August 23, 2014 | 1323 users online

BB Cream - HANSKIN - Glossy BB Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by larojiblanca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

There is no way that this could be a BB cream; it is just too sheer. If you apply it on its own, it will make your skin look like an oil slick. However, I've found a great use for this as a highlighter! It contains quite a bit of fine shimmers (no large sparkles, thank god) so you don't need a lot even when using it for highlight. After applying my regular BB cream, I apply a few dots on my forehead, nose bridge, cheekbones and under-eye area, pat away and I'm left with a very natural, luminescent sheen. I prefer this to powder highlighter as it doesn't accentuate flakiness or fade during the day. The oil control is above par for a BB cream, so that's a plus.

If you want your to give your face an overall glow, you can definitely mix this with any matte BB cream.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by stellina

Thanks to the worldwide BB cream craze, the Korean brands are easier to get here and they really are superior to what the big names are producing. Hanskin is the first brand I tried and it's probably my favorite (I would put Missha, Skin79 & BRTC behind it in that order). I've tried a few of their formulas and I find that different ones work for different reasons: right now, it's very cold so I switched from Smart Total to Super Plus Perfect, which is more moisturizing. Then I got the Glossy to see if it would work as a layer over it, and I'm happy to report that it does. Admittedly I took a chance because the few samples of "glossy" or "shiny" BBs that I've tried were far too metallic-looking, but the Hanskin adds just the right amount of glow. I would never use it on its own because it's too sheer for me but that might be an advantage for some.