Not Your Mother's Beat the Heat thermal shield spray

2.7

Alcohol Denat, Water, VP/VA Copolymer, Fragrance, Acetamide MEA, Octylacrylamide / Acrylates / Butylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, PVP, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus Seed Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylene Glycol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Citric Acid, Retinyl Palmitate

on 2/2/2015 7:57:00 PM

I love the smell but I had a lot of problems with it. It left my hair really really staticky and like the I used it I had to wash it out. It made my hair nasty feeling. I usually use CHI oil stuff, but I couldnt find it. :(

on 1/8/2015 1:02:00 AM

I recently bought this product and I loved it!! I love the smell it leaves on my hair and left my hair looking good so far. :)

on 12/28/2014 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The first ingredient is alcohol and it drys the hair so much, I really don't notice my hair being more protected from the heat than normal and the smell is terribly strong and lingers for days. Would not recommend

on 10/28/2014 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

so I picked up this product at Walmart. I needed a heat protection asap. I was drawn to this because its cruelty free (states on website) and a lovely 4.97. Im not to sure what to expect from heat protections seeing as it can be pretty hard to detect if its working or not... I've only used 2 heat protections before (garnier which was horrible and silk elements which made my hair feel greasy) I actually must say I loved this one. my hair feels so much nicer than any other time I straighten my hair. The only con for me is the smell....I can't even describe what it is....totally horrible. other than that. love this stuff !

on 9/14/2014 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I prefer Garnier Fructis heat protectant spray because it's more oily. This spray is okay, but I wonder how effective it really is. I don't mind the smell. I had a bottle, used it up, & am on my 2nd bottle of the Garnier Fructis (their products are salon quality sans the salon price tag!). It's not that I didn't like it so much but it didn't "wow!!" me & a product has to really impress me to repurchase. I am incredibly unloyal & fickle to mediocre products & just products in general I am always wanting to try something new & find the next latest greatest product waiting around the corner that will change my life!! TBH: a good spray for a good price. This spray is kind of dry & made my hair almost matte. I want shiny hair!! This is no show pony. Unremarkable, easily forgotten, nothing exceptional, but I would consider giving this another chance.

on 8/11/2014 5:20:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This stuff is awful. I don't get how it's supposed to be so great for your hair and protect it, when the first ingredient is alcohol! It smells weird, makes my hair crunchy, and my style doesn't last at all. Terrible, terrible, terrible.

on 7/17/2014 8:19:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This stuff would be mediocre, but it smells so bad. And the cheap wine scent lingers for days! (I only wash my hair every three days.) It's supposed to help hold style, but it makes your hair crunchy. Even the bottle is crunchy. It's so crunchy, in fact, that it gunks up the spray nozzle! I usually try to finish stuff, but I'm just going to throw this away.

on 7/5/2014 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

HATED THIS PRODUCT. I can't get over the strong smell, it reeks so terribly of alcohol. it acts more of a hairspray than a heat protector, it leaves your hair crunchy and sticky. gross. hated it. Save your money and buy a good heat protectant

on 3/17/2014 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This may work fine, but like others -- the smell is way too pungent.

on 2/27/2014 2:11:00 PM

This might work ok but I just can't get past the strong scent. I had to throw it out. At first it was ok but the more I used it the sicker I got of the scent. I think I used it a total of 4 times before I threw it out. It smells like that old school Bath and Body Works raspberry fragrance so if you like that one you'll like this.