Dr. Jart+ Platinum Beauty Balm

3.3

on 1/22/2014 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I liked this product, despite what the other reviewers have said about it. I really liked that the coverage was more like a light coverage foundation and as I have pale skin the colour match was great. A lot of the time I can't use BB Creams, as even in the lightest shade they are too dark and/or orange for me.

The texture is thick, but applying it with my fingers I find that it is creamy and luxurious, resulting in a beautiful dewy finish. I love finishing powders, so I do apply powder afterwards, but I doubt this is strictly necessary.

I haven't had any problems with cakey-ness of this product, but I would say that if you have oily skin, the it's probably not going to be right for you. I tend to find that this is too dewy/moisturising/oily to be worn across the whole eye area, as it results in creasing, but otherwise I haven't had any issues.

I would repurchase this, mainly due to the high SPF content and the high coverage.

on 11/24/2013 8:32:00 AM

I found this heavy, shiny, and unnatural looking. I don't think that the SPF was very effective, although I used the product generously. The most serious problem was that it significantly worsened fine lines, which have gone away since I stopped using Dr Jart.

I also used the Dr Jart Regenerating, and preferred the Platinum, as it is a bit less thick, and the colour is a bit more natural, however I had the same problems with both - cake-y, unnatural, and worsened fine lines.

on 3/17/2013 12:59:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I've been trying all 4 Dr Jart BB creams available in the UK for a while now (couldn't choose between them so just got all of them! makes sense...)
The Platinum I am not a massive fan of. It's not bad, but it's not quite what I wanted.
It's a bit thick and tricky to spread on your face. It's easiest with fingers, to warm the product up. But in my case the result is always a bit cakey! (I have combi skin with dry-ish cheeks and very oily T-zone)
It does cover well though, medium coverage so you can just use this on its own. For me though, to get the finish to be a bit less cakey, I do put a bit of moisturiser under and spray with a mist on top (setting spray, Fix+, toner...). Wish I didn't have to!
The other negative is that the colour match is off for me! I am an NC15 and as pale as I am, this is paler and makes me look ghostly. Might be good for NC10/NW10, but for me this doesn't get better as for the reviewer below. It looks ok when I add blush on top but really, I'd like it to match me.
Conclusion: I don't like using this and would not recommend it to anyone with dry skin/ patches and darker than NC/ NW 10.