October 1, 2014 | 1817 users online

Blush - MAC - Poised

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted a good everyday blush for spring/summer. First blush that actually looks peach on me instead of orange. Gives my skin a pretty, natural flush. Well pigmented but not easily overdone. Love satin finish blushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by msdi2u

MAC's satin finish blushes are my favorites, and Poised is no exception. At first I was afraid this would be a dupe for Cream Soda from the Archie Collection (I ordered Poised online), but Poised is more pigmented. I am NW20, and this muted peachy color gives me an instant, sun-kissed look. The color is closer to some of the bronzers I own as opposed to my blushes, and I'm lovin' it. I actually prefer to use bronzer as my blush, so Poised is a welcome addition to my cheek collection. The color played nicely with my skin tone and made my skin look radiant all day. Like the reviewer before me, I didn't get that frosty-look that a few online bloggers show in their pictures. It might be that the "shine" only comes thru when photographed... but since I didn't take my picture when wearing it, I can't tell for sure. Regardless, I prefer my cheek color without a lot of frost, so Poised fit the bill and the color is right up my alley! Thanks, MAC! (I still think MAC makes the best blushes!!!)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 6:14:00 AM More reviews by alaras

Online pictures shows that the colour is quite close to Nars' Madly blush.
My skintone is NC20 and Poised looks more pink on me compared to Madly. Madly was more brown. Poised has true satin finish, some blog reviews show almost a frost look but I didn't find a lot of shimmer in it. On the cheeks it's very natural looking. I have brown eyes, very dark brown eyebrows and I found this to be a bit... blah on me. But I would recommend this if you are blonde or have a bit more tanned skin than NC20. On blondes this should look very sophisticated, on NC25 - 30 it will look like natural muted flush.