April 17, 2014 | 1172 users online

Hair Removal - Sally Hansen - Sally Hansen Creme Hair Remover Kit

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Justntime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It was hard to remove all the hair with one wax strip, I found myself doing it more than once very painful!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by agnsbmnd

This used to be my go-to...worked PERFECTLY. This last tube I bought had new packaging...and low and behold they changed the formula. I'ts thinner and it does NOT work. At all. I've left it on for 15 minutes, compared to the 7 before and the hair doesn't do a thing. I wrote the company and they sent me a coupon...but I am still real disappointed. Why fix something that's not broken and ruin it??? I have some Olay on order....

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by YEAHAnGiE

I had this product for about a year and I use it once a month. It took me a while to figure out the right minutes to leave it on my skin without it drying it out and irritating it, or without it not 100% removing my hair. Once I figured out the appropriate time I had no issues, this defiantly replaced my waxing appointments. My hair doesn't grow back thicker and it doesn't grow fast. I leave the cream on my upper lip 4 min and my sideburns 6, and NOT a minute less because 1 minute more would irritate my skin. I don't use the soothing cream that comes with the product because it breaks me out, I use baby oil or aloe gel. I don't recommend the soothing cream. I recommend doing a spot test on your hand first!!!! Also slowly figuring out how many minutes to leave it on your skin. Finding the perfect minutes it takes to remove your hair without irritating your skin, because every girls hair thickness is different and so is their skin, so it's important to figure out what amount of time works best for you.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wonder if products like this change after a few months because when I first started using this -- it worked like a charm on my upper lip area. After a few months, it started leaving my skin red, flaky and kind of old-skin looking. I only used this about twice a month and followed the package directions. However, I have discontinued using this because I felt that it was burning my skin. So 2 lippies because it might work for some -- but long term --- ouch!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by BlueCatAnubis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My sister gave this creme to me because she ended up not liking it as it did not get rid of her facial hair. I have upper lip hair like the other reviewers and after awhile I hate to look at it, so I decided to use this stuff.

First of all this stuff smells like sulfur and is white in color. It recommends to test on your arm first and wait 24 hrs to see if you have an allergic reaction to it. I did that, but did not wait 24 hrs and I did not have much reaction.

Anyhoo, I've used this three times on my upper lip and each time I end up with burning, redness and small scabs in the area. The only reasons I have used it again is because I thought I'd see if it would do this again to me, plus it keeps the hair away for a long time. I applied a layer of creme to the area, let it sit for 3-4 minutes and wiped with a wet cotton ball. Immediately I saw inflammation of the area and so I soaked it in warm running water, and then applied ice because the water was not helping.

This was the worst experience by far because of how much it burned, and for how long too. I could actually smell my skin burning, and it is so raw afterwords. Be aware this will not work for everyone and if your skin is sensitive in the least bit stay away from it. The product does work though and kudos for those who can actually use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by TheLastOfUs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have upper lip hair that just grossed me out over time. However, the breaking point was when people were teasing me about it. I used this, and my lip hair was gone and I feel much better.

Just like the person below me said, it comes with a bottle of the actual cream and another small bottle, though this one is a lotion to put on afterwards. The first time I used it, it hurt like hell. But, even though I do not have sensitive skin, no matter the product I use on my upper lip, the first time it's going to sting. Anytime after the first time I don't feel anything, so I definitely won't be taking any points away for that.

It smells bad, but not nearly as bad as Nair. It removes pretty much all of my hair, though I do find the need to tweeze a few stray hairs. The lotion isn't a big deal, I could live without it, but it's nice to have around anyway. Excellent hair removal cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 12:03:00 AM More reviews by MissAwesome

This is my go to hair remover! And if you girlies have that embarrassing upper lip, like me, you can definitely go to this!
I bought this around $6 and it comes with a lot of hair removal product and it also comes with a small bottle of lotion afterwards.

You put on a semi-thick layer and leave it on for 5-8 minutes, wipe off with a cotton ball, rinse with lukewarm water, pat dry, and use the lotion on the area.

The product does what it says it does, remove hair. I've noticed it does come back lighter and less, so I'm already happy with that. The product didn't leave an irritation, sting, nor break me out, but my skin was a bit red afterward. It did wear off an hour later, so I would use this at night and not walk around with a red upper lip.

Disappointing, it doesn't wipe off all my hair and I would sometimes go back and pluck some off. And it is long lasting. I would use it again a week, sometimes even sooner if there's a special occasion. I know I shouldn't do that; however, my skin doesn't break out, get a rash, or get irritated that easily, so I do.

Overall, I will buy this again and again until suddenly my hairs are gone!