Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Spot Concealer

on 6/23/2015 1:17:00 PM

I just tried this concealer and I have very bad veins (Blue and purple colour) under my eyes and when i usually put any concealer on it will crack and get super dry and you can still see the veins! This product is amazing. It not only covered the veins but it has all day wear that doesn't crease or dry out. My main recommendation is to apply it under the eye and in a triangle form right down to where your nose ends to get the best setting. The sponge is cool but I do think this is slightly unhygenic but i don't think there is really a way to avoid this and as an applicator the sponge is great,

I have bad dark circles under my eyes and always have- damn you genetics-and most concealers were either drying and settled into my circles or did not have enough coverage.

Long story short: I finally found relief when I tried out this concealer.

Pros:
Great for dark circles. Very good coverage.
Perfect balance between thin and thick.
Buildable.
Not drying at all.

Cons:
It does crease a little bit, (but there are no concealers that won't crease under the eye 100% of the time). Add a tiny bit of setting powder to help with that.

The sponge applicator is annoying. I just rip off the sponge and transfer the product directly to my finger and go from them

Overall, it's a really amazing concealer. I buy it over and over again. I can't recommend it enough to anyone with dry, troublesome dark circles.

on 5/3/2015 5:23:00 PM

I have extreamly acne prone skin along with oily skin with dry spots. This concealer provides a natural look that is FULL coverage! I used to try out a bunch of these concealer a but when I found this I haven't used one since. I have used this for about 4 months now and I continue to repurchase. It doesn't get cakey or slide off. I would HANDS DOWN recommend this product

on 4/6/2015 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought the light/pale color of the concealer and have been using this happily for one month. I use it for my undereye circles and as a brightener on my nose, forehead and chin. My base is te smashbox cc cream in light/medium, concealer - I chose the light although I have closer to neutral medium skin with a yellow undertone, then finish with a powder. The concealer is great for my undereye circles when applied in dabbing motions and blended gently with my finger. It doesn't last the entire day as it sometimes attracts some of my eyeliner, but it's never bad enough to have true raccoon eyes during the day. The sponge applicator can't be a good thing as far as bacteria growth. I would love if this formula would come in a squeeze tube instead. Other than that, I think it's a great product to try if you have constant dark circles under the eyes like me.

I bought the shade "light medium". It's an average spot concealer.

-The white solid packaging is inconvenient since you cannot see how much product is left inside compared to the clear tube.
-The color of this particular shade is very pink/orange.
-It did an average job of covering scars and hyperpigmentation
-I also tried applying under the eyes and it covered my dark circles because of the peachy/orange tones.
-it creased, accentuate fine lines and pores.

Overall, I do not recommend this concealer due to bad packaging, color, and smell.

on 4/2/2015 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Great product & applicator! Coverage of my dark circles as it is opaque but not too heavy (like a tub concealer).

I lost my cap almost a week after I bought the product so I keep it in a zip lock and it still works great, but it smashed the sponge tip.

Only downside is the sponge may and probably is carrying a lot of bacteria, and it is hard to wash. Loose a lot of product when you do wash it. I'd like to see a detachment without breaking the bottle.

on 3/11/2015 4:15:00 PM

Its a good product but beware of the light/medium shade because it is orange! Gunna.have to go to fair or light shade. No carrot face for me

on 2/7/2015 3:25:00 PM

My go-to quick cover up concealer! It definetely does a good job at erasing my acne spots! Great drugstore product!

on 2/5/2015 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

One of the best drugstore concealers if you apply it right and if it matches your skin tone. It's awesome at covering dark spots with acne. Basically, remove the sponge part of the applicator, apply the concealer on the dark spot and let it adhere to your skin for a minute. Then you can LIGHTLY blend it in (this is why having the right shade is important). Then take a 1-ply tissue, cover the area with the concealer, and dust the powder on top of the tissue (this prevents the concealer for being moved around). Wear time is around 5 hours, which is very impressive in my opinion. Try to avoid touching your face, as this will disturb the concealer.

on 1/26/2015 4:06:00 PM

This is my HG under eye concealer. I have tried almost all of the high and low end brands and have a drawerful of product to prove it. It is not that I have really dark circles - I just have your average under eye issues, but I have fine lines and have yet to find a concealer texture that goes on smoothly and conceals without looking cakey and obvious until this.

I am fair. Usually I wear the second to the lightest foundation color in most brands. I also have yellow undertones. I buy the color light/medium in this which I thought would be too dark but is perfect under my eyes. Maybe color choice is why other people haven't liked this as much as I do. Going slightly darker has been the key for minimizing the shadows and slight bags under my eyes.

This is not a great concealer for other areas of my face because it is too thin and isn't super-pigmented. But for under the eye it is just right because instead of attempting to blank out my skin I just look naturally smooth and more even. I even like the sponge tip applicator because I get just the right amount of product. I usually only have to advance the clicky thing every other day. I apply it and then blend it out with a brush or my fingers.

I will be sad if they stop making this.