September 1, 2014 | 1977 users online

Mascara - Trish McEvoy - Lash Curling Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by SQRL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

NOT FOR ME! I bought this because I had liked Trish McEvoy products in the past - but had never tried the Mascara.

Bought it because I was hunting for a new mascara - and I had a birthday coupon for $20 off.

The same day I got this, I got a birthday sample from Sephora which had a Makeup Forever mascara sample - and I liked that SO MUCH MORE than the Trish McEvoy.

This one doesn't even look like I have any mascara on at all!!!

I almost didn't buy this because the saleswoman - who was wearing it - looked like she had spiders on her eyes!

She told me that she had on at least 3 applications.

I was looking for a mascara that doesn't run (and I have to say, this doesn't run)

But even with 3 applications, it looks as if I have NO mascara on. I so do not get this.

I'm going for the Makeup Forever next time

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by CSBeauty91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara, I'm on my second tube. It is a wet mascara but I never had a problem with it getting goopy or clumpy? I'm sorry to the ladies who had that problem, but you are most likley doing it wrong. If you want to apply several coats, layer while the mascara is still WET. Do not wait for the mascara to dry in between coats because that is when it gets clumpy. However, I have found with this mascara that ONE coat is equal to 2 or 3 so layering ususally isnt necessary. Also, if anyone says its hard to get off, its not! It's super easy to remove, with WARM water. It's tubular mascara, which means that the mascara molds to your lashes and slides off with only WARM water. Regular eye makeup remover will not get the job done.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by georgiamarie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this mascara. I have never worn a mascara that stays put so well and then removes so easily. I just rub my lashes with warm water from the sink and voila! the lash tubes slide right off. There are no nasty racoon eyes--EVER. The rep who sold this to me said that lots of people freak out when they see the mascara tubes in the sink and think their lashes are falling out, so I was prepared for that the first time I took it off.

I was worried after reading a review that said the tube gets flaky after six weeks. I'm on week 10 with my first tube and I can still wear it, although I can tell its getting a bit dryer, which gives the mascara a tendency to flake. But I still haven't thought it was so bad that I've opened my new tube yet. I think 2 1/2 months is not fantastic, but also not too bad for a tube of mascara to last.

I don't really think this stuff curls my lashes, so I don't know why its named curling mascara. But as far as I'm concerned, they can call it what they want and I will still buy it. Long, defined, dark, thick lashes that don't smudge, smear or require sandblasting to remove!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by mostly_harmless

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an AMAZING mascara. it stays on all day with smudging and doesn't bothr my sensitive eyes at all. It makes my lashes look incredibly long. Unfortunately, the packaging is awful. Mascara got caught in the tthreads of the screw top just once, and it dried shut. Instead of untwisting, now the tube just comes apart. It was an expensive tube of mascara, totally wasted. Do not buy.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by JudiWickham

I have been on the hunt for an HG mascara for the last few years and have tried dozens. I stray from this sometimes, to save money, but keep coming back because nothing compares. I would rate this 4 1/2 stars, rather than 5, as a tube only lasts a few weeks for me, then it becomes flaky. The reason I give this such a high rating.. If I use this with Lancome XL primer, then my lashes practically touch my eyebrows, they become so long! UPDATE: I guess they changed the formula on this one. I just bought a new tube. It is no longer a tubing mascara and smudged on me big time..

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by laurenrbrown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best mascara that exists, I absolutely can't wear anything else. I sell makeup for a living and I've tried at least 50 other high end mascaras. The formula is fantastic. I dont understand why people are complaining that it gets goopy - if you're messy with it of course it's going to get everywhere. I use it with the Laura Mercier eyelash curler and it makes my crummy eyelashes look amazing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by flybaby

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this mascara! I only discovered it due to Nordstrom's annual "buy two get one free" sale on mascara. I don't think I'll ever buy another type of mascara so long as this is on the market.

My biggest pet peeve with mascara is how virtually all of them transfer below the eye as the day wears on. Other issues, such as flaking seem to only happen with certain mascaras, but the progressively increasing raccoon eyes? Never could completely escape them until I tried this,

I had tried a tubing mascara when the technology first came out, and I was not impressed. I don't remember the brand name, but it did nothing to thicken my lashes and they looked spidery and very underwhelming.

I have long eyelashes, not especially thick, just kind of average. I look for a mascara that gives volume and will hold curl, and if not actually curl, won't weigh my lashes down. The main reason I don't like Diorshow (not a tubing mascara), is because of this.

This list is long that I've tried over the years from drugstore to high end department store brands.

For reference, I have liked Armani Eyes to Kill. (not so much the Excess version though) I have repurchased this often and was my favorite until finding this gem.

No lash curler needed, there is a definite lift with this mascara, maybe not a lot of curl, but they still go upwards and stay that way. No crunchy lashes, no smudges at all —zero—removes easily with just warm water in the shower. I actually use a cleansing oil first, due to other makeup, and massage into skin, add a little bit of warm water to emulsify, etc. But, I've tried just warm shower water to experiment, and after a short while the mascara still will come off with no tugging and no smudges on skin under the eyes at all.

The only negative for me, (as others have mentioned) is that the tube gets goopy and needs to be wiped periodically.

I am uploading a couple of photos of my lashes with this on, not a wonderful photo, (iPhone camera) but you can see what one coat of this particular mascara will achieve. Same eye, one photo taken in profile with the lid slightly lowered, the other photo shows eyelid opened fully. These photos were taken at the end of the day after this mascara was on for over 8 hours, some of that time outside in 90° heat!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 5:05:00 PM More reviews by shortkneez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used this mascara for almost 6 years and I will not use any other brand. It glides on very easily and does not heavily coats your lashes, so if that is what you are looking for this may not be for you. I love that all I have to do to take it off is rinse my face with water and gently pull off the mascara. No wiping, rubbing or tugging. It's not waterproof, but there's no reason to care because it won't run or smear. If you like a natural look with little or no removal effort, try this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by xogabr13lla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This may be one of the few mascaras I love. I am super picky about mascaras and need them to be perfect. My criteria is water proof, no flaking, easy to put on, makes my lashes look awesome. That being said, this does ALL of that and then some.

The trick to making this work is to use this in conjunction with their High Volume Mascara. If you go in there with the small brush first and then right after that with the Lash Curling Brush, you'll get drop dead gorgeous lashes. The mascara stays on forever. The tubes are SO easy to get off, which I love. I hate having mascara/eyeliner leftover on my eyes. This mascara truly is amazing and I feel like everyone should try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by vwbenzo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this mascara! My lashes are well defined, wide awake and fanned out. I wear it over Dior's lash plumping serum or just by itself. Never had a clump or racoon eyes. And here's the trick to taking it off: just have to get them really wet. Preferably in the shower and itll all come off so easily between your fingers. This is a HG for me :)