April 23, 2014 | 1945 users online

Styling Products - Not Your Mother's - Beat the Heat thermal shield spray

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This may work fine, but like others -- the smell is way too pungent.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by axialmeow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This might work ok but I just can't get past the strong scent. I had to throw it out. At first it was ok but the more I used it the sicker I got of the scent. I think I used it a total of 4 times before I threw it out. It smells like that old school Bath and Body Works raspberry fragrance so if you like that one you'll like this.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Ohmygoshgiraffes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You know when people say third times the charm? Not for this product . I wanted to see f my hair would get used to this product so I kept using it even after I saw that it made the sprayed section sticky, dry, and straw like. I didn't even feel like it protected my hair what so ever. I'd stay away

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by KBru

This smells like the old sun-ripened raspberries from B&BW. It sprays well and evenly distributes and seems to protect and help smooth my hair, which is all I can ask for in a thermal protectant. One star off because I have had cheaper brands do the same job.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by juliamariexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just finished my second bottle of this product, and I most likely not repurchase it. The price is amazingly affordable, but I can find products with more benefits for just $1-2 more. The product itself has a pleasant smell, but left a lot of build up on my hair, and hair tools.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by eksims

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm on my second bottle of this. It's great because it's a fair price and does not weigh down hair, make it feel sticky, oily, or built up. I think it does a decent job of protecting from heat, however I do wish it had some added qualities, like making my hair softer or sleeker, but for the price, it does the job!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Monseter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got this a few days ago and I can already say it's going to be with me for a really long time. It's one of the few heat protectants out there without any silicones in it!!!!!

Silicones are bad news for your hair, google it.

The packaging is nice and it's about five bucks at ulta. It smells amaaaaaazing (like candy) and I did see an improvement in my hair when straightening it, it made my hair bouncy and shiny which was awesome. I think a common mistake is drenching your hair in the product, it WILL make you feel like you're frying your hair because that shit sizzles if you happen to run your straightener across it while it's still wet.

The instructions clearly say to dry your hair, apply this (LET IT DRY!!!!!!!!!) and then straighten. It's like a hairspray (dries instantly, I promise) so you do have to wait for it to dry before you straighten your hair, don't bathe yourself in the product and you'll be happy with your purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Tat7386

Absolutely hated this product, literally tried it once and that was enough for me. The spray made my hair feel like I had just used a spray GEL...it made my hair super crunchy and hard...how am I supposed to use my straightner on that? I had to wash my hair all over again. I love this line's sea salt spray but stay away from the heat protectant there are waaaaay better products out there for that..I'd recommend the tresemme one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the first heat protectant I have used so I can't compare it to anything but I really like it. A light spritzing before using the flat iron or curling iron and my hair looks and feels more smooth and shiny. No gunky buildup, no greasiness, no complaints. I would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by CPBraswell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

No, no, no!!! This product is sticky and makes me hair feel straw like after use. In fact, once I started using this products I panicked thinking my hair was fried from my straightener! But I decided to use the last of my tresemme thermal spray, I realized it wasn't my hair but the product that was making my hair look fried. Going back to my previous product!