July 25, 2014 | 1103 users online

Palettes - NARS - And God Created the Woman Set (LE)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by StacyMom4Real

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this because the name tickled my fancy. However, I am have to say the qaulity was there as well. This is my first ever NARS purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by blackberries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE Nars eyeshadows, first of all. I have three eyeshadow duos from Nars (buying my 4th one soon), and I LOVE THEM!!!!! The quality is AMAZING, I almost have to be delicate with my brush just to preserve the beauty of these. (Obviously that's not working due to my daily usage/abuse to Nars' wonderful makeup)

Now THIS PALETTE??? It's such a joke! It was actually the first eyeshadow I ever owned from Nars (I bought this BEFORE buying the duo's). At first I thought I was using this incorrectly... the colour payoff is very light (the top row is totally useless on me, the colours do not show up at all unless I pack on about 10 layers) and it takes a few brush strokes to pick up the powder.

Comparing to the duo's I have now, I cannot believe the difference between this palette and Nars' duo eyeshadows!!!!! The duo's are buttery, highly pigmented, and incredibly smooth. A tap of the brush will pick up A LOT of eyeshadow.

This palette? It does not compare at all to Nars' quality! Although the bottom row performs a little better, I'd rather pay the price of Nars' duo/single eyeshadow for better quality and quantity. Also this palette is $68CAD (still!!!!), it isn't cheap.

I do love love love the size of this thing though. But in the end I returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by erikanicole76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

When the palette was first released, I was torn. I have bought NARS items in the past that werent the best quality. Some shadows were chalky, and others just didnt look right with my skin tone. (I am an NC42 in MAC and tend to get a shade darker in summer months)
I kept looking at swatches, reading reviews and figured what the heck, just try it. So, I finally made the purchase and although I havent used it daily, I do LOVE the palette. Yes, I too will say they amount of shadow is ridiculous for the price of the actual palette, but the color payoff is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! The set came with the palette, the brush and the eye primer. I cant really say that I loved the primer as UD primer potion is my holy grail, but the brush is lovely also. I would recommend this for anyone that likes to do smokey eyes, or just a simple nude eye during the day. You can experiment with the colors and see what works best for you! The colors actually lasted on my eyes all day which is a plus since I wear makeup 10 hrs in a given day.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by BeautyJunkie1130

This is my first NARS eyeshadow palette, and overall I do think it is a good product. The shadows are so beautiful and the color payoff is pretty good. I have seen other reviews stating that the single shadows have better pigmentation, but sinc these are my first NARS eyeshadows, I cannot compare them to the single compacts. My favorite colors are Bellisima and Galapagos! They are so gorgeous and are perfect for an everyday neutral, smokey look. The primer works really well, and the brush included in the palette is actually nice! The only con about this palette is the price. 60 bucks for 6 teeny tiny shadows, a mini primer and brush is ridiculous, therefore I do not see myself repurchasing this. Beautiful colors, but way too overpriced.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by DivaDeLosMuertos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

The colors are gorgeous and im a huge nars fan. I own some their eyeshadow singles that I love (coconut grove, ashes to ashes, abyssinia) and crave more of but for the palette i received, the quality of the shadows wasn't up to par with their usual extra pigmented one-swipe buttery smooth texture. The least pigmented of them all was bellissima, which showed up but wasnt as good as i expected, and the best was night clubbing (amazing pay off). The primer was great and the brush was fine. I did love it, but not enough to spend $60 on it so I ended up returning it :( Instead I am going to buy the shadows as singles. I guess palettes are a hit or miss...too bad because i love the concept

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by hollyms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh. My. God. As if I needed another neutral palette.... and yet I couldn't resist. And I'm so glad I didn't. :) Out of all the neutral palettes I own (Naked, Naked II, Lorac pro, Too Faced Natural & Boudoir, Kat Von D Saint.....) this is by far my favorite. The reason is because these colors are SO GORGEOUS. They are the highest quality eye shadows I've seen. They look so lux and beautiful on and they go together perfectly. The only thing wrong with this palette is the price and its very small size. But the brush normally costs $55, so that makes up for it ;) I would buy this again in a heartbeat.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by haruhii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I stared at this for quite a while before deciding to get it. Compared to some other palettes that I have, this seemed to contain quite a small amount of product for the price. I was in the market for a high quality travel sized palette so I decided to pick this up. I've used this daily for about a week now and I have to say that I am very pleased! The shadows are high quality and blend very well. At a glance, it reminds me of a mini version of my Naked 2 palette. All six colors are very wearable and blend well with each other. I've worn them for 12 hours with no fading or creasing.

The primer is great. I've used it before and it works just as well as the Urban Decay Primer Potion. The brush is a little oversized for detail work but great quality.

I hope NARS continues to come out with such high quality palettes as I wouldn't hesitate to buy them all! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by itsiliii

HOLY PENGUINS.

Actually now that I start thinking about it, I don't really remember when I first became interested in this palette. The fact is that once i saw it, I could not stop thinking about how fabulous it would be amongst my palette collection! However, i could not get over that 60 dollar price tag either. YEOUCH. 60 bucks for such a tiny little palette. But I decided to take the plunge and I do not regret it one bit.

Comes with primer and brush so the price tag doesnt seem as ridiculous anymore, the shades are absolute gorgeous, and consists of browns/neutrals. The majority, are very smoky dark colors, so this is a palette i use when im trying to make more of a statement or when i go out at night.

Either way fabulous palette and i really recommend it, it is definitely something I will use for a long time so its worth it :D

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by chocolaterocks12

NARS eyeshadows for the most part are amazing quality and the eyeshadows in this palette are no exception! the colors in this palette are gorgeous and versatile - you can do both day and night looks with this palette. it is perfect for traveling because it is really compact/small but it still has all the colors you would need to do both day and night looks. the palette also comes with the nars smudge proof eyeshadow base (which is great) and a NARS #3 eyeshadow brush. even though this palette is expensive i would still highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by MsKrissyMakeup

This is my first NARS purchase and I am more than satisfied! The rep at Sephora explained to me that this is a great value. The palette itself is gorgeous. When wearing eye shadow, I lease towards neutral and taupe shades. This palette includes both. It is great for day or night looks and is so small and compact that you can take it along with you in your purse to work and pop one of the darker shades in your crease or outer v for a sexy clubbing/happy hour look :) The color payoff for this palette exceeds my expectations! I was so impressed at how pigmented and silky the were. I wore the shadow for a 12 hour day and it didn't budge The combination of the primer and shadows is perfect! I'm definitely going to purchase the full size of the smudge proof eye shadow base. This was a great investment for me and I am extremely happy with the quality of the product. I would for sure but this product again!