Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Spot Concealer

3.9

on 4/6/2015 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought the light/pale color of the concealer and have been using this happily for one month. I use it for my undereye circles and as a brightener on my nose, forehead and chin. My base is te smashbox cc cream in light/medium, concealer - I chose the light although I have closer to neutral medium skin with a yellow undertone, then finish with a powder. The concealer is great for my undereye circles when applied in dabbing motions and blended gently with my finger. It doesn't last the entire day as it sometimes attracts some of my eyeliner, but it's never bad enough to have true raccoon eyes during the day. The sponge applicator can't be a good thing as far as bacteria growth. I would love if this formula would come in a squeeze tube instead. Other than that, I think it's a great product to try if you have constant dark circles under the eyes like me.

I bought the shade "light medium". There are a couple reasons why it is a poor product.

First, the packaging is hard to use. The cap is hard to snap on and off especially when it is so small. The sponge tip applicator absorbs a lot of the product. I ended up removing the sponge to access the product (which was better). The white solid packaging is also an inconvenience since you cannot see how much product is left inside compared to the clear tube. Second, the color of this particular shade is very pink/orange. It did an average job of covering scars and hyperpigmentation, but took more than one layer to do so. I also tried applying under the eyes and it covered my dark circles because of the peachy tones. However, it did crease accentuate fines and pores. Overall, I do not recommend this concealer due to bad packaging, color, and smell.

on 4/2/2015 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Great product & applicator! Coverage of my dark circles as it is opaque but not too heavy (like a tub concealer).

I lost my cap almost a week after I bought the product so I keep it in a zip lock and it still works great, but it smashed the sponge tip.

Only downside is the sponge may and probably is carrying a lot of bacteria, and it is hard to wash. Loose a lot of product when you do wash it. I'd like to see a detachment without breaking the bottle.

on 3/11/2015 4:15:00 PM

Its a good product but beware of the light/medium shade because it is orange! Gunna.have to go to fair or light shade. No carrot face for me

on 2/7/2015 3:25:00 PM

My go-to quick cover up concealer! It definetely does a good job at erasing my acne spots! Great drugstore product!

on 2/5/2015 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

One of the best drugstore concealers if you apply it right and if it matches your skin tone. It's awesome at covering dark spots with acne. Basically, remove the sponge part of the applicator, apply the concealer on the dark spot and let it adhere to your skin for a minute. Then you can LIGHTLY blend it in (this is why having the right shade is important). Then take a 1-ply tissue, cover the area with the concealer, and dust the powder on top of the tissue (this prevents the concealer for being moved around). Wear time is around 5 hours, which is very impressive in my opinion. Try to avoid touching your face, as this will disturb the concealer.

on 1/26/2015 4:06:00 PM

This is my HG under eye concealer. I have tried almost all of the high and low end brands and have a drawerful of product to prove it. It is not that I have really dark circles - I just have your average under eye issues, but I have fine lines and have yet to find a concealer texture that goes on smoothly and conceals without looking cakey and obvious until this.

I am fair. Usually I wear the second to the lightest foundation color in most brands. I also have yellow undertones. I buy the color light/medium in this which I thought would be too dark but is perfect under my eyes. Maybe color choice is why other people haven't liked this as much as I do. Going slightly darker has been the key for minimizing the shadows and slight bags under my eyes.

This is not a great concealer for other areas of my face because it is too thin and isn't super-pigmented. But for under the eye it is just right because instead of attempting to blank out my skin I just look naturally smooth and more even. I even like the sponge tip applicator because I get just the right amount of product. I usually only have to advance the clicky thing every other day. I apply it and then blend it out with a brush or my fingers.

I will be sad if they stop making this.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I am going to officially stop listening to youtuber because this product did nothing for my dark circles, or dark spots. It did however enhance fine lines to infinity. I looked a hot mess. I had to remove it and go back to MAC Pro long wear concealer.

I love this product as far as drugstore concealers go. You can use it with the sponge or without (it's easy to remove or pop back on). It's amazing for under the eyes but it blends out really nicely to highlight the face. I use it all over the face in the usual highlight areas before I contour a bit and I've always been happy with the result. I will definitely buy this again, even if I try out higher end products like Benefit/Smashbox/etc. The only thing that bugs me about Drugstore products is the price is still kind of high when you think about how long a higher end product will last you. Otherwise, great stuff! I have fair skin so I always go for the lightest shade in foundations and concealers.

on 1/18/2015 8:13:00 PM

First off, I remove the sponge because I find it completely inadequate and awkward to use: the sponge is too big for small areas and it's just a big no. I twist it for the product to ooze out and swear it on my hand, dab my concealer brush on it and apply small strokes or dots to areas on my face that need concealing.
I use Medium Moyen because I find it to be the most yellow out of the three shades available. I use it on my under eyes to conceal puffiness, redness and dark circles. It doesn't crease at all, and the consistency is just right - not too thick nor too liquid-y. It is build-able, for some mornings when my eyes are extremely tired. It doesn't dry out my skin: there was a point in my life last year when I used it inappropriately by applying it all over my nose region, half of my cheeks, half of my forehead and chin, when I was going through serious hormonal breakouts. I also had very dry skin at that time, but gladly, this concealer didn't irritate my skin.
All in all, for the price - around $10 in Australia, and half-price whenever Chemist Warehouse has their makeup sales - it is a very good buy. I've heard of excellent reviews of high-end concealers, but I don't think I am going to invest in them because Age Rewind really does it for me.
I just don't like the packaging.