October 22, 2014 | 1377 users online

Lipstick - Illamasqua - Howl

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 9:13:00 AM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Howl is described as 'Deep terracotta red, matt finish' on the Illamasqus website and it is truly, truly gorgeous. I love the formula - creamy, matte, long lasting but not drying. I prefer it to Mac to be honest.
I absolutely love red lipsticks and have many - Russian Red, Ramblas Red, Cockney, Glam Viva 1, Extended Play being my Mac ones - but this new one is hands-down my favourite.
I think my never-ending conquest for the perfect red is that as much as I like them, sometimes it appears a bit too 'much' on my face and I fee self concious. I want a red that suits me so perfectly, it looks natural and gorgeous all at the same time. This is it!
The colour is slightly brickish - I went into Mac originally thinking I would purchase Chili, but when on it pulls far too orange on me and looks weird. Dubonnet was better, but I don't like the texture of the Amplified Cremesheens. They settle into my lips and make me look older. I ummed and ahhed and decided to go over to Illamasqua - lucky for me we have a fab standalone store just over from Mac!
There are so many reds to choose from, I swatched them on the back of my hand and Howl looked right. A bit brickish but not as orange as Chili. On - well, I swoon. I love it. Totally my new HG. I can't describe it as anything other than looking right for my face. As ever the formula is great, and I haven't had to reapply after my coffee. I just slicked it straight on from the tube this morning and didn't apply Lipcote which I normally do when I wear red lipstick.
The only things I don't like are the shape - I would prefer it round rather than square. Small niggle that I can get over. It is expensive as well, at 16, but I think it's worth it for a strong colour like this. This is my third Illa lippie (second red!) and I love it.
Hopefully I will be posting a picture of me wearing it later!