January 26, 2015 | 991 users online

Palettes - NARS - And God Created the Woman Set (LE)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2015 1:24:00 PM More reviews by meglovesbeauty

I FRICKING LOVE THIS PALETTE!

The colours are absolutely gorgeous, I do think that they are typical neutral palette colours but I'm a smokey eye, browns, golds, neutral palette hoarder and so for me, I probably already have dupes for every single shade I own but I just enjoy these colours so much!

I've seen some people complain a little about the pigment and I have to say I haven't seen a problem but I do like eyeshadows not to have heavy pigmentation or colour pay off as I prefer to be able to build the colour myself into the shade I would like. For example, I don't always want jet black smokey eyes, sometimes I would just like a smokey, charcoal black instead!

My favourite shade in the whole palette is the shimmery, champagne colour, I find this absolutely stunning to wear and amazing for opening up the eyes and for using on the inner corner or brow bone highlight!

The brush is ok, it is soft and an ok brush to blend but I will never betray my 217 and so therefore I think I'll only use the brush if I've been neglectful and forget to wash my other brushes!

The primer is really really good and I'm so glad this comes included as the only eyeshadow primer I have is UD Primer Potion in the shade Sin, which although is gorgeous, the shimmer shows through and is sometimes a little too much for day time! So I'm so glad I have an uncoloured eyeshadow primer and this one is honestly just as good as my UD one in terms of staying power and keeping my eyeshadow from creasing!

Overall a gorgeous palette that I know I'll get so much use from and would make a stunning gift!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by TattooedPrncsz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this when intinally released. It is a great 6 color palette in neutral tones with 2 matte shades, 2 shimmer shades and 2 glitter shades. It came as a boxed set along with a small sized NARS eye brush and a small NARS eye primer.

The palette itself if your not used to NARS palettes is pretty small in size; but I have owned other NARS ones similar to this so I expected the size. Its around the size of a credit card but just a tad longer. The brush is a basic C brush, I hate the small size so I gave it away but it was a very nice soft brush. The primer I already use so that was an added bonus for me. The colors are great for sexy smokey eyes; They are all pretty pigmented with the exception of the grey matte shade..that color makes me look like I was punched in both eyes, it's a wishy-washy grey that looks muddy and pretty bad on my skin. Its a shame because that color is my favorite in the pan. the shadows last well into the night with a good primer and I love that the black shade doesn't make me look racoonish when I leave the club. The size is great for travel and the packaging is the classic NARS black container and as with all NARS products they look very nice on my vanity. the box it came in was also very classic and giftable.

I paid $59 USD for this gift set. I highly suggest picking this up as a gift for someone, and if I got this as a gift I wouldn't mind at all. But this isn't something i'd pick up for myself again..Its easy to pass over bevause the colors are kind of boring and I don't find myself reaching for this as often as I thought I would.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by StacyMom4Real

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this because the name tickled my fancy. However, I am have to say the qaulity was there as well. This is my first ever NARS purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by blackberries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE Nars eyeshadows, first of all. I have three eyeshadow duos from Nars (buying my 4th one soon), and I LOVE THEM!!!!! The quality is AMAZING, I almost have to be delicate with my brush just to preserve the beauty of these. (Obviously that's not working due to my daily usage/abuse to Nars' wonderful makeup)

Now THIS PALETTE??? It's such a joke! It was actually the first eyeshadow I ever owned from Nars (I bought this BEFORE buying the duo's). At first I thought I was using this incorrectly... the colour payoff is very light (the top row is totally useless on me, the colours do not show up at all unless I pack on about 10 layers) and it takes a few brush strokes to pick up the powder.

Comparing to the duo's I have now, I cannot believe the difference between this palette and Nars' duo eyeshadows!!!!! The duo's are buttery, highly pigmented, and incredibly smooth. A tap of the brush will pick up A LOT of eyeshadow.

This palette? It does not compare at all to Nars' quality! Although the bottom row performs a little better, I'd rather pay the price of Nars' duo/single eyeshadow for better quality and quantity. Also this palette is $68CAD (still!!!!), it isn't cheap.

I do love love love the size of this thing though. But in the end I returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by erikanicole76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

When the palette was first released, I was torn. I have bought NARS items in the past that werent the best quality. Some shadows were chalky, and others just didnt look right with my skin tone. (I am an NC42 in MAC and tend to get a shade darker in summer months)
I kept looking at swatches, reading reviews and figured what the heck, just try it. So, I finally made the purchase and although I havent used it daily, I do LOVE the palette. Yes, I too will say they amount of shadow is ridiculous for the price of the actual palette, but the color payoff is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! The set came with the palette, the brush and the eye primer. I cant really say that I loved the primer as UD primer potion is my holy grail, but the brush is lovely also. I would recommend this for anyone that likes to do smokey eyes, or just a simple nude eye during the day. You can experiment with the colors and see what works best for you! The colors actually lasted on my eyes all day which is a plus since I wear makeup 10 hrs in a given day.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by BeautyJunkie1130

This is my first NARS eyeshadow palette, and overall I do think it is a good product. The shadows are so beautiful and the color payoff is pretty good. I have seen other reviews stating that the single shadows have better pigmentation, but sinc these are my first NARS eyeshadows, I cannot compare them to the single compacts. My favorite colors are Bellisima and Galapagos! They are so gorgeous and are perfect for an everyday neutral, smokey look. The primer works really well, and the brush included in the palette is actually nice! The only con about this palette is the price. 60 bucks for 6 teeny tiny shadows, a mini primer and brush is ridiculous, therefore I do not see myself repurchasing this. Beautiful colors, but way too overpriced.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by DivaDeLosMuertos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

The colors are gorgeous and im a huge nars fan. I own some their eyeshadow singles that I love (coconut grove, ashes to ashes, abyssinia) and crave more of but for the palette i received, the quality of the shadows wasn't up to par with their usual extra pigmented one-swipe buttery smooth texture. The least pigmented of them all was bellissima, which showed up but wasnt as good as i expected, and the best was night clubbing (amazing pay off). The primer was great and the brush was fine. I did love it, but not enough to spend $60 on it so I ended up returning it :( Instead I am going to buy the shadows as singles. I guess palettes are a hit or miss...too bad because i love the concept

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by hollyms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh. My. God. As if I needed another neutral palette.... and yet I couldn't resist. And I'm so glad I didn't. :) Out of all the neutral palettes I own (Naked, Naked II, Lorac pro, Too Faced Natural & Boudoir, Kat Von D Saint.....) this is by far my favorite. The reason is because these colors are SO GORGEOUS. They are the highest quality eye shadows I've seen. They look so lux and beautiful on and they go together perfectly. The only thing wrong with this palette is the price and its very small size. But the brush normally costs $55, so that makes up for it ;) I would buy this again in a heartbeat.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by haruhii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I stared at this for quite a while before deciding to get it. Compared to some other palettes that I have, this seemed to contain quite a small amount of product for the price. I was in the market for a high quality travel sized palette so I decided to pick this up. I've used this daily for about a week now and I have to say that I am very pleased! The shadows are high quality and blend very well. At a glance, it reminds me of a mini version of my Naked 2 palette. All six colors are very wearable and blend well with each other. I've worn them for 12 hours with no fading or creasing.

The primer is great. I've used it before and it works just as well as the Urban Decay Primer Potion. The brush is a little oversized for detail work but great quality.

I hope NARS continues to come out with such high quality palettes as I wouldn't hesitate to buy them all! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by itsiliii

HOLY PENGUINS.

Actually now that I start thinking about it, I don't really remember when I first became interested in this palette. The fact is that once i saw it, I could not stop thinking about how fabulous it would be amongst my palette collection! However, i could not get over that 60 dollar price tag either. YEOUCH. 60 bucks for such a tiny little palette. But I decided to take the plunge and I do not regret it one bit.

Comes with primer and brush so the price tag doesnt seem as ridiculous anymore, the shades are absolute gorgeous, and consists of browns/neutrals. The majority, are very smoky dark colors, so this is a palette i use when im trying to make more of a statement or when i go out at night.

Either way fabulous palette and i really recommend it, it is definitely something I will use for a long time so its worth it :D