Wet 'n' Wild Megalast Liquid Lip Color

2.9

Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogenated Polycyclopentadiene, Synthetic Beeswax, Disteardimonium Hectorite, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Microcrystalline Wax/Cire microcrystalline, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Carbonate, Barium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dioleyl Tocopheryl Methylsilanol, Caprylic/Capric Yriglyceride, Tocopherol, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Oleyl Alcohol, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate (in 926A), Calcium Alliminum Borosilicate (in 926A, 927A), Silica (in 920A, 926A, 927A), [+/-(MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR): Blue 1 Lake/CI 75470, Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499, Mica, Red 28 Lake/CI 45410, Red 6/CI 15850, Red 7 Lake/CI 15850, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891, Yellow 5 Lake/CI 19140, Yellow 6 Lake/CI 15985] 0712

on 4/12/2015 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I had bought Click On My Hyperpink & fell in luv w the color coz to me it reminds me of MAC St Germain, then I went back to kmart & bought the rest one of every color they offered & I did not like the others so I kept Hyperpink & I Can Bare It. I wish I hadn't thrown the others away. I did toss them coz I was disgusted by working w them how difficult it was but I found a new color today at kmart called Pink Perfection that is nice. The other colors weren't colors I normally wore anyways they were more bright/darks & I am a neutral/pink lady so I hate throwing away makeup, it's like throwing away money but I couldn't remove these glosses until I discovered Sephora's long wearing lipstick remover. It is $5 & oil based so it helps get that gluey feeling off ur lips. I like the 3 I have now, I will use them on a regular basis but I prob won't buy any more colors. I like Stila liquid lipsticks much better. These ARE long wearing hence the 4 lippies but color selection sux coz it's mostly vampy colors. Also it wears off unevenly & it feels tight on ur lips. It's def not a lipgloss. I've not tried any other long wearing lipsticks besides Stila, CG Outlast, & Max Factor Lipfinity the last 2 I did not really think were all that they were way more expensive than the wnw & had that stupid oily top coat. I would like to try ABH, but I don't have a spare $20 at the moment or LimeCrime (God NO not after the scandal), LA Splash, or Jeffree Star but all of those u have to order online & wnw is in my price range & conveniently located at my local kmart lol. These are definitely unique in that they don't transfer much. Wnw could improve them. Wish there were some frosty colors & more pale colors/neutrals too. But if ur verging on a no-buy then these are budget-friendly & a nice DS-pick-me-up if ur feeling meh.

Check out my review on my blog "Girl talk with alia" (Link below) for a very detailed review on this product :)

on 3/3/2015 12:15:00 AM

I have several of these and I love them all. I think most people who don't like these are mistaking them for a lip gloss, which they are not. They are very similar to the OCC Lip Tars in that they are very pigmented and a little goes a long way. I have to say that the matte colors are better, in my opinion, but that may just be personal preference. The pigmentation is amazing and they really do stay put. I can eat, drink, and talk talk talk with these on and barely have to touch up (only if I've been eating something messy and been wiping my lips a lot). The key is to use as little product as possible, blot it until there is no transfer and it isn't sticky anymore and not put anything on top of it or it will go all sticky again. You just have to know how to work with it.

I don't like this new lip gloss. It's good until it dries on your lips but if you use chap stick on your lips after it dries or is still sticky its perfectly good.

I have this product in "Raisin' the roof" and my first impression was that it was the most beautiful color I'd seen in quite some time! However, during application and wear, I knew I had made a mistake. First of all, I had a very difficult time getting the product even on my lips- due, I think, to it drying so fast. But then I noticed that the more I applied, the product started to get clumpy, so I eventually just left it.
This is not an applicator issue, this product has a applicator I normally really love & works for me, but it couldn't fix this mess. Immediately after drying completely, the product began to flake slightly on my inner lip, and dried my lips so much they began to pucker. I knew then I would not wear this product on my lips ever again. It still looked pretty ok, so I decided to wear it anyway.
(Note: I applied balm about an hour previous- then applied product when the balm wore off, so my lips were neither dry nor was this product applied over lip balm.)
After 1 & 1/2 hours of wear, product was hanging in long strips over my lips, only attached by the outside edges :-( I removed with tweezers, because I had swatched on my hand the previous day, & my makeup remover (oil-based) had done nothing but make a bigger mess. This product is not for me. Because I hate to waste things, though, I intend to use this as a skin crayon, because it seems to work ok for that for me.
Edit: I'm finding this product removes pretty well with lip balm. So there's that.

on 12/11/2014 8:47:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'm hoping I can clear up the issues with this product. I have 4 of these (Rose to the Occasion, Cherry on Top, High Pitched Wine, and Click on my Hyperpink) and truly think they're on par with mid to high end liquid lip colors. The only difference I've really noticed between these and, say, Stila's, is the sticky feeling you get after application with these, which can easily be remedied!

Exfoliating and moisturizing is a good idea, but not a necessity. I do try to moisturize and then wipe off the excess so my lips won't crack as much ideally, but sometimes forget. I apply as carefully as I can (sometimes I use the ELF concealer brush for $1, very small and great as a lip brush, and sometimes I just use the applicator) - you must be quick to fix any errors as it will dry quickly. Only do one layer, no more. Let it dry, do not put your lips together, and once it's mostly dry, you'll probably notice it's still sticky and uncomfortable. BLOT YOUR LIPS UNTIL THERE IS NO TRANSFER. Focus especially between your lips at the edges - this is where I get the most transfer.

After blotting, you should have zero transfer to anything. I blot with tissues until I get no transfer and then blot a little more, and then do a test on the back of my hand. I'm set for the rest of the day from there. No sticky feeling, no "cement" feeling, etc. Yes, it is a bit drying, as it is a matte liquid lip color, but nothing that can't be dealt with - I think my lips feel better than they do with nothing on, and I have very dry lips.

Basically, blotting is the key! These are highly pigmented and great for the price, and I'd recommend them to anybody and everybody. I can't wait to pick up the rest of the colors. :)

on 11/28/2014 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

So far, I have 'Iris I Was Rich,' 'Pocketful of Roses,' and 'Red My Mind.' I have a separate review for Red My Mind because god darn, it is my all time favorite lipstick! I have two other red lippies, Spotlight Red from Wet n Wild as well and Spicy from NYX. Those two never leave the shelf anymore. The ultra pigmentation and matte finish wins me over completely. As for the other two colors that are much more neutral, pinky-toned and seem to have a little shimmer on it, I like em' too but not quite as much as Red My Mind. They are both divineeeeee colors, but I find that the little hints of glitter make it all the more drying and stiff. The colors really win you over though. 'Iris I Was Rich' (excuse my inconsistent use of ') is a super neutral nude that has a slight frosty finish on the brown side. One of those lippies than could benefit from a layer of gloss. 'Pocketful of Roses' is a dupe for NYX's 'Natural.' It's a pretty "midi" color (not too neutral not too bold kinda thang).

Although many complain about how tight it can feel on your lips and how you'll never forget that you're wearing lipstick with this stuff on, I actually appreciate that. I've used this product a bunch of times and have only had a problem with a little flaking if I didn't moisturize lips before OR I didn't wait before the first coat dried and applied a second. Call me crazy for going against every other review about this product, but I don't have any problem lip balming before or after.

MY APPLICATION: My lips vary from completely moisturized to very chapped, so I always use lip balm or coconut oil before applying. Then, I apply a lip liner all over my lips. It's an important step for me because it's one less coat of the lip color to apply which can feel heavy after the 2nd coat. I apply the lipstick SPARINGLY and voila! I transform into an exotic Marilyn Monroe (in my wildest dreams). I emphasize sparingly because that may be another factor as to why it cracks/flakes for some people. If you slab on too much, you'll actually get less coverage and a streaky application. If I feel like I didn't get enough coverage or want my lips to be bolder, I let the coat dry and reapply only to the parts that need it (that's why it's a smart idea to lip line). Let it dry and powder if needed.

TAKING IT OFF: Again, I go against every reviewer here. Please no torches and angry pitch forks outside my apartment window. This stuff stays put when you want it to, but it's really easy to take off! The key is coconut oil or olive oil if you don't have that. Just rub it on until you look like a drunken mess with lipstick all over your face then wipe.

Repurchasing! :)

on 11/10/2014 1:42:00 PM

This stuff is the most disgusting lip gloss I've ever encountered. When I first put it on it was fine but that 5 seconds later it got very sticky and gross. The color is very pretty but the product itself is bad.

on 10/12/2014 6:14:00 PM

This was by far the most disgusting lip product I have ever tried before. It felt fine, until it dried into a hard sticky mess! It showed every crease in my lips. I tried to wipe it off and the toilet paper got stuck to my lips! I've used lip balm underneath and lip gloss over, nothing makes this better. Would NEVER buy again or recommend to anybody.

on 9/16/2014 5:07:00 PM

This is much like Max Factor's Lipfinity or Cover Girl's Outlast without the gloss. It STAYS PUT and for that I love this product. The color is fabulous and it lasts and lasts, which is very impressive. I do wish however, it had a bit of gloss to it. That is the only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars. I was really hoping for more of a richly pigmented gloss. For the price however, it's fabulous!

Now, let me say to those complaining about the staying power, you need a little experience with semi-permanent lip products. Once you become accustomed to them, you will appreciate them much better. You can remove them with anything that has oil in it, even a lip balm will take it right off. You must also be sparing with it when applying, actually painting it on, insteading of slathering it as you would a gloss, so that it does not crack when it dries.

Popular Lipsticks