August 30, 2014 | 1795 users online

Styling Products - Not Your Mother's - Beat the Heat thermal shield spray

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by jordancrook

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awful. I don't get how it's supposed to be so great for your hair and protect it, when the first ingredient is alcohol! It smells weird, makes my hair crunchy, and my style doesn't last at all. Terrible, terrible, terrible.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2014 8:19:00 AM More reviews by SierraLiz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff would be mediocre, but it smells so bad. And the cheap wine scent lingers for days! (I only wash my hair every three days.) It's supposed to help hold style, but it makes your hair crunchy. Even the bottle is crunchy. It's so crunchy, in fact, that it gunks up the spray nozzle! I usually try to finish stuff, but I'm just going to throw this away.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by fuckoff

HATED THIS PRODUCT. I can't get over the strong smell, it reeks so terribly of alcohol. it acts more of a hairspray than a heat protector, it leaves your hair crunchy and sticky. gross. hated it. Save your money and buy a good heat protectant

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This may work fine, but like others -- the smell is way too pungent.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by axialmeow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This might work ok but I just can't get past the strong scent. I had to throw it out. At first it was ok but the more I used it the sicker I got of the scent. I think I used it a total of 4 times before I threw it out. It smells like that old school Bath and Body Works raspberry fragrance so if you like that one you'll like this.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Ohmygoshgiraffes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You know when people say third times the charm? Not for this product . I wanted to see f my hair would get used to this product so I kept using it even after I saw that it made the sprayed section sticky, dry, and straw like. I didn't even feel like it protected my hair what so ever. I'd stay away

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by KBru

This smells like the old sun-ripened raspberries from B&BW. It sprays well and evenly distributes and seems to protect and help smooth my hair, which is all I can ask for in a thermal protectant. One star off because I have had cheaper brands do the same job.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by juliamariexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just finished my second bottle of this product, and I most likely not repurchase it. The price is amazingly affordable, but I can find products with more benefits for just $1-2 more. The product itself has a pleasant smell, but left a lot of build up on my hair, and hair tools.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by eksims

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm on my second bottle of this. It's great because it's a fair price and does not weigh down hair, make it feel sticky, oily, or built up. I think it does a decent job of protecting from heat, however I do wish it had some added qualities, like making my hair softer or sleeker, but for the price, it does the job!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Monseter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got this a few days ago and I can already say it's going to be with me for a really long time. It's one of the few heat protectants out there without any silicones in it!!!!!

Silicones are bad news for your hair, google it.

The packaging is nice and it's about five bucks at ulta. It smells amaaaaaazing (like candy) and I did see an improvement in my hair when straightening it, it made my hair bouncy and shiny which was awesome. I think a common mistake is drenching your hair in the product, it WILL make you feel like you're frying your hair because that shit sizzles if you happen to run your straightener across it while it's still wet.

The instructions clearly say to dry your hair, apply this (LET IT DRY!!!!!!!!!) and then straighten. It's like a hairspray (dries instantly, I promise) so you do have to wait for it to dry before you straighten your hair, don't bathe yourself in the product and you'll be happy with your purchase.