I can't imagine what would happen with two. I wasn't impressed with the finish, it looks very artificial and has the tendency to sink into my pores. It also tends to cling to dry patches. Application takes some serious time and some serious blending. I usually use the Real Techniques blending sponge, a tool that has always given me perfect foundation application in under one minute. The problem must be the foundation.

This foundation hasn't played nicely with other skincare products I use. It clumps up on top of my normal serum, and becomes far too dry over my usual primer. I can sort of get away with it over a light moisturizer, but I have very oily skin and really need the primer to help make my foundation last beyond 3 hours. Because I absolutely can't use it with my primer, the foundation starts melting off my face within a few short hours, and it shows. It doesn't fade off nicely into the distance, no that I could tolerate, it starts to look like it's actually disintegrating off my face.

I'll use this up on days where I just want to pop out and grab some groceries, but for my usual long working days, there's just no way. It's too much effort to make it work and then it just melts off shortly thereafter. I'll be sticking to the Catrice foundation I've been using for years.

on 2/8/2015 7:42:00 PM

First, this is not a full coverage foundation...no where near EL Double Wear. It does give a solid medium coverage. I love the immediate finish, but after an hour, it makes my pores look very pronounced and unattractive...and then my t-zone gets pretty oily. This does not last more than a couple of hours before it fades completely off.

With that said, I will probably always keep a tube in my purse for emergencies and touchups...but I prefer Revlon Colorstay...even after sampling many high end foundations, this one seems to look the best on my skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is my Holy Grail foundation! I used to swear by powder foundation like BareMinerals, but one day something made me want to pick this up in the drugstore. The price was very low (2 for $5) so I though, why not? I got the Wet N Wild Coverall Pressed Powder as well.

I've been using it for over a year now, and it's still HG! I've repurchased and have backups too. I still like to use other things like BB creams when I have good skin days, but when I need coverage because of a breakout, I reach for THIS foundation.

COVERAGE: This is where it gets really serious. It's a full-on medium coverage with only one layer - add a second layer and you get full coverage. It covers all my blemishes and freckles completely. Not only does it mask them with color, but this foundation has a bit of thickness to it as well, so if I have some small bumps or blemishes, it does a great job of building up around them and disguising their volume too. My face ends up looking VERY flawless! I use other full-coverage foundations or BB creams that cover everything in terms of color, but you can still see the bumps on my face. NOT so with this foundation! Wheee!

PACKAGING: It's a squeeze tube, but the hole is a bit larger than other squeeze tubes I've tried, so be careful when you're dispensing it or you might end up with a huge glob! It's very hygienic though, so full points in my book here. And you can really squeeze out every single drop.

WEAR: (Normal to dry skin) If you couple this with the Wet N Wild Coverall Pressed Powder, it lasts an entire workday (nine-to-five). After that, it might wear off slightly, but it's not patchy; it wears off evenly and naturally. Great wear time, love it! Also, this is moisturizing - if you check out the ingredients, it is baobob oil in it. People with oily or combination skin may not experience the best wear time because this is creamy. YMMV depending on your skin type.

FINISH: The finish at first is a satin finish, and if you add the coordinating Wet N Wild Coverall Pressed Powder on top, it will be matte. HOWEVER, this does not STAY satin or matte. I have normal skin, and after a couple hours, it will start turning a little dewy. Not that it looks oily or anything, it just gives your skin a nice, natural skin-like glow. A healthy glow! I love it, and I can wear this in the winter very well. With my normal skin, I can also wear it in the summer if I use a strong setting spray.

CONSISTENCY: It's very thick and creamy when you apply, but it's very easy to blend out. I use my fingers to help warm it up, but I've also applied with a brush before as well. I do think using your fingers gives you a more flawless look.

PRICE: HOLY MOTHER OF... If you don't try this out you're crazy, the price for this thing is LOW LOW LOW compared to its quality. I think it retails for $3.99 regularly, but drugstores often have sales, making this baby DIRT CHEAP.