December 19, 2014 | 1581 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Megalast Liquid Lip Color

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by msaunderscam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm hoping I can clear up the issues with this product. I have 4 of these (Rose to the Occasion, Cherry on Top, High Pitched Wine, and Click on my Hyperpink) and truly think they're on par with mid to high end liquid lip colors. The only difference I've really noticed between these and, say, Stila's, is the sticky feeling you get after application with these, which can easily be remedied!

Exfoliating and moisturizing is a good idea, but not a necessity. I do try to moisturize and then wipe off the excess so my lips won't crack as much ideally, but sometimes forget. I apply as carefully as I can (sometimes I use the ELF concealer brush for $1, very small and great as a lip brush, and sometimes I just use the applicator) - you must be quick to fix any errors as it will dry quickly. Only do one layer, no more. Let it dry, do not put your lips together, and once it's mostly dry, you'll probably notice it's still sticky and uncomfortable. BLOT YOUR LIPS UNTIL THERE IS NO TRANSFER. Focus especially between your lips at the edges - this is where I get the most transfer.

After blotting, you should have zero transfer to anything. I blot with tissues until I get no transfer and then blot a little more, and then do a test on the back of my hand. I'm set for the rest of the day from there. No sticky feeling, no "cement" feeling, etc. Yes, it is a bit drying, as it is a matte liquid lip color, but nothing that can't be dealt with - I think my lips feel better than they do with nothing on, and I have very dry lips.

Basically, blotting is the key! These are highly pigmented and great for the price, and I'd recommend them to anybody and everybody. I can't wait to pick up the rest of the colors. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2014 2:49:00 AM More reviews by dardarthvader

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm almost positive this is the lipstick Wonder Woman wore while employed because it lasts forever and a half, whether you're working out, eating a nice sandwich, saving people, flying, etc. etc.

I' purchased 'Red My Mind' and is by far my holy grail of red lipsticks, and I've gone thru quite a few. MAC Russian Red, Nyx lip cream in Spicy, Wet n' Wild Spotlight Red, Revlon lip butters, etc. etc. This one's the winner for lots of reason. One, being that it's a beautiful, TRUE red that easily pairs with any skin tone. My favorite red lipstick used to be Spotlight Red which is a known dupe for MAC's Russian Red and Ruby Woo, but I like the precision of the liquid and I feel like this shade of red is more versatile than the mentioned shades. Spotlight Red, Russian Red, etc. I feel can learn towards being vampy and dramatic if your skin tone is fair/lighter side of olive and medium. The ultra pigmentation and matte finish wins me over completely. Also, because it tends to tighten around your lip it gives me this plumping effect that I can't say anything bad about.

Although many complain about how tight it can feel on your lips and how you'll never forget that you're wearing lipstick with this stuff on, I actually appreciate that. I've used this product a bunch of times and have only had a problem with a little flaking if I didn't moisturize lips before OR I didn't wait before the first coat dried and applied a second. Call me crazy for going against every other review about this product, but I don't have any problem lip balming before or after.

MY APPLICATION: My lips vary from completely moisturized to very chapped, so I always use lip balm or coconut oil before applying. Then, I apply a (red) lip liner all over my lips. It's an important step for me because it's one less coat of the lip color to apply which can feel heavy after the 2nd coat. I apply the lipstick SPARINGLY and voila! I transform into an exotic Marilyn Monroe (in my wildest dreams). I emphasize sparingly because that may be another factor as to why it cracks/flakes for some people. If you slab on too much, you'll actually get less coverage and a streaky application. If I feel like I didn't get enough coverage or want my lips to be bolder, I let the coat dry and reapply only to the parts that need it (that's why it's a smart idea to lip line). Let it dry and powder if needed.

TAKING IT OFF: Again, I go against every reviewer here. Please no torches and angry pitch forks outside my apartment window. This stuff stays put when you want it to, but it's really easy to take off! The key is coconut oil or olive oil if you don't have that. Just rub it on until you look like a drunken mess with lipstick all over your face then wipe.

Repurchasing! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Charlie19

This stuff is the most disgusting lip gloss I've ever encountered. When I first put it on it was fine but that 5 seconds later it got very sticky and gross. The color is very pretty but the product itself is bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2014 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Kaitlynenglot

This was by far the most disgusting lip product I have ever tried before. It felt fine, until it dried into a hard sticky mess! It showed every crease in my lips. I tried to wipe it off and the toilet paper got stuck to my lips! I've used lip balm underneath and lip gloss over, nothing makes this better. Would NEVER buy again or recommend to anybody.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by KCSunny1

This is much like Max Factor's Lipfinity or Cover Girl's Outlast without the gloss. It STAYS PUT and for that I love this product. The color is fabulous and it lasts and lasts, which is very impressive. I do wish however, it had a bit of gloss to it. That is the only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars. I was really hoping for more of a richly pigmented gloss. For the price however, it's fabulous!

Now, let me say to those complaining about the staying power, you need a little experience with semi-permanent lip products. Once you become accustomed to them, you will appreciate them much better. You can remove them with anything that has oil in it, even a lip balm will take it right off. You must also be sparing with it when applying, actually painting it on, insteading of slathering it as you would a gloss, so that it does not crack when it dries.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2014 6:13:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I do not have any major complaints to say about this product at all. To me it is more of a lipgloss than a liquid lipstick. The staying power that it has is the same as a lipgloss. And, no I have not experienced problems with it drying out my lips or causing any flaking ever.

I would have no problems re-buying it again at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by suzata86

this is the worst of the worst one can ever imagine, first of all its ultra dry like you put a cement on your lips and just like cement it stays there! its difficult to smile and talk with that on one's lips. I had a hard time removing it even after applying soap and water and had to scrape with my nails. and it doesnt feel nice to have it on our lips. its just not worth a buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by SarasColors

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this, it makes my lips lightly tingle. I usually wear it over Revlon last all day, so I don't feel it dry lips. It's cheap, so that's a plus. It's like $2. And yessss, I will buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by glamycakes2014

i liked this at first until it dried and made my lips feel really tight...anyone else have that problem? its also matte. oncr it sticks it stays all day...and i mean all day!!!! thats greatbut not when ur 2 year old puts it all over herself and u cant get it off!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by ANZology

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I feel like calling this a lip stain is severely misleading. Is it drying like a lip stain product? Yes. But lip stains do just that: Stain. This does not stain. It flakes off. It reminds me of lip tattoos by Violent Lips. So, if you're looking into trying this, please be aware that it does not actually stain your lips. It dries and sticks in a thin layer. If you're looking for an actual staining product, try the stains by Revlon.

Moving on, this product has been catching a lot of heat, I can understand why. It's packaged like a gloss, the texture looks smooth and hydrating, but you cannot pack on multiple layers and wipe it off with a tissue. However, if you want something with good color payoff, this is a good product.

It should go without saying that using this on dry/chapped lips is just begging for disappointment. This also does not apply well on top of lip balms. The biggest mistake people seem to make is applying too much at once. You only need a small amount anyway, because it's impressively pigmented. The color that dries on my lips is exactly the same as the color it is in the container. If you want to apply a second coat, wait for the first coat to dry. You'll know when it's dry, because as with most products that promise exquisite color payoff, it is drying.

This is something that isn't mentioned on any other reviews, but I LOVE the applicator! The shape and the flexibility are perfect. I wish that every lip product I owned came with similar wands! Probably a strange thing to praise, but I have an easy time quickly and evenly applying the product with the wand.

There are some glosses that are temperamental with the formula, and will add a nice shine without causing it to flake. It's all trial and error. And this stuff is EASILY removed with an oil based makeup remover, or in my case, extra virgin olive oil. Just apply some to a cotton pad, press it against your lips for a few seconds, gently wipe a few times, done.

I've only experienced the formula chipping off when eating a meal. Drinks and snacks cause no flaking. This product is great for wearing to clubs and parties. It'll probably also come in handy on Halloween (depending on your costume, this might be useful on multiple areas of the face). I have a friend that used it as blush, and it looked great! She had to use a tiny amount and blend it out very quickly, but it worked. For the price, I think it's fair to give at least one shade a try. But obviously if you hate drying products, or hate having to deal with any level of maintenance with your lip colors, do not purchase.