September 30, 2014 | 1325 users online

Liquid - FLOWER Beauty - About Face Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2014 3:48:00 AM More reviews by ncranney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My new go-to foundation. It comes in very light tones for very light skin, and T1 matches my skin perfectly (which is a rarity for me). It is a bit sheer so you have to apply more for full coverage, but it blends wonderfully, lasts all day, and isn't heavy. Easily worth the $14 a bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2014 3:02:00 AM More reviews by bettyspaceage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is alright. It's incredibly sheer, you have to apply a couple layers to have some decent coverage. It gives a very dewy/shiny look and after a couple hours its looks and feels oily. It only lasts a couple hours and after every use white heads begin to form. I dont like using it anymore and I dont think I care if I finish the bottle or not. will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Annabellapop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

so I've only had it for a day but so far it is an AMAZING Product. i just hope that in the long run, it doesn't break me out. the finish on this is a satiny finish. it feels light weight on my skin. oh and my problem with foundation is that they are ALWAYS so pink!!! I bought the Neutrogena healthy skin foundation and loved the finish and stuff but it was pink!!! it was wayyyyy to pink. But this foundation color was perfect. it matched my light yellow skin tone and i was really happy about it. when you pick out a foundation color. try putting in on in natural lighting. I applied this foundation with my hands and just buffing it out with my real techniques buffing brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 12:57:00 AM More reviews by haleyhenry2011

Great all around as far as medium coverage and variety of colors go! The finish is extremely dewy so powder is much needed especially if you have oily sensitive skin like mine. Also, it helped tone some of the dark spots on my skin so that is a great plus :) It is much less expensive than department store brands and it holds up just as well. I have tried several department store brands and have not been as happy as I have been with this one. It is pricey for a Walmart brand but definitely a must-try!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 12:04:00 AM More reviews by kwill13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I just bought this product at Walmart for about $13 or so. Having oily and acne prone skin I have a lot of trouble finding a foundation that gives me good coverage and stays on for a decent amount of time without being expensive or being cakey. I absoloutly love this product. It gives me everything that I want in a foundation and the fact that I don't even have to use a primer with it is great! I also love that it is easy to blend and even though it does have a great coverage, it doesn't make my skin feel oily and it feels very light. Without a doubt I will be purchasing this again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by eyesopen33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am really liking this foundation. I have only worn it for 1 day, but thus far, it seems to be working well with my skin and other makeup. I have ALWAYS had a difficult time with foundations as I have combo skin, both oily and dry and flaky all at the same time. My skin is just very, very sensitive. I used a dampened sponge to blend this in this morning. It blended in nicely that way, so I felt there was no over application of the product, and it made it a bit more water based. I did buy this in a darker shade initially, and it looked terrible after a few hours, but that was because I had bought too dark of a shade. I feel that her LF1 and LF2 shades are very good for pale skinned gals, like me. They do not have any orange tones, and look closer to a natural shade, so they are neutral or cooler toned foundation bases. If you are looking for a new foundation, give this one by Drew Barrymore a try. If you are looking for a mask, then go to Revlon or something like that. This one by Drew Barrymore was just very refreshing to try out. I will update if I run into any problems, as it's only been 1 day. UPDATE: Still loving this foundation and it has been two months now . It blends in well, wears well, and I don't think it causes breakouts, although not 100% certain of that yet. It does not oxidize either or migrate all over my face. Drew really did a good job with this foundation. Go try it today.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Z67

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is starting to become my new favorite Holy Grail foundation, without a doubt. The color suits me PERFECTLY which was surprising, since the lightest one in the line is somewhat of a light yellow undertone. You know me. I'm a PINK undertone person because it flatters me better, but I know not all compaines do that, which is a shame. But I'm rethinking how my skintone and foundation should look on my face, and this was something I was waiting to try after I finished up my MUFE Mat Velvet +, which is fine, but I dislike matte foundations now unless its for a special event. In the summer, it's too dry on my face, so I needed something lighter, more dewy, more glowy. This is it. I look fresh and dewy, and I know some people say this is a greasy/oily foundation, but it's not entirely oily where it seperates, etc it just has a water like consistency. I believe it is meant for drier skin, and if you have oily skin it may or may not work for you. I suggest trying it out first. I use a sponge/BB or a buffing brush (the RT one) and it looks flawless. I don't use setting powder with this one, becuase it makes me drier but using a finishing spray like the NYX dewy one sets it all day and doesn't make it melt or fade off my face. You can build it up but it's light to medium so for redness/problem areas, use a concealer. As for breaking me out it has done none of that and I've had it for 4 weeks now. Healthy looking skin with this one and I plan to repurchase.

UPDATE 5/07/2014:
Okay, so now after using this for a while, I haven't had any new breakouts or irritations. I'm surprised!! But I did try out some new foundations (silly me!) and I did get some new friends on my face. So I stopped and went back to this, and I'm glad to say that it hasn't worsen those nor made anymore. I already have a second bottle unopened when I run out. I am beyond happy, this is my true Holy Grail foundation. Yay!! :D

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by misspurse1st

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think that this product is greasy and hard to work with. No coverage and my face has totally broken out!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Endit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try this for a long time. There was hype. Early reviews loved it, actual yellow undertones, dewy finish, includes a primer, Vitamin C&E, fragrance free, and has a pump! Flower Beauty's "thing" is to have high tech formulas at cheap prices, via Drew Barrymore doing celebrity advertising for them (for free) and their deal with Walmart to distribute it.

PROS: I have LF2 and it has zero pink undertones (compare it to True Match and you'll see why TM is a joke when it comes to warm and neutral - way too much pink). It also doesn't seem to oxidize much. I usually have a problem with that so that's good. The pump can be easily removed as well and it functions as another way to get product out - essentially you have 3 ways.

CONS: Light coverage. Acne, scars, discolaration, it will NOT cover it up. I know some "build" foundation up, but I've never been a fan of that. Stuff always creases on me and it looks more natural when I use a smaller amount. Plus it dries faster. It would be easier to just use something else with higher coverage. Anyways, the foundation looks good when I first start blending it, but after that's done it's obvious that this is a light coverage foundation, not to medium at all. In nice light, it looks good, but come on, good lighting > good makeup. In daylight nothing really hides. I remember Fit Me (the liquid one) having more coverage than this! Also, the pump on my product is bent and dispenses inconsistently.

OTHER: Shade LF2 is pale and quite yellow. It matches my face, but my face is slightly darker than my neck, so I like to lighten it up a bit (I also do this to offset any oxidation that may occur later). My neck is just so pale. This is such light coverage that it can't do that. Sometimes it looks nearly perfect right after I apply it though. If in doubt, go for LF1. Texture is thick, but not too thick. I use my fingers and it blends ok (I don't like using brushes, so no comment there). The finish is definitely on the dewy side. When first applied, it's most noticable, but besides that I think the finish doesn't have much of an impact. It can be easily powdered matte, when my skin is drier, it looks drier, and when it's more moist, it looks more moist. This is a more emollient foundation though. I don't know about the primer properties but it holds up ok for me.

OVERALL: This is a "already have good skin" foundation. Low amount of flattering coverage which I think would work on most people, but I want more coverage and dewier. I'm also dealing with some rather persistent acne and red spots (two areas that refuse to go away). I'm not sure if this is the culprit, but it doesn't cover it up well. I said no to buying again, but it wasn't horrible so it will probably be a backup option (in LF1, not LF2 though). Their BB Cream, while only availble in 4 shades, is supposed to be really high coverage however.

UPDATE (Spring 2014): This stuff takes too long to set on my skin. I'm used to that happening, but now I'm getting annoyed. 20+ minutes and it still feels emollient. I really wish it dried faster or felt drier. The initial sheen can also be VERY dewy. One of my favorite finishes is Revlon Photoready (when not set with powder and not in natural light showing off the shimmer), it has the perfect amount of sheen withou being greasy. This isn't quite that.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by valindafiddle

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have spent hundreds of dollars on foundations-enough to buy a small car---high end, low end, no end. The problem was both color and textural, and I have a serious sensitivity to paraben loaded make-up. They actually caused me to have gyn problems. I have extremely light to porcelain skinned and foundations would either be too dark, muddy, or too light and sheer pasty. Then, I might come close to a workable foundation but I was getting older and the stuff would 'glove' as the day wore on (dry to pinchy, wrinkly look). I was so tired of the whole thing. I am day and night active with the public and maybe over conscientious of my looks but this was a constant burden. I just wanted to look healthy, bright, and have flattering colorization like I see with others in their make-up palette.
I had seen Flower at Walmart but just shrugged. However, late one night I decided to read the reviews and found it was paraben free and had very good colorization for pale skins and thrilled it was yellow based. I drove to Walmart early in the morning and bought the lightest F1. I ultimately mixed it with a thin film of F4 for my primer as it is the yellowest in the line. I got the ah-hah buzz AND---importantly----now the delicious $2 each chemical free mineral pots I get from eBay (cheeks, lips, eyes) look absolutely fabulous. I could not get this effect with other foundations. I am absolutely thrilled. I've had no allergic reactions, it stays on all day, and the vibrancy maintains. The texture beats any high end stuff I ever tried. I would say it is best for combination to dry/very dry skin as others have said, and don't know the effect on darker skins. But it is the ultimate color corrector and vibrancy base for pale/light/medium skin tones in the combination to dry/very dry, combination skin group. My dark circles correct easily now and a friend I had not seen in a long time gave me the, 'What have you done???? Wow!' I use a very light texture yellow-edged finishing powder. I must need a lot of color correction because this does not leave me looking yellow----just looking healthy. I love it and the long search is over. Let me throw a party (and save a lot of money).
My cleansing routine is olive oil and a warm, wet rag.
My first primer is Miracle II Neutralizer (TBS. or two in a small spray bottle with pure water), a single spray mixed with two drops of vegetable glycerin (I do not sell MIracle II). This IS a miracle. It is the perfect skin filler, non greasy skin retexturizer. Nothing like it. I had tried all of those, too.
My night moisturizer is organic coconut oil with a few drops of pure rose oil in a whole jar.
My facial exercises are Carolyn's Facial Fitness and a few from Facelift Without Surgery.
I am 60. I look 50 (or less).
If someone is having problems with the consistency of this foundation, it might be resolved with a retexturizing product for your skin like I mentioned above or of your choice. I will say working a little with retexturizing my skin causes any foundation to 'sit' properly.
But it took Flower Foundation to make me feel good every morning with my makeup palette. Sometimes it pays to take one more chance.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No