April 18, 2014 | 1931 users online

Lip Gloss - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Luscious Lips

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 3:08:00 AM More reviews by ilymed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bottom line: not hydrating enough for a lip treatment and too sticky for a lip gloss.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 5:41:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this gloss on a whim when I bought some other stuff online from Sephora. I can't go into Sephora or even on their website without buying something I don't need at the last second. I've ended up with more random products this way.

This is the first Josie Maran product I've tried. Most of her products are (in my opinion) terribly overpriced so I've been hesitant to shell out the dough for any of them. I'm a fan of argan oil in theory but the reality is it makes me break out. Since her products are all about the argan oil, that's another reason I haven't bought any thing from her line. Anyhow, this gloss appealed to me because of the shiny, slim gold tube (yes, I'm like a child...oh, shiny!). The gloss itself has no color whatsoever so if you're looking for that, don't buy this. This would probably work well with a lip liner or even for a topping for lipstick. It's not overly sticky or goopy and almost feels like a balm. I haven't noticed any demonstrative moisturizing going on, but it is a nice gloss. There's really no scent or flavor to speak of either. It also comes in a convenient squeeze tube with a slanted applicator so there's no need for a lip brush or any gross finger dipping.

The only real issue with this gloss is the price. It's basically a clear gloss with some argan oil in it stamped with a model's name for $16. It's really no better than a regular gloss that wasn't "created" by a (albeit lovely) model that sells for much, much less. That said, I'm not kicking myself over this purchase. I really, really like the gold packaging and it's rare to find a non-sticky/goopy gloss that is in a convenient package. Conversely, I probably won't buy this again because it take me eons to finish a tube of gloss (seriously, they usually spoil and turn funky before I finish them) and I really try to limit my dumb impulse buys to once a month.